The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

WTB Fish for Provisioning

nudel
nudel
✭✭✭✭✭
Back in the first iteration I tested of the crafting systems, fish were part of Provisioning. They were ingredients. You could catch some fish and take them to a cooking fire and fry them.

That overall crafting system was not fairly intuitive for other non-fish related reasons. This new system is better in every single way...except you took the fish away :(

I can't be alone in wanting them back. Currently fish serve no purpose except for grinding out achievements. I mean sure it's a time sink, but that's it.

I know a lot of recipe variants exist. Perhaps fish could be made into additives for blue or purple recipes. There aren't very many purple recipes and they seem to drop for only 2 levels in the entire game. Expanding the amount of purples could give you the opportunity to integrate fish into the system.

Fish would immediately become a commodity for provisioners. It would give Fishing a purpose aside from achievement grinding.

The only downside I can see is that farmer bots might camp all the fishing hole spawns and overfish them until they're gone. But they do that already with nodes and people are still able to find raw materials without buying them from a farming bot.
  • KittyMauge
    YES!!!

/signed!

Wonderful idea! Make fishing useful! :D !
  • nastisha
    nastisha
    I love fishing, I love provisioning. Yeah, cooked fish would rule!
  • Fexx
    Fexx
    Yes, I agree with this 100%.
    Also thought and have read Fishing was going to go with Alchemy as well.
    Being Level 50 in Alchemy, I would love for this to happen.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much this! I love fishing but it has to be useful for something.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fexx wrote: »
    Yes, I agree with this 100%.
    Also thought and have read Fishing was going to go with Alchemy as well.
    Being Level 50 in Alchemy, I would love for this to happen.

Good idea! Salmon roe was an alchemical ingredient in Skyrim as were several fish. Fish roe already exists in the game, but only as a bait. Would be nice to see it enter the crafting system as well.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    The more functions for fishing the better!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this - fishing for food as well as sport should be a no brainer here. It's amazing that fish that are caught are just junk items. Whats the point of having a "trophy" that you can not mount nor display anywhere? All fishing ATM equates to is a kill time segment while waiting for mat's to respawn.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather not have to fish to make my blue/purple food thanks.

They removed it for a reason and being annoying was probably one of them.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, Fishing needs a purpose.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be hope for this in future content. Newest blog post The Road Ahead lists the following back to back as future changes:
    • Improvements to fishing
    • Crafting system improvements

Could it mean fish get added to Alchemy or Provisioning? One can only hope.
  • Era
    Era
    Couldn't agree more. Personally I like to kick back for 5 mins every once in a while and fish between slaying, and indeed it makes no sense that it is not used for alchemy/provisioning, or even the scales are used for armour. There are lots of areas it would make logical sense for fish to be used.

I hope as the recent 'road ahead' fishing improvement(s) indeed address this.

in the meantime I shall still be sitting around every once in a while muttering 'here fishy fishy fishy' :)