The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Strange crafting stations bug

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I discovered a weird bug with all jewelry set crafting stations (those you get when you a set to an attunable crafting station): Since the Harrowstorm release (with sets like Critical Riposte), the jewelry crafting stations start with Necklase followed by the Ring whereas in all the jewelry stations before that release it was Ring first followed by Necklase in the crafting menu.

This may seem like a small bug, but when save up your master writs like I do and than craft them all at once, it can bring you into problems. I had a few times that I had crafted the wrong jewelry item which I only found out when turning them in with the Master Writs Merchant. I had crafted a ring from a set before the Harrowstorm release then going to a station from after that release also having to create a ring. On "auto pilot" I only changed the trait as the stations remember the selected item you previously crafted. That normally works but not in this situation.

(I found this in the console interface, I don't know if it is a also the case in the PC interface).

Not sure if it can be fixed, but at least be warned.
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that when they made stations list recipies alphabetically, it also forced JC to list the categories that way as well.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed something at the generic jewelry crafting station that I now cannot unsee. I’ll have to save some video and post it in another thread.

Watch your character’s weapon on his/her back. At first it stands out from the back at the top and then about 3 seconds later it snaps in closer. Bow, greatsword, staff, all of them do it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »
    I believe that when they made stations list recipies alphabetically, it also forced JC to list the categories that way as well.

If that were the case, why aren't the clothing station sorted alphabetical as well?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The clothing station, at least in the generic mode, is sorted alphabetically as chest, feet, hands, head, legs, shoulders, waist.