Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Isle and Update 34 Roadmap

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone,

Want a glimpse of what’s ahead for ESO in the coming months? Then check out our Roadmap through Q2 and High Isle below!

76dmaduksavu.jpg
3ziercfyb1b3.jpg

For an evolving year long roadmap, follow the link here.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 15, 2022 7:44PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That's - a lot of stuff people have asked for for years! Thanks very much for the info, @ZOS_Kevin!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one, is the title screen where we select our char after log in ? can we choose the background as well, or just music ?
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty impressive. ZOS has been responsive latly with sensible requests.. New expansion lookin good so far.
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    Mundus in the armoury! Yes! What about hide shoulders (and other slots)? :#
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one, is the title screen where we select our char after log in ? can we choose the background as well, or just music ?

Pretty sure it's the login screen.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be nice to have the Elsweyr music again :)

The quickslot wheel. It would be nice to have more slots and also to be able to slot emotes.

Houses? This one still hopes for a little sandy island to make her own.

This one hopes for a mythic to help crafting or something not combat related perhaps.

Furnishings? Maybe an elegant Breton yarn basket or two?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Pretty sure it's the login screen.

Yea sounds like it is, just made me think because on steam it logs in for you so you'll never experience this feature
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nice (especially the title screen music), but what about character screen (background, music, animation (emote) for each character)?
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mundus stone in armory is a really good idea.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe FPS fix pls?
    PC/EU
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your big base game updates are adding Mundus Stones to the armory- something that should have been part of it from day 1. And.... something to do with the quick slots wheel? That's it?

All the High Isle specific stuff listed was revealed back in January. You have nothing new to announce.

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will be nice to have the Elsweyr music again :)

The quickslot wheel. It would be nice to have more slots and also to be able to slot emotes.

Houses? This one still hopes for a little sandy island to make her own.

This one hopes for a mythic to help crafting or something not combat related perhaps.

Furnishings? Maybe an elegant Breton yarn basket or two?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Does PC not already have a quickslot wheel for emotes? On console, we have a quickslot wheel for momentos/actions/potions/etc and a separate quickslot wheel just specifically for emotes.

If PC doesn't have the same set-up, I agree it should be added for you! But... it may bear exploring options to see if perhaps you have missed seeing the emote quickslot wheel? I know you've been in Tamriel a long time, but mayhaps you missed seeing it (I seem to find new things all the time, even after 8 years walking those warm sands myself).

EDIT to add: And yes, Elsweyr title screen is best screen! :smile:
    Edited by DragonRacer on April 13, 2022 6:02PM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Just to address requests for changing the background of the character select screen and such. We don't have anything to report on that front for Update 34. However, we'll pass along the feedback here regarding that.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU for the Mundus addition to the armory system!! This will definitely earn you a lot more Armory sales and make a LOT of people happy!! :)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    FluffWit wrote: »
    All the High Isle specific stuff listed was revealed back in January. You have nothing new to announce.

Yes, we did reveal all of this in January. This is a roadmap to give everyone a timeline of when features are being added. This is one of the efforts being made to strengthen communication for upcoming features.
    Staff Post
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want that default Aldmeri Dominion themed character select screen.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Choosing your own background and music for different characters on the log in screen would be awesome.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff. The inclusion of mundus stones in the armory system is wonderful news. Nice to know the number of new mythic. Intrigued by the changes to the quick slot wheel. The increased efforts around communication are noticed and appreciated.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Yes, we did reveal all of this in January. This is a roadmap to give everyone a timeline of when features are being added. This is one of the efforts being made to strengthen communication for upcoming features.

This isn't a road map.

A road map would cover multiple upcoming updates, like what you were planning on doing with 34, 35 and 36.

This is just a list of what's in the summer dlc/ summer base game update.

A road map of your plans for the rest of the year would be great.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    This isn't a road map.

A road map would cover multiple upcoming updates, like what you were planning on doing with 34, 35 and 36.

Well what we posted is for update 34, as noted in the title. And we also linked to our roadmap website in the original post. We'll do it again here. We are updating the roadmap prior to each update to ensure the information is accurate. So we will add update 35 and 36 as those are closer.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 13, 2022 9:36PM
    Staff Post
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the new additions to the base game, though some things I think would make this update perfect are: A new tab in the collections, for us to use all the new eyes with another face marking and the option to put helmet on the companions (seeing the same people literally everywhere is getting old, and the addition of new companions won't change that, just the option of adding a helmet to them will solve this problem). Those two little things don't seem that complicated do add and would make the game have a lot more variety!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really appreciate the update @ZOS_Kevin ! I’m looking forward to seeing all this on the PTS. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to see “communication on feedback received from the community, especially on topics that have 90+ pages of replies” in the roadmap.
    Edited by RevJJ on April 14, 2022 1:33AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    It would have been nice to see “communication on feedback received from the community, especially on topics that have 90+ pages of replies” in the roadmap.

True. I'm still holding out hope that they will at least touch on it during the ESO Live tomorrow.
    But not holding my breath, but hopeful.
    :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update!

Stay safe :)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good!

For the quickslot wheel, I'd like to have a second quickslot wheel only for event items. These could then be automatically placed on that wheel, when we complete the event quest for receiving the event item.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually very pleasantly surprised, I didn't think I would ever read such information. Great job! Also, you're really doing a great job communicating with us @ZOS_Kevin, we really missed that.

Do you happen to know if there are plans to add armory stations in the starting locations of IC and Cyrodiil? That would be a really great improvement for everyone who enjoys PvP.

Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious behind which insanities they hide the leads for the new mythics this time...
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Any news on a possible "hide shoulders" (or even more pieces) in the Outfit Station? :(

Regardless, I'm really excited for these upcoming changes! Awesome update.
    Edited by Sidereum on April 14, 2022 7:14AM
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    yyjf1ewtgqs1.png

I was genuinely excited until I read the line after.

If there's such an option, it would be really cool if we could set our own titles without using an addon to make that a thing.
    Edited by UtopianWarrior88 on April 14, 2022 2:02PM