The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Backup hand weapon style and type is duplicating to the primary hand slot

Cyber10
Cyber10
✭✭✭✭
The backup hand weapon is duplicating to the primary hand, so it looks like you have the exact same weapon equipped for the primary and backup weapons. I am running a two hand axe as a backup and a greatsword as a primary, but the axe will duplicate to the front hand, which shows an axe for both equipped weapons. This seems to occur after traveling at random times and I have noticed it more often when grouped, but it still does occur when playing solo. It will eventually fix itself after traveling or going through a door, but it is still an annoying bug.

Thank you

Xbox Series X
NA Mega-server
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is extremely annoying that Zeni has not addresses this annoying bug after I take the time to submit a detailed ticket and post on social media regarding the bug. It occurs multiple times a session and is taking away from the enjoyment of the game.

While in a battle I know what bar I am on based on the weapon in my hands, but due to this annoying bug my skill rotation gets out of sych or completely messed up. the only thin that fixes the issue is to unequipped and re-equip the main weapon. Because this randomly occurs after going through a door I am always checking to be sure that the correct bar is up with the correct weapon when I should be able to just play and not worry about it changing.

It is occurring during solo and group play and as I mentioned several times a session after traveling or going through a door.

Can someone from Zeni please respond and address and help fix this issue?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is related to the weapon surfing bug mentioned previously based on my experience, where if you traveled with your back bar equipped through a loading screen then your equipped weapon would be invisible and the other weapon would be at your feet.

In this case, if you have two staves slotted and travel through a loading screen with the back bar equipped, the front bar will have the same style as your back bar.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is related to the weapon surfing bug mentioned previously based on my experience, where if you traveled with your back bar equipped through a loading screen then your equipped weapon would be invisible and the other weapon would be at your feet.

In this case, if you have two staves slotted and travel through a loading screen with the back bar equipped, the front bar will have the same style as your back bar.

It may be related. Thanks for the information. All I know is that it is very annoying. My front bar is a Greatsword and my back bar is an Axe, but the Axe will randomally copy to the front bar, so it looks like two of the exact same weapons are equipped. In a fast moving Dungeon or any activity my skill rotation gets out of sync and I need to hide from the battle, to open the UI to un-equip and re-equip the front bar weapon. Very annoying and frustrating. Hopefully they acknowledge and fix the issue. I will post up a video when I get a chance.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's related to the 'surfing' bug -- that's also somehow tied to your equipped outfit style getting mixed up and not loading the visuals correctly.

The surfing thing can be cleared up by changing the visibility of your headpiece without actually unequipping gear. I think it forces your whole outfit to be reset and that's enough. There's a 'hide helm' option at your Appearance and costume menu.

Way back there was also a problem related to the setting 'hide helm on polymorph'. You could change the enabled/disabled state of that and it would 'solve' the problem for a long time. I don't remember the exact name, but it's still a setting option somewhere at least for PC.
    Edited by Fennwitty on March 25, 2022 5:38PM
    PC NA
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This bug is now becoming a regular occurrence and has now started to make the main hand weapon invisible.. Happens so frequently that my enjoyment has dropped while playing. I am taking a break for a bit until things get sorted out and basic bugs like this are fixed.