The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you want a third bar?

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy with just 1 more ability slot on each bar
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. The current two are too sluggish to effectively swap them fast enough. Adding another one would be a pain.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two bars for active skills are enough, but fun idea is third bar for passive skills with some buffs, bonuses, special effects and synergies. Balancing will be nightmare probably but with benefit of much more complex and unique builds.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but first I have to learn how to get off the floor @2am of the second, but something tells me that is not what you were asking...

Nevermind.
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it would only lead to more bar switching just to get a few more dps. I like this "simple" skillbar in eso, allows a quite relaxing gameplay.
    And I still get nightmares from the skillbar frame around my monitor in WOW
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I primarily play healers, tanks, and a pet sorc, and from that perspective I would like to see one additional ability on the bars so I wouldn't always have to lose something when I add purge or some other specialized skill.

I am not sure about a 3rd bar though. There's kind of an elegance to what we have. The sorc third bar worked because it was linked to an ability but having to cycle through three swaps or have two different key binds if it was a regular bar seems like it would be annoying.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a Sorc healer yes, losing too many bar slots to pets. when they removed the extra bar it just didn't really work anymore.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, no. With the whole "bar switching" mechanic, juggling 3 would be a giant mess.

(meanwhile, I remember playing games where you could cover the screen in active bars. In WoW, I only used like 7 or 8 hotkeys, everything else was 'clicked' with the mouse. It was awful. Also, looked ugly having the screen buried under rows of boxes.)
    ixthUA wrote: »
    I'd like to have quick bars (always active) for around 50 skills, like in other MMOs.
    I'd understand 6 skill slots on a phone, but this is a PC game.

There have been PC games with limited skill slots for ages and ages. Long before there were phone games.
    It's a design feature, and another aspect of picking what gear/class/skills/etc you'll use. /shrug

(but hyperbolic comparisons about things people don't like is standard for game forums. Just like how any graphics people don't like "looks like a PS2 game", even if it's 10 times better than a PS2 game.)
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    -it would be a pain to manage.
    -we don’t have enough skills that it would be worth it.
    -it would widen the gap between the best players and average players.
    -spammable direct damage skills would probably have no use in the meta.
    -new players would get confused more easily.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, judging by the weapons you want to switch between, you want to switch between the three roles which is a bad idea by itself for group content and unnecessary for solo builds.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my high ping, I'm not able to swap to the other bar 99% of the time, so a third one would be useless for me. I'd LOVE to have the keybind setup I had in WoW and RIFT....
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of how this game works, I don't think it would be appropriate for our main skills to be on more bars.

What I would like, if I had the option for, is to hotkey multiple consumables/potions to more than one key. I would then be able to use the potion I need in any given situation. But I doubt this will come to be, and I'm fine with the game as is in this regard.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been PC games with limited skill slots for ages and ages. Long before there were phone games.
    It's a design feature, and another aspect of picking what gear/class/skills/etc you'll use. /shrug
    The first PC game with limited slots i encountered was diablo 3 in 2012. Do you think its beneficial for players to have only 6 skills at a time, while in other MMOs you can set up 50 skills and use them when needed?
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It would likely be complicated to create a good design that works for consoles and PC. On PC we can easily set a keybind for each bar but the limitation of the controllers probably does not have room for such a design and what room it may have is probably best suited for something more significant for the game. Rotating among the three bars with one keybind would be a bad design.

Good point but if the UX could be made to handle this 3rd Bar, would you be in favor or no?

The other decent option - another ability slot.

I should have clarified 3rd bar with agreeable UX

Tanks for your point!
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My OT builds use S/B and Resto Staff anyways so this really isn't a problem for me.

As to a third bar? No. What we need is more passive nodes in the champion point trees and ways to equip skills that are ONLY used for passive effects without giving up a skill slot, like Magelight, Hunter's Eye, and the PVP Flare that gives 10% damage reduction. Or maybe those abilities should be reworked all together so that the passives are given through the champion point tree.

IDK, Kinda dumb that you have a skill slot that is entirely useless because you want to equip one of those (Depending on build/potions of course).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    I would rather have a second quick slot wheel, so there would be a front bar wheel and back bar wheel.

I only use the current quick slot wheel for my healing potions and don't have anything else in it. It is just too big a pain to switch around to other items and is even worse than bar swapping.
    PCNA
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    using a PS4 controller...nope
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Two things come to mind,

One is that most people don't want the hassle of dealing with a third bar, understandable.

The other is that a lot of people do complain about not having enough bar space.

The logical solution would be to expand the existing bars.
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be more I'm favor of an option to double bar a single weapon, which then merges you into an 11 slot bar ( 10 reg 1 ultimate) as a way for easing for players who single bar or run pets to only require one slot so you could then maybe have necros feel more like necros, wardens to have actual pets, and maybe make pet sorc more interesting all with controls over their Summons.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Oh Old sorc how I miss you with your glorious third bar...

Sorc's third bar was amazing.

I don't feel like it made them OP by any means, was just awesome that they got that flexibility. I would have no problem with all classes having access to it. I guess it would go against the whole "deck-building" gimmick. I don't know if its important to them still in 2022, but its not to me. Gimme another bar!

I do miss it. I agree it wasnt OP, in fact I think it was borderline necessary. Sorc bars are so freaking cramped these days, especially in PVP. That made it much more manageable.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring it back 😢😢
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    With my high ping, I'm not able to swap to the other bar 99% of the time, so a third one would be useless for me. I'd LOVE to have the keybind setup I had in WoW and RIFT....

I would love that too. Loved it wow and especially in Rift.
    Actually after 10 years in wow and 5 in Rift, the ui setup and the sabre cat mounts from wow are the only things I mss, oh and the AH I really miss that.