Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – July 29

Constant Black Screen Crashing

Faltasë
Faltasë
✭✭✭
PC-NA

I already sent a ticket in, so in the meantime, is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?

RTX 3070TI
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
32GB of Trident Z Neo RAM
Windows 10 Home

I have the latest Nvidia Driver, The latest AMD drivers, the latest motherboard drivers and i am up to date on Windows 10. I have tried EVERY tweak and setting thing, only to have none of them work. I woke up today to find out that I am having MORE frequent crashing, and now the game is unplayable. Before anyone says anything; yes, i have done EVERY troubleshooting guide up to the point of reinstalling the game from Steam completely CLEAN. No addons. It still crashes. HDR mode is also on constantly and I honestly don't think that is an issue, since from what I've read ESO supports HDR. Not to mention, I didn't get these before the most recent patch.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2022 11:38PM

XBOX 2015-2019
PC-NA 2019-2022
ESO was lost to the depths

Auri-El is the one true God.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Faltasë

What is your current ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Faltasë
    Faltasë
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Faltasë

What is your current ticket number?

There is no need. I have fixed the issue and it was not on The Elder Scrolls end. Just happened to be influenced by it.

For anyone wondering, my black screen crashes in ESO were caused by the newest NVIDIA GPU Game Ready Driver version 512.15

I rolled back after nothing else worked. Rolling back seems to have fixed the issue. Lets hope.

SFC repair did nothing, New windows user was able to play without crashing but I didnt play long enough to count that, reinstalling windows 10(without deleting files) also did not work.

What did work was reverting to the previous NVIDIA driver. Hopefully that helps someone else out.

XBOX 2015-2019
    PC-NA 2019-2022
    ESO was lost to the depths

Auri-El is the one true God.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update on your black screen crash and that the issue is resolved. We will now close the discussion from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.