Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about group mission "VIP reward" for solution of fake role?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How about group mission "VIP reward" for solution of fake role?

For example...
Reward "You can choose 3 gold quality material from BlackSmith, Wooden, Cloth, Enchant, Jewelry, and Cooking.

[Tank role] Exceed damage amount border which is taken by taunt work until tank's death
(not all progress, but concentrate long surviving term with taunt work).

[DPS] Exceed dealing damage amount border though the all progress.

[Healer] Exceed healing amount border though the all progress.

This needs careful beta testing process to define decent "border line",
But, I think it'll make sense at some point for solution of fake role problem.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a simpler reward would be to just double the normal rewards, so 20 instead of 10 transmutes, which is almost a full gear item recreation

but the problem is going to come down to your checks
    • for healer: its already too easy for dmg dealers to do as much healing as a healer, unless your excluding self heals as most dmg dealers do not have much in way of aoe heals
    • for tank: on normal runs a dmg dealer can generally easily "tank" through the entire dungeon without dying if they are a good player, i mean ive even tanked a normal march of sacrifices on a mostly pvp spec NB (accidentally of course, forgot to change role back to dps before queue lol) (there were only a few attacks that i straight up could not block and had to dodge)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanks do not necessarily block damage. There are other ways to avoid damage other than blocking.

For healing, each group and dungoen is different. A bad group takes a lot of damage because they do not know the fights/mechanics or are unable to see anything beyond the boss. With a skilled DPS player, they would be able to avoid and mitigate much of the damage.

Also, each fight and dungeon are very different so the numbers would not be a one size fits all.

As such the suggestion is not workable.

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Tanks do not necessarily block damage. There are other ways to avoid damage other than blocking.

For healing, each group and dungoen is different. A bad group takes a lot of damage because they do not know the fights/mechanics or are unable to see anything beyond the boss. With a skilled DPS player, they would be able to avoid and mitigate much of the damage.

Also, each fight and dungeon are very different so the numbers would not be a one size fits all.

"A bad group takes a lot of damage because they do not know the fights/mechanics or are unable to see anything beyond the boss."

Correct!! I thought same thing. So, problem is reward border line is depend on your team mate quality.

But, ZOS must consider to make something reward for good role player or punishment for the evil fake role player,
    otherwise PUG group mission will be just chaos.

Moreover, ZOS must consider to tell the players game gimmick by decent way or UI design.
    Current situation is almost chaos. Each time I meet newbie I must explain dungeon gimmick.
    That's is so unprofessional game design. Think about current situation, ZOS is just bad game designer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Also, each fight and dungeon are very different ..."

Yea that's also problem.
    How about put the "odds" for difficulty difference for the each of dungeon?

2023/12/21
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"A bad group takes a lot of damage because they do not know the fights/mechanics or are unable to see anything beyond the boss."

Correct!! I thought same thing. So, problem is reward border line is depend on your team mate quality.

But, ZOS must consider to make something reward for good role player or punishment for the evil fake role player,
    otherwise PUG group mission will be just chaos.

Moreover, ZOS must consider to tell the players game gimmick by decent way or UI design.
    Current situation is almost chaos. Each time I meet newbie I must explain dungeon gimmick.
    That's is so unprofessional game design. Think about current situation, ZOS is just bad game designer.

This makes it far to complicated and unworkable. (what is in bold)

The only thing Zos needs to consider is if they will require a tank to have a taunt unlocked, a healer to have a heal that will heal others unlocked, and a DD to have some damage-dealing skills unlocked. Those are the only requirements for those specific roles. Maybe they could add tutorials that one must complete queueing for a role similar to what FF14 has.

Beyond that, there is nothing for Zenimax to do since we do not have rigid designs for each role like WoW, FF14 and many other MMORPGs that came before ESO. It is a big reason we like the game.

Not sure what you mean by game gimmick as there are no tricks for playing ESO. Even then, much of the newer content has an NPC giving us hints on how to do the fight and trash mobs using mechanics we will see in a boss fight to prepare us for it. This is a good game design.

There are also numerous websites that have walkthroughs for each dungeon. If people do not want to pay attention or even figure some things out beforehand that is their own choice. If people choose to queue to have the game place them with random strangers which may not know what to do, that is their choice, None of which has to do with poor game design. Heck, there are many players that cannot even recognize an obvious circle telling them to get out of that area and die time after time to the same well-telegraphed mechanics. That is not due to poor game design.

Much of this is why I started refusing to queue with random groups and will never tank for them. I prefer to run with people who take the time to figure out a fight and pay attention to the mechanics.

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote...
    ...Much of this is why I started refusing to queue with random groups and will never tank for them. I prefer to run with people who take the time to figure out a fight and pay attention to the mechanics.

Agree.
    And 60% of normal dungeon run member has imposter fake tank.

When I want to do gear farming at the specific normal dungeon, I always use my tank character
    who can kill most of normal dungeon boss by solo. Or, for challenge some DLC Vet.

But...

I don't want to call my guild member tank just only for random normal run.
    So, I made my DPS character "balanced solo fighter" rather than pure DPS.
    I know my DPS is fake DD build, but moreover fragile fake tank player is more
    worse than my fake DD. Sometime people quit at the start line of normal dungeon run
    when they notice the tank role is totally fake.

But DPS role queue waiting time is very long than tank role. So I don't want to quit it
    for 10 transmute stone.

2023/12/21