The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wait, how come some people have their beta forum accounts but I had to create a new one?

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
When I tried to relogin into the forums after I bought the game, it didn't let me, saying my account doesn't exist and I had to create a new one with the invitation sent to me from support, since at the time everyone had to receive an invite to be able to create an account (not sure if it's still the same).

I'm 100% I tried password reset and it didn't work, so I'd like to know why didn't it work? I had the same email address, so logically if I already had an account it wouldn't have let me create a new one with the same one, so it's obvious something must've happened. At the time I had assumed all beta forums accounts were deactivated, but now I noticed one of the other forum members here has a beta account from 2013!

My account was never banned btw (and if it were I wouldn't have been able to use the same email address to create a new one), I could use it and only when I rebought the game I couldn't log back in.

@ZOS_Kevin Do you if there's a way to check what happened? I'd like to see my old forum posts or use my old account/merge it, if it's possible.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think those are beta forum accounts, it's just that the game was able to link beta stuff to live stuff. You'll notice if you go to your account page on the site, it'll show there as well when you started playing, whether it was during beta or after launch.

The main reason I doubt anyone's beta forum account is the same as our live ones is simply because we no longer have access to posts made on the beta boards. Kind of like how we can't access our beta accounts or characters in-game because the beta and live accounts are different ones.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so long ago now! I participated in beta, but didn't buy the game until 01/2015, and that is the date on my forum profile, so not sure if others have beta firm accounts or not. I thought, though, that my character from beta was there in 01/2015 when I logged in? I know the account was the same. But, that was a long time ago and I could be mistaken...

Are you sure the person from 2013 was not a ZOS employee? 2013 seems early...

Edited by Lumsdenml on March 31, 2022 6:58PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Wow, so long ago now! I participated in beta, but didn't buy the game until 01/2015, and that is the date on my forum profile, so not sure if others have beta firm accounts or not. I thought, though, that my character from beta was there in 01/2015 when I logged in? I know the account was the same. But, that was a long time ago and I could be mistaken...

april 2014 was official release, but the "closed beta" periods started as early as the late 2013 from what ive seen (sometime between oct and dec 2013)

ive been playing actively since 2014, but i didnt actually make a forum account until last year lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Welp, this is news to me…guess I’d better reach out to ZOS’ HR department :wink:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suddwrath wrote: »

Welp, this is news to me…guess I’d better reach out to ZOS’ HR department :wink:

Ha ha ... like I said, a long time ago. I was thinking beta was Jan of 2014, but guess not! :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, does someone owe me a few years of back pay? I'm from 2013 as well.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope. I'm 2013 and not a ZoS employee. But boy if I was I'd let some folks have it!! Lol! jk
    The "joined" in your forum profile is when you joined forums, not game play start date. I have seen many who were here at launch, but their profile says several years later.
    My beta forums account just auto became my regular forum acct so not sure why it didn't for others.
    Also, most who were in betas or closed betas will have the extra numbers and letters w/ _ESO at the end of their names.
    They show which Beta you were in (what month), but not all beta players have it by their name. So don't know about that either why some do and some don't.
    Huzzah!

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name checks out. It's funny when people think the extra letters as part of my name, but its just the beta build of when I was invited, sadly it's the server stress test build code where all we had access to was Auridon and the roost, nobody could get above level 12 or so.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

They're not. :) The person whom I saw having a 2013 account is @Kesstryl . Kesstryl how did you do it? How come your account says it was created in 2013? :)

• Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I'm 2013 and not a ZoS employee. But boy if I was I'd let some folks have it!! Lol! jk
    The "joined" in your forum profile is when you joined forums, not game play start date. I have seen many who were here at launch, but their profile says several years later.
    My beta forums account just auto became my regular forum acct so not sure why it didn't for others.
    Also, most who were in betas or closed betas will have the extra numbers and letters w/ _ESO at the end of their names.
    They show which Beta you were in (what month), but not all beta players have it by their name. So don't know about that either why some do and some don't.
    Huzzah!

I was actually in the closed beta test as well, so I was hoping I could reacess my old account. It's interesting that some have it, and some don't.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »

They're not. :) The person whom I saw having a 2013 account is @Kesstryl . Kesstryl how did you do it? How come your account says it was created in 2013? :)

Maybe there was beta forums!
    I was in the beta.. but my 'Joined' date on this forum is when I signed up to the forum.
    anniversary-8.svg
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    As I recall, you were allowed to change your forum name once they established the forums for that beta build.

This account was definitely an _ESO starter; first post - Nov. 2013.
  • sithus1966_ESO
    Didn't have any issues with mine and after Beta I didn't play until 2017.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭

april 2014 was official release, but the "closed beta" periods started as early as the late 2013 from what ive seen (sometime between oct and dec 2013)

ive been playing actively since 2014, but i didnt actually make a forum account until last year lol

Exact date for closed beta (first run) was Nov. 22, 2013.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oldest I’ve seen is @SirAndy I haven’t seen him post in a long time though.

Also @driosketch
    Edited by Stamicka on April 1, 2022 2:50AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think those are beta forum accounts, it's just that the game was able to link beta stuff to live stuff. You'll notice if you go to your account page on the site, it'll show there as well when you started playing, whether it was during beta or after launch.

The main reason I doubt anyone's beta forum account is the same as our live ones is simply because we no longer have access to posts made on the beta boards. Kind of like how we can't access our beta accounts or characters in-game because the beta and live accounts are different ones.

They just archive like Morrowind beta
  • godspeedfxb14_ESO
    godspeedfxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So that's why I have the letters after my name.. was wondering how that happened, lol.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't have any issues with mine and after Beta I didn't play until 2017.

I joined in 2016, so that makes it doubly surprising you could reuse yours and I couldn't.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My forum account is from one of the later betas (January 2014) and I was able to get it back when I bought the game in February 2015.

My oldest topic is actually from just after the game went live, when I asked why I was still able to post on the forum even though I hadn't bought the game. It was a few days after posting that my account was locked. When I finally did buy the game I had to contact ZOS to get my forum account back, but I don't remember the exact process because it was 7 years ago.

(My game account is the same as well, of course everything was wiped when the game went live but I got the beta monkey and the beta access still shows on my billing history, which is kind of weird since it was free, but I suppose anything with an account key goes on there.)
    Edited by Danikat on April 1, 2022 10:29PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    My forum account is from one of the later betas (January 2014) and I was able to get it back when I bought the game in February 2015.

My oldest topic is actually from just after the game went live, when I asked why I was still able to post on the forum even though I hadn't bought the game. It was a few days after posting that my account was locked. When I finally did buy the game I had to contact ZOS to get my forum account back, but I don't remember the exact process because it was 7 years ago.

(My game account is the same as well, of course everything was wiped when the game went live but I got the beta monkey and the beta access still shows on my billing history, which is kind of weird since it was free, but I suppose anything with an account key goes on there.)

Oh yeah, same here - I also have the beta monkey and the beta date in my account, so it's possible there was an issue with relinking accounts for some people after buying the game. Your name actually sounds familiar, I'm sure I saw your posts in the past back then! :)
    Edited by Adventurer on April 2, 2022 7:30PM