The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game requires Access Code every time it is closed and reopened.

Sharktoes
Sharktoes
✭✭✭
As title states, the game is requiring and Access Code every time it is completely closed and reopened. Additionally, while the access code came quickly last night, I have been waiting 8 minutes for the access code to be received this morning.

Are there any actions that can be taken that can resolve this issue? Is there a way to disable this "feature"?
I removed all addons from my addons folder, and I deleted my User Settings (after making a copy, of course), but neither have had any effect.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 31, 2022 5:01PM
  • Sharktoes
    Sharktoes
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I swapped the server to EU, where it also required an Access Code. However, when it requested the code for EU, it was sent immediately to my email. I was able to log in to the EU server. I attempted to log back in to the NA server, but it still stated it required an Access Code.

I exited out of the game again, and upon relaunch, I was able to get in to the NA server.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you don't have Administrator Rights to your complete system. I don't remember which file it is atm but when you log in successfully the I.P. address AND all your System Info is stored in a file for ESO. I don't know if it's updated when you log in or log out but it is stored.

So when you log back in it compares that information previously stored to the system you are logging in on now. For example: On my PC: If I log into ESO it's updated and I have no further "Access Code" issues until I change something on that PC like swapping out the hard driver or CPU or GPU or BIOS. I get the access code every time I update my BIOS.

You get the idea. So if this info file was not being updated because you don't have Admin rights it will ask you for the Access Code every time you try to log in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear back quickly that you were able to login with the access code and access the NA server again. With this issue now resolved, we will be closing out this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.