The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling low level crafting at max character level...

Hartagon
Hartagon
✭✭✭
So outside of researching pieces I have acquired... I have done almost no crafting at all... The fact that I need my enchanting to be equivalent to the craft I am doing for the piece to be even remotely competitive to quest rewards is the primary reason, as I haven't felt like going out and actively farming enchanting materials and my bank/bags can't support it all...

Just upgrade components, collector's edition maps, and a few research items alone have me at like 50/70 spots used... So I can't hoard anything and mess with it later.

So I ask, can I level crafting and what not exclusively through deconstructing things in Veteran Rank zones?

Thanks
  • Darkleaf
    Darkleaf
    ✭✭
    I would think so. Deconstructing is the best way to go for anything. It's even better to construct on an alt and deconstruct on your crafter (or get a partner). The only issue there is you have to keep up with the skills to make higher things so just deconstructing is a lot easier and no skills required, although you may get less materials back if you care about that.
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can, just deconstruct pretty much everything you pick up. You can get blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing up to 50 fairly easily from deconstructing and without actually crafting anything or spending any points in the trees. It may take a while, but it can definitely be done.

I'd recommend also researching stuff here and there when you have a research slot open.
  • Hartagon
    Hartagon
    ✭✭✭
    Opioid wrote: »
    Yes you can, just deconstruct pretty much everything you pick up. You can get blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing up to 50 fairly easily from deconstructing and without actually crafting anything or spending any points in the trees. It may take a while, but it can definitely be done.

I'd recommend also researching stuff here and there when you have a research slot open.

Yeah I have been researching pretty much the whole time since I started playing, I think I am doing the 8th research on two things and I am at 4-6 on most heavy/medium armor (I am a medium armor/bow guy atm, but wanted to be capable of tanking in the future as well)... But yeah, outside of the research I have done nothing other than deconstruct the odd item or two for the upgrade component. That and bookshelves have me at 10-11 on all of the skills apart from enchanting, which is only 8 from bookshelves alone.

But yeah it would be an incredibly slow/tedious process to just go back and grind mats via nodes to level right now, so I just wanted to be sure I could do it in the VR zones.
  • Shimizu
    Shimizu
    ✭✭
    I've nearly maxed blacksmithing (level 48ish?) without actually crafting anything ever simply by crushing all of my loot when I come back to town. Much easier to offload a stack of ingots than an assortment of random crap. I also get gemstones & such from the crushing that I do keep & can use with clothier & woodworking. So you'll have no problem getting the levels for it there is no need to gather materials of every tier or to gather at all, really.