Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reverse the loot lockout

Enundr
Enundr
✭✭✭
until i see this loot lockout removed , i shall be unsubbing until further notice , and i suggest the rest of you that are against this to do so as well till they realize it does NOTHING for botters gold seller and any other players that break the ToS...it only hurts legit players who have done what every other player has done in every other mmo for along time. I got tired of dealing with this in GW2 , it is not an effective way to stop the botters , its only super effective in pissing off your player base that does NOT bot or anything else like that.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    Just alter it to be per boss.
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    should be removed alltogether , nerfing loot has NEVER done any mmo good , i can tell you that much for sure. but because i know how some people might think "handing out loot" isnt exactly much better , but then this isnt like farming a veteran rank dungeon solo and getting constant purples and such (exaggeration if you cant tell) , that is handing out loot....this was basic farming/camping 101 thats existed in many mmos......you can use wow since im sure alot of people have atleast played it for a bit , do you understand how long some hunters CAMP Rare pets alone? pets that dont affect combat , dont make them godmode , dont bring them great fortune , just pride and such? some people have camped for a week straight (excluding sleep and other bodily needs) , camping something isnt new, farming stuff isnt new , the "new" thing is making bone headed attempts to nerf loot , which is on the same lvl as Microsofts Xbone announcement at E3.......you can shoot yourself in the foot so many times.....
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I see camping and farming as different from each other, and this had nothing to do with that type if camping. There's nothing wrong with farming either but there has to be some reasonable limit, like travelling to the next public dungeon and fighting through to the next boss, or doing an instance again to fight its boss.

The real problem though in my opinion is that you go through a public dungeon and it is almost guaranteed to be an absolute anti-climax thanks to the design flaw that let this happen in the first place. That just totally defeats the point of having a boss there at all, it may as well be a respawning treasure chest.

Unfortunately it seems like the fix has over reached, I'm scratching my head wondering why it had to be a shared lockout for all the bosses.
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    every game has that special loot dropper , like the rare spawns in wow for example , guild wars 2 loot was complete RNG left and right so all mobs could drop loot for awhile , loot got nerfed about as badly as this and well , you can see the state that game is in .....only has the players it still has because of no sub....this game will not do well following the same path.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Ya and instead of bot not wanting to level up now we will have VR10 bot in every VR10 zone to *** up your day. Great.

Well at least they will leave as population drops, they will sell less gold and Zeni will call it a WIN! well maybe not! :wink:

EDIT: Loot timer is 10 mins, still worth farming em if you find a nice dungeon just gotta queue some mobs in between kills.
    Edited by Lkory on April 30, 2014 11:06PM
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    lol Lkory , bots will always find something to farm , eventually making loot impossible to even get with the logic were seeing right now .......<smh> Zenni! quit trying to nerf loot! it only hurts the legit players and not the bots who , you know , break the tos unlike the rest of us ......pretty sure camping / farming doesnt break the ToS ? why freaking hurt the people that ARENT breaking the ToS and pretty much make the bots laugh as they farm other stuff anything while still breaking the ToS.....hope zenni enjoys the bed theyve made , seems like its not going to be a good one as people leave.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just alter it to be per boss.
    This. A global lockout is totally bone-headed and only hurts legitimate players, not bots.
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Unsubbed as of NOW.
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    same Vol , if they want my sub (and yours im guessing as well) then reverse this BS , it only hurts the regular players that farm (like in EVERY mmo) bosses and anything else thats farmable and nothing for bots. bots will move onto something else they can auto grind (like killing regular stuff in the zone , trust me they do that , saw it in aion and laughed cause it was something they could farm and it screwed over quests)
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    it only hurts legit players who have done what every other player has done in every other mmo for along time

Lrn2Craft instead of relying on drops for gear, maybe?

I get blue drops ALL the time, EVERYWHERE. I'll see a purple maybe 3 times in a week (99% of those are junk anyways compared to a hell of a lot of the blues that drop), and the yellows (top tier) is all crafted ONLY..... AND.... before people start screaming about the Yellow/Gold UG mats not dropping, that's what your hirelings are there for and, of course, if your lucky you might possibly pull an "epic" mat out of 20-300 chests you open.

#LRN2CRAFT
    Edited by Gwarok on April 30, 2014 11:43PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Gwarok wrote: »
    it only hurts legit players who have done what every other player has done in every other mmo for along time

Lrn2Craft instead of relying on drops for gear, maybe?

I get blue drops ALL the time, EVERYWHERE. I'll see a purple maybe 3 times in a week (99% of those arejunk anyways compared to a hell of a lot of the blues that drop), and the yellows (top tier) is all crafted ONLY.

#LRN2CRAFT

Ok Bro, actually I am wearing all crafted gear, the loot gleaned from the boss is used to deconstruct and research. The mats gleaned from deconstructing are used to lvl my crafting. it's both fun AND profitable. The shards are kept, sold and used to recharge. Jewelry is sold to players or vendored

#thanksforplaying, #hashtagsarestoopid

• Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    Gwarok , its not about crafting .....unless all your here to do is spout rand om lrn2(random subject) , i craft yes and i can make gear , but guess what? you need drops for the traits , if were just going to see loot nerfed then whats the point? sometimes i like the loot the boss of a delv drops (not a high enough drop rate for such a nerf to loot btw) , farming stuff has been a fundamental thing in mmos since the very begining. LRN2MMO ;-P
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Enundr wrote: »
    Gwarok , its not about crafting .....unless all your here to do is spout rand om lrn2(random subject) , i craft yes and i can make gear , but guess what? you need drops for the traits , if were just going to see loot nerfed then whats the point? sometimes i like the loot the boss of a delv drops (not a high enough drop rate for such a nerf to loot btw) , farming stuff has been a fundamental thing in mmos since the very begining. LRN2MMO ;-P
    #Gwarokgotowned
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unsubing over this? that takes the cake. These forums have started a funny joke with my guild every time something happens we are "unsubbing"

"Oh man this quest is tough - unsubing"

"Damn I just barely missed the time on a master chest and need to try again - unsubing"

"I think my character got a hang nail - unsubing"

"I only got 600 gold for this quest - unsubing"

I have seen less bots than ever I mean I can't even imagine why you guys are so pissed off. Just so you can't sit around in a dungeon and farm all day? I mean what?
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    Laura you havent seen bots cause they moved onto the next thing in all likelyness , ever see the ones that can teleport from node to node? ive been seeing alot of them lately before and after patch......so no bots just moved onto next thing if your not seeing them in delves.....in otherwords be ready to see LESS harvest nodes and chests. how will zeni respond to that then? nerf nodes? nerf chests to give little to nothing? or to not even be able to harvest any node after you harvest one little thing? this loot nerf was unneccesary all the way and wont stop bots , either theyll keep destroying the game to try to get rid of the bots (lol sorta reminds me of some old cartoons when they end up blowing themselves up if you know what i mean =P ) . and laugh now but so long as we see stuff like nerf looting the game will get worse , not better no matter how much they add , stuff will just get taken away all for the sake of hunting bots......should go see how other mmos dealt with bots , aion had bots farming random quest mobs for loot , then one day they were gone .....not sure what kind of system they put in but they outright eliminated bots all together. didnt have to nerf loot at all to do that. GW2 nerfed loot and look where its at now....only keeps the players that dont /cant afford to play a sub based game.
  • kcolasaccob14_ESO
    kcolasaccob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the timer that they put in? Anything over 10 minutes is idiotic and yes, I would unsub over it as well because I like farming dungeons too. Have been doing it since EQ. Others that don't like it, that's fine but I'm sure if they removed the way you like to play as an option, you'd move on too.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the timer that they put in? Anything over 10 minutes is idiotic and yes, I would unsub over it as well because I like farming dungeons too. Have been doing it since EQ. Others that don't like it, that's fine but I'm sure if they removed the way you like to play as an option, you'd move on too.

10 mins it is ...maybe ever lower think i got loot after 8 mins on the last dungeon boss I killed.

Enough to *** me off as it only affect players..bots probably don't even care.

• ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »

10 mins it is ...maybe ever lower think i got loot after 8 mins on the last dungeon boss I killed.

Definitely doesn't even affect bots at all if it's that short.

Also is somewhat less annoying than I imagined it would be, but it's still not really fixing anything, and will just mean there are more bots and less players everywhere. Bleh.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »

Definitely doesn't even affect bots at all if it's that short.

Also is somewhat less annoying than I imagined it would be, but it's still not really fixing anything, and will just mean there are more bots and less players everywhere. Bleh.

Ya like MMO players are not used to farm bosses that respawn every 10-15 mins....OH THE TORTURE! :)
  • a.allredb14_ESO
    Laura wrote: »
    I have seen less bots than ever I mean I can't even imagine why you guys are so pissed off. Just so you can't sit around in a dungeon and farm all day? I mean what?

You have seen less bots because the Gamemasters have been dealing with them, which is what the solution should have been in the first place. Then build tools to detect and boot. This loot change does nothing but annoy and punish players who enjoyed this aspect of the game, nothing more.
  • Punche
    Punche
    I'm fine with all these farmers unsubbing, just means I get to sell things at a higher price. Especially since regular enemy NPC's drop loot just as regularly, and of the same (sometimes better) quality.
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    which also means less people to do stuff with Punche ;-P
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No sure how I feel but I would feel a whole lot better if the first time I kill a boss I was guaranteed I would get something other than 2 gold. Jus' saying. As it is now its f'ing broken I killed a boss in one of the dungeon (bewan) today for the first time and I got zip. If you are not allowed to repeat easily give us SOMETHING. BTW I was within 3 levels of the dungeon.

You ALWAYS should get something the first time you kill a boss.
  • Punche
    Punche
    Enundr wrote: »
    which also means less people to do stuff with Punche ;-P

True, but I seriously doubt the number of people that solely play the game for farming is high enough to even notice.
  • ThePedroKid
    ThePedroKid
    Soul Shriven
    I hate farming. More than anything.

But... The way they did this was stupid.

When a player who just bounces around public dungeons is restricted from getting boss loot for _playing as intended_ that's a problem.

But, that is how it is now.

I've ridden in this rodeo before... it doesn't work. Better to have bots than lose player choice.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭

making demands is sure to work

happy trails, cowboy
    A large yellow rectangle

• Kl3mzyy
    Kl3mzyy
    ✭✭
    So basically you are unsubing, because you are not able to use broken system anymore to get tons of gold and mats? You also didn't told them this system is only for mini dungens and public dungens, but for normal dungens still works.
    Do normal dungens for gear.

This forum is really a joke, always some stupid post on best of.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kl3mzyy wrote: »
    So basically you are unsubing, because you are not able to use broken system anymore to get tons of gold and mats? You also didn't told them this system is only for mini dungens and public dungens, but for normal dungens still works.
    Do normal dungens for gear.

This forum is really a joke, always some stupid post on best of.

Learn to read - no one is mad about not being able to farm the boss.
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of melodrama over nothing, especially since half the people whining in this thread didn't even know how long the timer is before they started bleating on.

1) This HAS stopped bots in dungeons, pretty wiped them out overnight, because its no longer worth their time to farm these bosses. Other measures being taken in other areas have seen a huge reduction in the number of bots compared the first couple of weeks and more will be done. Saying 'this won't stop bots' is quite clearly incorrect.

2) Player camping of bosses was NOT a victimless issue. Since release I've had the exact same issue with player campers as I have with bots - that they don't care one iota about anyone else. I've asked them to step away so i can fight the boss and, 95% of the time, the response has been that several of them will try to sell me the drops off that boss.....talk about selfish.

3) The timer is short enough to have no impact whatsoever on going from one dungeon to the next if that's what you want to do...unless you are literally going flat out to try to beat it and prove how unfair the world is now.

4) Threatening to unsub will have zero impact on the devs (just talk to a few at conventions). They have a pretty solid grasp on the whole of which subs they want to keep and which are more trouble than they are worth - and people that threaten to quit instead of putting forward rational arguemnts and that are willing to engage in a discussion simply aren't worth the few dollars per month they'd lose.
  • midnight_tea
    midnight_tea
    ✭✭✭
    Really guys...? If you want to get stuff fast... just kill stuff - not just bosses. I gather a lot of loot that way, including greens, blues and purples (btw. want to get tempers not just by deconstructing gear? Collect mats and refine them. I get tempers from refining raw materials all the time, from greens to legendaries).

And I collect and decon a lot of stuff, since I level both my blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking (all of them around lvl 45 now).

If you skip random mobs and enemies and just run to bosses then obviously you're not going to get much - killing bosses a few times for easy loot, some soul gems and more of a chance of getting a blue can be fun, but really - I get 80-90% of my stuff just by killing random enemies.

Also - if you're REALLY desperate and want to get some stuff quick - just group up and go to a public dungeon. I always get out of there with full inventory.
    Edited by midnight_tea on May 1, 2014 7:07AM