Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New computer - crash ... crash .. crash

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Old computer died, had to buy new one. This one has windows 11. security is windows defender. Loaded ESO. No addons / No minion app.
Launch ESO, ... After the movie ... it just Stops. No error message. Just says ESO has stopped working. Tried using different browser, same issue.
Tried turning off Firewall, same issue. 8 years of playing ESO and now I can't even get logged in.
Suggestions ?

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
RAM 6.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 2, 2022 4:42PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Old computer died, had to buy new one. This one has windows 11. security is windows defender. Loaded ESO. No addons / No minion app.
    Launch ESO, ... After the movie ... it just Stops. No error message. Just says ESO has stopped working. Tried using different browser, same issue.
    Tried turning off Firewall, same issue. 8 years of playing ESO and now I can't even get logged in.
    Suggestions ?

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
    RAM 6.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

wont let me edit, so I'll add this

lWqoYP6.png

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What GPU?
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More specs? GPU? I see danno8 asked as well. If you have TWO GPU's you need to ensure only the Gaming GPU is running ESO.

I had a laptop that had a dedicated GPU for Gaming and an Integrated GPU for normal browsing, videos , etc. For some reason the PC kept using the Integrated GPU for ESO and it would not run. Took me a while to figure it out and force the GPU to run for Gaming.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    More specs? GPU? I see danno8 asked as well. If you have TWO GPU's you need to ensure only the Gaming GPU is running ESO.

I had a laptop that had a dedicated GPU for Gaming and an Integrated GPU for normal browsing, videos , etc. For some reason the PC kept using the Integrated GPU for ESO and it would not run. Took me a while to figure it out and force the GPU to run for Gaming.

His 11700f has no on-board GPU, but yes GPU at least.
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem on a new computer as well, updated everything was unable to figure out why. Then For kicks I updated the chipset, bios and Intel stuff and solved my problem again it was new.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @barney2525

Have you done any of the troubleshooting below?

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

If you have, please go ahead and provide your system specifications.

This information can be found by creating a DxDiag report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @barney2525

Have you done any of the troubleshooting below?

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

If you have, please go ahead and provide your system specifications.

This information can be found by creating a DxDiag report.

I did all the trouble shooting. Went through everything with support. went through everything with NVidia support. went through everything with warranty support. Managed to get into the game for 6 minutes, then crash.

So I took the computer back and got a different one.

Everything works find now.

:#
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know the crashing is fixed after getting a new PC. With this issue resolved, we are going to close this discussion from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.