The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound keeps cutting out

Jennifur_Vultee
Jennifur_Vultee
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed on 5/29/2022 that the sound keeps cutting out for a few seconds fairly regularly.
I've tried the steps listed here and it didn't help. I've made no changes to my PC, no hardware, no driver or BIOS updates recently. The sound cuts out with both my Corsair Void wireless headset and my Creative sound bar.
"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jennifur_Vultee

Thank you for the update. Since none of the suggested troubleshooting has helped with these sound issues, we recommend starting a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I’m getting regular sound stutters since high isle dropped, and have tried all of steps to fixing this listed in that trouble shooting page. One thing that has me convinced it is on ZOS’s end is from what I’ve been able to figure out adjusting all the sound settings it’s only the ambience that stutters really bad whenever my characters are moving quickly. All the other sounds when enabled are working as intended far as I can tell no stuttering. Not sure what to do at this point other than disabling ambience sound which sucks.

*UPDATE* @ 17:25:00 pm 6/9/2022

I have since figured out when I mute footsteps volume ambience works fine then. I then figured out the sound is only bugging out when riding my Valiant Sovngarde Charger horse mount or my Great Dark Ram. Seems like something to do with the hooves steps of those mounts interfering with the Ambience Volume as the ambience than cuts in and out but the footsteps when riding that mount are heard fine.

@ZOS_Bill
    Edited by celner4_ESO on June 9, 2022 11:25PM
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @celner4_ESO

Thank you for the detailed description of what you've tried so far. Since the sound only has issues when riding the Valiant Sovngarde Charger or Great Dark Ram it indicates a possible bug. If you haven't done so, please go ahead and send in a bug report here.
    Staff Post
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    I’m getting regular sound stutters since high isle dropped, and have tried all of steps to fixing this listed in that trouble shooting page. One thing that has me convinced it is on ZOS’s end is from what I’ve been able to figure out adjusting all the sound settings it’s only the ambience that stutters really bad whenever my characters are moving quickly. All the other sounds when enabled are working as intended far as I can tell no stuttering. Not sure what to do at this point other than disabling ambience sound which sucks.

*UPDATE* @ 17:25:00 pm 6/9/2022

I have since figured out when I mute footsteps volume ambience works fine then. I then figured out the sound is only bugging out when riding my Valiant Sovngarde Charger horse mount or my Great Dark Ram. Seems like something to do with the hooves steps of those mounts interfering with the Ambience Volume as the ambience than cuts in and out but the footsteps when riding that mount are heard fine.

@ZOS_Bill

Thank you so much for this - this ambient sound cutting in and out has been driving me nuts for about 2 weeks.

Muted footsteps and problem solved! Def a bug
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nerdrage9000

We are glad you've found a resolution for this sound issue.
    Staff Post
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Nerdrage9000

We are glad you've found a resolution for this sound issue.

@ZOS_Bill Hey man!

Welllllllllllllll - Im not going to say that it is a "resolution' per-se, as this is def a bug fr.

All I did is turn off footsteps. Not the best fix ever...:)

If I could get footsteps back - that would be amaze.

However, if I had to pick - I would prefer houseguests being able to get assigned /emotes in their pathing in a home over this bug (But I'll take what I can get!)

Cheers