The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is there anything forcing me to craft on my main?

Svann
Svann
✭✭✭
Was thinking of dropping crafting on my main and just having a L10 alt do it. Is there any good reason not to go that route?
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many skill points available in the game, there's really no reason not to do some crafting. But whatever floats your boat man.
  • daniel_ESO16
    You are going to have a tough time putting skill points into crafting without leveling.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    You can't max all crafts on a level 10 alt, you need more skill points than that character can get. So your choices are:
    - many low level crafting alts,
    - one high level (lvl50) crafting alt with almost no combat skills worth mentioning. You can even level this alt normally and then reset all skillpoints and invest them in crafts.
    - crafting on your main.
    - any combination of the above. For example, 4 crafts on the main character and 2 on a middle-level alt.

I chose the third option with my main crafting everything. There are enough skill points to do that if you are careful in collecting all skyshards and doing the main quests in your native alliance and in veteran areas.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say I was thinking of using skyshards to get skillpoints. Im pretty sure I can get around mobs well enough to pick them up.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say I was thinking of using skyshards to get skillpoints. Im pretty sure I can get around mobs well enough to pick them up.

Easier said than done, although you can leapfrog past two-shot mobs if you don't mind going through a ton of soul gems.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't craft the best set pieces on your alt unless he has finished the Mage Guild quest line, the Fighter's Guild quest line, and the main story. If there was ever a good reason to craft on your main, that would be it.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker