Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4, PC and TESO

Altheina
Altheina
✭✭✭
We all know that the PS4 version of TESO is going to be released soon. Just out of curiosity, how many of you think that TESO would have been developed better if it was solely released for PC and if so, which area would have been made better?

PS: This topic is not to bash PS4, apologies if some of you feel this way.

Thanks
Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    More hotkeys will be the big comment, but riddle me this

If these games are not going to be cross platformed, why restrict the PC game to Console limitations in the first place?
    Edited by Tarwin on April 30, 2014 6:55PM
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I definitely think there should be a few more hotkeys. Five clearly isn't enough for some builds. I am not asking for 20 or anything, but 7-8 would have been very reasonable. They can say all they want about why there is only five, but they will never convince me it was for any other reason than controller limitations.

Its unfortunate that PCs always have to be limited by the desire to cross-platform.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would've been better.. I mean, the current UI is atrocious.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be better on the PS4; in fact as a PC & PS4 owner I'm curious as to how the UI will work for the PS4 as its hard for me to imagine translating a keyboard to a controller.

Also...
    452527581_885cce5cb7.jpg
    Edited by Gedalya on April 30, 2014 7:31PM
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Falmer wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely think there should be a few more hotkeys. Five clearly isn't enough for some builds. I am not asking for 20 or anything, but 7-8 would have been very reasonable. They can say all they want about why there is only five, but they will never convince me it was for any other reason than controller limitations.

Its unfortunate that PCs always have to be limited by the desire to cross-platform.

But for this game, you will not have PC and console people playing on the same server. So no ad/disadvantages to worry about. Of course it would make like easier for the development end of things
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of quickbar abilities is not because of the console.

DCUO has like 10 hotbar abilities plus trinket menus they have to navigate through.

It was a design choice.

Heck, Skyrim, Oblivian, etc you had 2 hotkeys for abilities... Left Mouse Button and Right Mouse Button :open_mouth:
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    The lack of quickbar abilities is not because of the console.

DCUO has like 10 hotbar abilities plus trinket menus they have to navigate through.

It was a design choice.

Heck, Skyrim, Oblivian, etc you had 2 hotkeys for abilities... Left Mouse Button and Right Mouse Button :open_mouth:

Wow so many of you gave more hotkeys as the answer. However,I believe it was design choice for limiting to 5+1, I maybe wrong though...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game