The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Werewolf possible?

Nukeyak
Nukeyak
✭✭
My character is a sorcerer caster and hence my stats are mostly in magicka. However, I'd really like to be a werewolf (nothwithstanding current balancing issues), but I hear werewolves employ stamina and are more suited for tanks, whereas vampires are more geared towards magicka users.

So is it just that simple, if your character focusses on magicka, go vampire or if stamina focused go werewolf? Will I be totally gimp as a caster werewolf or is there a way to get it to work? Thanks!

P.S. I really want to wake up in the morning, free and alive in the open air, naked with blood under my fingernails and covered with scratches. Not sleeping in a coffin skulking around!
Edited by Nukeyak on April 30, 2014 4:51PM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the werewolf passives Pursuit and Savage strength which basically increases your stamina by 45%, I doubt it really matters if you are magicka focused.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Honestly vampire it doesn't matter much whether stamina or magic if you let yourself get hungry all your vampire spells cost practically nothing anyway it's only the fact that they "are" magic based spells people say go magic(in beta they cost health for awhile and were changed to magic.)

For werewolf however is different the only deciding factor for werewolf damage is "Max" stamina and the only way I have found to do respectable damage is too put all your points at least 90% into stamina and make your gear enchants 90-100% stamina.
    Edited by oldkye on April 30, 2014 10:17PM
  • Nukeyak
    Nukeyak
    ✭✭
    Haha well, two different answers. Who's right--do I need to stack stamina to be an effective werewolf or not? Thanks!
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    Werewolf damage is based off max stamina just fyi. But how much of a difference I dunno, might not even be noticeable?
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Go Vamp. Much more useful skill tree.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nukeyak wrote: »
    Haha well, two different answers. Who's right--do I need to stack stamina to be an effective werewolf or not? Thanks!
    Even if you put all your attribute points into stamina it won't matter because of the werewolf passives that increase your stamina to the soft cap. I put 25 points into stamina and it is actually a waste because it only gave me 200+ stamina which basically can be made up with food buffs and armor enchants. As long as you don't completely neglect stamina you should be fine as a werewolf just because of the passives that increase your stamina. Also, before I had alot less stamina and I was still reaching the soft cap with all the werewolf passives.

• oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Even if you put all your attribute points into stamina it won't matter because of the werewolf passives that increase your stamina to the soft cap. I put 25 points into stamina and it is actually a waste because it only gave me 200+ stamina which basically can be made up with food buffs and armor enchants. As long as you don't completely neglect stamina you should be fine as a werewolf just because of the passives that increase your stamina. Also, before I had alot less stamina and I was still reaching the soft cap with all the werewolf passives.

I disagree a little well food works fine the points in stamina make up for a food buff so I can use one else where your just trading armor enchants for attribute points well that works for capping it to be a magic character you might want attribute points "and" armor enchants magic you will always need a investment to soft cap stamina and you will need around soft cap to do solid damage as a wolf.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    oldkye wrote: »

I disagree a little well food works fine the points in stamina make up for a food buff so I can use one else where your just trading armor enchants for attribute points well that works for capping it to be a magic character you might want attribute points "and" armor enchants magic you will always need a investment to soft cap stamina and you will need around soft cap to do solid damage as a wolf.
    I am fully specced into stamina and it is a waste because the werewolf passives get me over the soft cap whether I put all my attribute points into stamina or not. So overall you are reducing your HP and Magicka for stamina even though the werewolf passives greatly increase the stamina to hit the soft cap. It is more beneficial to put most of the attribute points into HP because you get more for each point used. Even if you put over 25 attribute points into stamina or magicka you are still gonna recieve less than 300. Food buffs and enchants should only be used to increase magicka and stamina. Attribute points should be used to increase HP.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭

I am fully specced into stamina and it is a waste because the werewolf passives get me over the soft cap whether I put all my attribute points into stamina or not. So overall you are reducing your HP and Magicka for stamina even though the werewolf passives greatly increase the stamina to hit the soft cap. It is more beneficial to put most of the attribute points into HP because you get more for each point used. Even if you put over 25 attribute points into stamina or magicka you are still gonna recieve less than 300. Food buffs and enchants should only be used to increase magicka and stamina. Attribute points should be used to increase HP.

I have some points in HP and once I hit soft cap I put left over enchant slots HP however well you say "no problem" to OP about a magic based werewolf I'm sure from your post and mine you can see the problem.

If all your points are in stamina for damage and HP so you don't die when your a wolf cause they are big targets your not much of a magic character right now are you? lol

That's not to say you can't use abilities that "use" magic but it's impossible to be a 100% magic Sorc and a 100% werewolf something will suffer.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

I have some points in HP and once I hit soft cap I put left over enchant slots HP however well you say "no problem" to OP about a magic based werewolf I'm sure from your post and mine you can see the problem.

If all your points are in stamina for damage and HP so you don't die when your a wolf cause they are big targets your not much of a magic character right now are you? lol

That's not to say you can't use abilities that "use" magic but it's impossible to be a 100% magic Sorc and a 100% werewolf something will suffer.
    Well werewolf damage is taken from max stamina and the werewolf passives increase stamina while in werewolf form by a huge amount, to the point were you reach the soft cap. All I am saying is being a mage werewolf is possible because of the werewolf passives. The only thing a mage werewolf will suffer is not having the full damage at the beginning of the fight because he will need to kill 5 times in order to receive another 25% increase to stamina.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭

Well werewolf damage is taken from max stamina and the werewolf passives increase stamina while in werewolf form by a huge amount, to the point were you reach the soft cap. All I am saying is being a mage werewolf is possible because of the werewolf passives. The only thing a mage werewolf will suffer is not having the full damage at the beginning of the fight because he will need to kill 5 times in order to receive another 25% increase to stamina.

But like you pointed out you need "HP" too or you die lol you and me both know we are big fluffy targets that can't break CC with no heals lol making HP are only way to survive trying to max magic and stamina is also detrimental cause the magic is worthless in wolf form and now you die all the time.

Honestly no matter how you spin the bottle to much focus on magic weakens the wolf.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Actually there is a 3rd problem to a magic werewolf your armor and base stats as a werewolf are just increased from your armor and base stats as a human.

Any good magic based character knows you need at least some light armor for magic regen and spell crit but as a wolf both magic regen and spell crit are worthless as well, where physical crit from medium armor and straight higher defense from heavy armor is better.

So having to be a heavy/medium armor mage with almost no points in magic isn't much of a mage lol could be a effective class at the end of the day but you can hardly call them "magic based."
    Edited by oldkye on May 1, 2014 12:01AM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

But like you pointed out you need "HP" too or you die lol you and me both know we are big fluffy targets that can't break CC with no heals lol making HP are only way to survive trying to max magic and stamina is also detrimental cause the magic is worthless in wolf form and now you die all the time.

Honestly no matter how you spin the bottle to much focus on magic weakens the wolf.

A werewolf mage is possible but the current state of the werewolf will make anyone weaker. Werewolf is so weak your chances of survival in PvP won't even increase if you invest heavily into any attribute. I guess we will just have to try to get a response from ZoS at the Q&A thread at reddit tomorrow.
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭

A werewolf mage is possible but the current state of the werewolf will make anyone weaker. Werewolf is so weak your chances of survival in PvP won't even increase if you invest heavily into any attribute. I guess we will just have to try to get a response from ZoS at the Q&A thread at reddit tomorrow.

Yeah I hope they buff us too lol but that still doesn't slove the armor problem I posted above you that you missed lol.
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    I was a vampire have to admit the class suck I do much better not being a vampire that's my opinion. Wearwolf can go either way there are stam and magic class use it give it a try you may like it u never know unless you try it yourself
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »
    I was a vampire have to admit the class suck I do much better not being a vampire that's my opinion. Wearwolf can go either way there are stam and magic class use it give it a try you may like it u never know unless you try it yourself

This thread is 7 years ago
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is 7 years ago
    some forums add a special caption in such case. Admins of this forum could do it as well.

Something like this:
    sTOH5FX.jpeg
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.