The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make dungeon Challenger Achievements great again

simple_specops
simple_specops
✭✭✭
With the new account wide achievement system, it would be a good idea to implement back some kind of reward for getting the Challenger achievement, the latest trend is to award titles on the trifectas only, while doing the Challenger achievement separately only awards you a pat on the shoulders, I think it would be a good way to support AwA by giving some importance to the dungeon Challenger, bringing back interest on farming dungeon on different alts and without stressing to get the trifecta for the title. I'm not saying to demote the trifecta to only achievement points, but have both award something.
  • ColoniaCroisant
    ColoniaCroisant
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to just have something new to farm in dungeons again. I'd love a new difficulty level like "nightmare" or something with cooler rewards like the undaunted monster mask style pages but make like full sets of armor. Perfected versions of dungeon sets could be really cool too, or even something as wild as arenas do set armors for class skills instead of weapon skill weapons. Skins are also fun to farm but idk mementos and titles kinda bore me.
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    . I'd love a new difficulty level like "nightmare" or something with cooler rewards.
    Agreed, dungeon needs something fresh ñ, especially old dlc ones
    quote="ColoniaCroisant;c-7532619". Perfected versions of dungeon sets could be really cool tooe.[/quote]
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to just have something new to farm in dungeons again. I'd love a new difficulty level like "nightmare" or something with cooler rewards like the undaunted monster mask style pages but make like full sets of armor. Perfected versions of dungeon sets could be really cool too, or even something as wild as arenas do set armors for class skills instead of weapon skill weapons. Skins are also fun to farm but idk mementos and titles kinda bore me.

Good suggestions overall, but PLEASE not perfected sets of dungeon sets. The gear farm for dungeons is in a good sweet spot ATM. That would be terrible.

The motifs and improved chance for Undaunted style pages for HM clears honestly add enough farming incentive to do certain ones. But this was about Challenger, not just farming HM.

I think a monthly or two-weekly bonus for doing Challenger for a certain dungeon or dungeon set would make sense, sort of like the weekly arena/trial leaderboards, but not leaderboards. This would encourage people to group up for the same content and have enough time to practice it. Like for the next two weeks, get a lot of keys or a cool reward if you accomplish Challenger for any of these 3 dungeons. This would really make grouping for them way easier, and get more people into it.

The lack of incentive for Challenger rewards for the most recent dungeons really drains my interest in doing them. Yes, it's cool to do it anyway just for the personal achievement, but it takes a lot of practice and finding the right group, so a reward at the end really helps.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread about ingame rewards some time ago. U can check it if u want.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597224/the-inevitable-discussion-of-ingame-rewards/p1
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon difficulty is fine to be honest and i think other than increasing the rewards there is no good way to make them great again. Just look at the first dungeons with challenger achievements, they were awarding skins and personalities but now you only get title. It would be nice if some of the new dungeons also adds personalities or skins. For example new dungeon Shipwright's Regret could have been awarded a personality about sailors or pirating.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trifecta achievements are way too difficult, they must adjust them
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of putting useful storytelling things like personalities and emotes behind high skill walls. Skin markings and mounts, sure, but not a personality.

There are a lot of things you can do with personalities and emotes in a casual storytelling/screenshotting/RP format, and blocking them off for anyone who's not a high-level PvEr is a bit annoying. It's the main reason that all of these carry run spammers in chat will keep talking about how they can get you the Beast personality, but nobody really talks about getting you the Sable Man-Beast skin: one is a lot more useful of a reward.

Yes, it'll push people to the content - that's the whole reason I annoyed my friends as I was starting out just to get it. But all I can see if the number of people who just want to tell stories but aren't able to put in the time/have the friends available/have disabilities preventing them from being able to get a challenger achievement.

I really think that the Wrathstone DLC has the best reward structure: cosmetic for vet complete, title for HM, and title for Challenger. It seemed like the fairest way to set up the system as to not make character cosmetics unreachable but still reward the time and effort for a challenger with a title that you could show off.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are actually older trifecta achievements that have no rewards for them (such as mountain god for scalecaller peak)

those ones should probably get updated to include at least a title for doing them

skins and personalities i think are good rewards for pure vet completion, markings/mounts or maybe other cosmetics like a weapon/armor style could be good rewards for harder challenges (we have so many options in game already for cosmetics but very few for skins and personalities)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Perfected versions of dungeon sets could be really cool tooe.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT
    [/quote]

Can I ask why not? I think introducing perfected dungeon sets at some point could give some life to old content. It would be something fresh. I like the trial perfect gear system, it is rewarding, but not overpowered, offering 1-2% DPS for farming vet instead of normal. Sure, some would rage about having to farm vCoA again for Perfect BSW, but with the bonus being so small it's truly not an obligation. It's just a little boost for thise willing to replay old content on higher difficulty. I would personally like a reason to spam vBDV or vFV over the boring normal versions (for Kinra and Tzog). I'm also in favor of rewards that encourage players to improve at the game, most overland and normal content is so easy that players don't even know their build has problems.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 9, 2022 1:32AM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY NOT

Can I ask why not? I think introducing perfected dungeon sets at some point could give some life to old content. It would be something fresh. I like the trial perfect gear system, it is rewarding, but not overpowered, offering 1-2% DPS for farming vet instead of normal. Sure, some would rage about having to farm vCoA again for Perfect BSW, but with the bonus being so small it's truly not an obligation. It's just a little boost for thise willing to replay old content on higher difficulty. I would personally like a reason to spam vBDV or vFV over the boring normal versions (for Kinra and Tzog). I'm also in favor of rewards that encourage players to improve at the game, most overland and normal content is so easy that players don't even know their build has problems.
    That little bit of DPS would make farming Perfected gear a waste of time. The people who could farm it wouldn't need such a tiny boost and the people who could use it would more than likely not be able to complete the content in the first place. And in fact, the people with lower DPS wouldn't get anything useful out of it either. Even at 2%, someone pulling 10k DPS would only get an extra 200 added. That's...negligible, and it's even moreso for someone pulling 60k+ who'd only get 600 added. Someone doing that much damage isn't going to notice an extra 600 per second.

Also, your example of increasing DPS only favors DPS players. What about tanks and healers? Every set in every dungeon would need a Perfected version to be fair, and uh...look how many sets we already have. That's another issue with the idea; it would add too many new sets. We already have set bloat, we don't need more, and considering how ZOS is implementing account-wide achievements, I can't see them adding a slew of new sets that would give practically no boost.

And if they DID add it, what about when you farm all THAT gear? Do they added Perfect Perfected or something? Dungeons don't need to constantly have new stuff added to them, and if they did, it should be stuff a majority of the playerbase can obtain and use, not just endgame players. And even most endgame players probably wouldn't be tempted to go back and farm gear that gives them such a tiny boost as to be inconsequential, except for those who aren't happy unless they squeeze out every possible gram of power.
    Edited by Arunei on March 9, 2022 2:20PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfected sets for the base game/non dlc dungeons would actually make for a reason to use the sets.

Also, having the HM scroll be at the beginning of the dungeon would then also make it worth while. :wink:
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY NOT

Can I ask why not? I think introducing perfected dungeon sets at some point could give some life to old content. It would be something fresh. I like the trial perfect gear system, it is rewarding, but not overpowered, offering 1-2% DPS for farming vet instead of normal. Sure, some would rage about having to farm vCoA again for Perfect BSW, but with the bonus being so small it's truly not an obligation. It's just a little boost for thise willing to replay old content on higher difficulty. I would personally like a reason to spam vBDV or vFV over the boring normal versions (for Kinra and Tzog). I'm also in favor of rewards that encourage players to improve at the game, most overland and normal content is so easy that players don't even know their build has problems.[/quote]

Because all the perfected thing is just a pain, fair enough if is New content, but having to farm the whole lot of sets its just not appealing at all, with this thread I just wanted to see if any players are like me sad to see the reward for the dungeon challenger achievement back to what it was, and imo it would make sense with the new AwA system, recently only the trifecta achievement has a little reward
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroDPS wrote: »
    Trifecta achievements are way too difficult, they must adjust them

No, they're fine. The game needs achievements at all difficulty levels from 'clear a delve' up to trifectas. I can't do trifecta achievements myself yet, though I came fairly close to Apex Predator, but I'm glad the achievement is there and as hard as it is, because it gives me something further to aim for.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see no point in adding something to the lesser achievements leading to the trifecta as they are inferior. Further, the reason to farm a specific dungeon is still there. It is either for gear or in some cases motif pages. The reason to continue doing dungeons, in general, is for the rewards already granted with the random daily and pledges.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After dragon bones and wolfhunter I never enjoyed new dungeons again. They were good in every way, challenging, fun and with great rewards. I can't be bothered to do a challenger achievement without any reward and trifectas are insanely hard.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    again, trifectas are way too hard
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    After dragon bones and wolfhunter I never enjoyed new dungeons again. They were good in every way, challenging, fun and with great rewards. I can't be bothered to do a challenger achievement without any reward and trifectas are insanely hard.

Same here, and i thought that awa would be the perfect occasion for average players to get something out of a challenging dungeon, looks like that at least for now my hopes will stay just that, hopes
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably easier if you have more than zero DPS though 😜
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

difficult part is not dps, and believe me I have much more dps than it is required for any content, main problem that nobody must die, and even if you do everything fine, someone may wipe, and ruin your trifecta
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

difficult part is not dps, and believe me I have much more dps than it is required for any content, main problem that nobody must die, and even if you do everything fine, someone may wipe, and ruin your trifecta

I think he was making a joke at your username.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭

I think he was making a joke at your username.

I know))