The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED] Grey vs black map icons - meaning of grey ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I noticed some of the map icons are grey, e.g. in Craglorn, the zone I'm currently working through, one of the 5 Anka-Ra sites has a grey icon, and the other 4 have black map icons. I *may* have started a battle at the grey icon site a while back, so does grey just mean I started but didn't finish the site? These forums, and the UESP site, don't have any info that I could find on the grey icons.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 24, 2022 5:58PM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik, grey = not discovered, black = discovered but not completed, white = completed
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Afaik, grey = not discovered, black = discovered but not completed, white = completed
    I've visited the site with grey icon more than once.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    I've visited the site with grey icon more than once.

In Cyrodiil grey ikons also means quest hub, those are the areas that a quest is sending you to , Maybe in craglorn it is the same, what does the hover text say when you go over it on the map?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wrong: the grey icon site *was* the one I hadn't yet visited, I just visited it to make sure, and the icon turned black. My mistake! :)

@Didgerion , thanks for the replies, by the way.
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 16, 2022 3:20AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has had their question answered, we will now close the thread with the issue resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.