The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slight tweak to Prior Theirric set please

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
The Prior thierric set is almost perfect for templar spears the way its set up, but the physical damage part on the whirlwind is the one thing that keeps it from being perfect.

Can you please change it so that the whirlwind does magic damage if your spell damage is higher than your weapon damage and vice versa with physical damage?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 20, 2024 4:15AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it shouldnt really matter what dmg type it is, as its dmg is scaled to the higher of your weapon and spell dmg (if they arent equal now)

physical dmg can also proc sundered status effect, which is basically minor breach

i dont think it makes sense to change the dmg type for your one theme request, they would be changing that all the time if everyone wanted dmg types changed on a set to match their theme and that might not work for someone else
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on May 26, 2022 9:25PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also Templar has a +6% Weapon AND Spell Damage, so you'll do the same damage either way.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    it shouldnt really matter what dmg type it is, as its dmg is scaled to the higher of your weapon and spell dmg (if they arent equal now)

physical dmg can also proc sundered status effect, which is basically minor breach

i dont think it makes sense to change the dmg type for your one theme request, they would be changing that all the time if everyone wanted dmg types changed on a set to match their theme and that might not work for someone else

I understand and you make very valid points about the procs. But, to make my case, its not about that; its about damage numbers and balance between both magplars and stamplars pure and simple.

The set currently benefits stamplars more than magplars largely on the basis of champion points. The mage node that increases physical damage (whose name escapes me) naturally affects the thierric set. As such, stamplars do more damage because IIRC magplars would normally never slot this node since their spear damage is purely magic based.

All im asking for is to make it so that if you have higher spell damage the whirlwind does magic damage so its not a disadvantage to non stamina builds.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Small Counter Offer:

Make it do Bleed Damage, so it can Proc Hemorrhaging.

Also a Blood Whirlwind would probably be the most Metal thing to happen in ESO.

Just Sayin

• Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    Small Counter Offer:

Make it do Bleed Damage, so it can Proc Hemorrhaging.

Also a Blood Whirlwind would probably be the most Metal thing to happen in ESO.

Just Sayin

Im hopefully wrong on this but isn't hemorrhaging a martial/physical status effect?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it is, bleed and Hemorrhage are physical statuses

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem with the set is that it's uptime is really bad
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

well yeah thats an issue in the same vein; its a physical status effect which still puts magplars at a disadvantage. I'd be fine with swapping out damage for bleed so long as magplars got a similar magic based status effect if the spell power was higher.

@ESO_Nightingale
    Yeah fair point, the cool down time could definitely be nerfed from 15 seconds down to say maybe 12 or 10, but its still a very powerful ability for Templars when spear jabs are basically our bread and butter. Maybe if someone at ZOS sees this we can cross our fingers and hope it gets fixed in the next patch.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

well yeah thats an issue in the same vein; its a physical status effect which still puts magplars at a disadvantage. I'd be fine with swapping out damage for bleed so long as magplars got a similar magic based status effect if the spell power was higher.

@ESO_Nightingale
    Yeah fair point, the cool down time could definitely be nerfed from 15 seconds down to say maybe 12 or 10, but its still a very powerful ability for Templars when spear jabs are basically our bread and butter. Maybe if someone at ZOS sees this we can cross our fingers and hope it gets fixed in the next patch.

I'm guessing you just really like the Monster Set, but there's quite a bit of Magic Type Monster Sets

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the uptime on this isnt too bad, its still better than some other sets (baron thirsk comes to mind, good lord that does poor dmg for its cooldown, same with lady malygda, at least these are few examples off the top of my head)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand and you make very valid points about the procs. But, to make my case, its not about that; its about damage numbers and balance between both magplars and stamplars pure and simple.

The set currently benefits stamplars more than magplars largely on the basis of champion points. The mage node that increases physical damage (whose name escapes me) naturally affects the thierric set. As such, stamplars do more damage because IIRC magplars would normally never slot this node since their spear damage is purely magic based.

All im asking for is to make it so that if you have higher spell damage the whirlwind does magic damage so its not a disadvantage to non stamina builds.

when you have high enough CP, you max out all of the passives, which includes both the martial and magic dmg nodes, so again i see no real reason to change it (at 2100 cp, i have all passives in all trees + almost 8 slottables for each color maxed out)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

when you have high enough CP, you max out all of the passives, which includes both the martial and magic dmg nodes, so again i see no real reason to change it (at 2100 cp, i have all passives in all trees + almost 8 slottables for each color maxed out)

my memory is a bit fuzzy but I could've sworn they were slottable nodes and the damage resistance ones were the passives under the mage tree but if you're right I apologize.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my memory is a bit fuzzy but I could've sworn they were slottable nodes and the damage resistance ones were the passives under the mage tree but if you're right I apologize.

the slottable ones for dmg are more generic (direct, dot, aoe, single target, +weapon/spell dmg)

the right blue subtree has the ones for specific dmg types, but all of those are passive (+weapon and spell dmg for magical or martial dmg, and increasing chance to apply related status effects)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the uptime on this isnt too bad, its still better than some other sets (baron thirsk comes to mind, good lord that does poor dmg for its cooldown, same with lady malygda, at least these are few examples off the top of my head)

No, he's 100% correct. The uptime on Prior will always be less than 50%. Most of the good DPS monster sets have between 60 - 70% uptime.

Compare that to Nerien'eth, which is probably the best Monster Set for Templar, that can proc every 3 seconds.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »

No, he's 100% correct. The uptime on Prior will always be less than 50%. Most of the good DPS monster sets have between 60 - 70% uptime.

Compare that to Nerien'eth, which is probably the best Monster Set for Templar, that can proc every 3 seconds.

50% or better uptime is good enough for me, its the same as grothdarr (base without using elf bane), although i agree anything closer to 100% uptime is better

i dont like nerienth much, it still has a proc chance instead of just activating when dealing dmg, so it definitely doesnt feel like it goes off every 3 seconds
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • QB1
    QB1
    ✭✭
    This set needs better damage, better uptime, or possibly both
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, last active June 2022, and we would want current feedback. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.