Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So... The Crimson Mother's Blood Siphon attack is fun.

captainwolfos
captainwolfos
✭✭✭✭
Is this boss literally impossible to solo? Because every time she does that move, I can't do anything to counter it, or break free. She just drains me until I die.

It'd be nice if companions had the ability to interrupt when they're not being actively attacked.

Were it not for some rando jumping in, I wouldn't have that boss marked off my map lmao
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 12, 2022 8:34PM
Enemy of Boob Plates
For the Covenant! For the High King!
Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this boss literally impossible to solo? Because every time she does that move, I can't do anything to counter it, or break free. She just drains me until I die.

It'd be nice if companions had the ability to interrupt when they're not being actively attacked.

Were it not for some rando jumping in, I wouldn't have that boss marked off my map lmao

Is that the Group Event in Spire of the Crimson Coin?

I soloed that in the PTS with a template character IIRC.

I think you can survive the siphon, you can't break free out of it while solo but you can out heal the damage she does. I think I was running a Healer spec companion, and RoTPO with lots of DoTs.

I did die once to that boss, so it could be just luck. Not sure if the boss was buffed for Live

See 4:18 in this video, the player gets out of the siphon

https://youtu.be/0gJoLvNItuU?t=258

Edited by xgoku1 on June 8, 2022 2:12PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember fighting this the other day, as my tank toon, she was doing negligible dmg to me and i think it does end after a certain time if its not interrupted, very annoying to be sure lol

companions can bash to interrupt, but only if they are in melee range of the target when they are channeling
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thysbe
    Thysbe
    ✭✭
    I recommend using a heal companion or fighters guils ritual of salvation with a tank companion (and stand in it) - that helped me to survive it with a 25k life DD build
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Companions do interrupt if they are melee, and interrupt reliably with SnB.
    Without companions, there is precognition ulti.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the vigor morph that has the HOT and keep it up at all times. At least that's how I soloed the fight
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of WB and public dungeon boss are not so dangerous for the decent tank character.
    So, that was same boring combat for me.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on June 12, 2022 2:43AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I parked Ember temporarily and brought my Mirri healer out for that fight (after dying the first time of course) ... easy after that.

For high health tanks it also isn't a problem and you can also keep a couple of HOTs going if you're a low health squishy DPS (Illustrious healing + Regen from resto staff will do the trick.)

Having said that, I hate capture mechanics almost as much as I hate wall of death mechanics (I'm looking at you Wildhorn.)
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be easy if there are more players around. High Isle feels very quiet on PC EU :'(
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be easy if there are more players around. High Isle feels very quiet on PC EU :'(

You're right and it would be no problem with more player but actually this particular group event boss comes at you pretty fast since the quest for that particular dungeon takes you right to her. I don't remember any other group event boss in other zones coming so soon after you enter the dungeon or being right in the path of the quest.

Typically the quests in them are fairly easy affairs and you have to go out of your way to even find the main boss but not in this dungeon.

I think it just catches players a bit off guard because of that.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is just too many instances.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

prolly keeps lag down? i noticed the same post update, snappy load times, low pop instances. . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭

I love when randos jump in and save my trash ass out of nowhere lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Might be, see lots of people around, now if you play in off hours or then the content get older.
    But as we now have 4 companions it might be smart to specialize them. Have the one you like most as your standard follower. One healer and one tank for harder content.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post