The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Permanant Negate Bug in Cyrodiil

neferpitou73
neferpitou73
✭✭✭✭✭
To add another to the long list of "permanent effect" bugs in Cyrodiil, we now have the permanent negate bug where the silence effect is on the character permanently. Meaning that the character cannot cast any magicka skills.o5uqia0aj4qk.png

You can see the negate effect in the above screenshot just above my resource bars. Note all my magicka skills are grayed out.

It seems changing the instance (exiting Cyrodiil) fixes it but this is obviously annoying especially during MYM.

Would appreciate a quick fix on this @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by neferpitou73 on February 26, 2022 6:40PM
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a common bug in cyrodiil! I get this all of the time too. Thank you for posting a screenshot! This is a very crippling bug for magtoons especially when the Queue is over a 100.

@ZOS_Kevin Any updates on these ongoing bugs?
    Edited by SimonThesis on February 27, 2022 9:01PM
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    Going into a Cyrodiil delve will remove the debuff status effect. I’ve confirmed this several times now.
    Light armored MagBlade, Mag Templar (healer), MagSorc, Hybrid DK, MagDen, and MagCro.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sbialkow wrote: »
    Going into a Cyrodiil delve will remove the debuff status effect. I’ve confirmed this several times now.

This is true but not always viable.

The last time I tried, during this event, it took me eight minutes of spamming E to get back from the delve into Cyrodiil proper. The game does not have a reliable system for returning players to overland when they enter a delve in a pop-locked campaign.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The last time I tried, during this event, it took me eight minutes of spamming E to get back from the delve into Cyrodiil proper. The game does not have a reliable system for returning players to overland when they enter a delve in a pop-locked campaign.

That was because of the event. Unless the servers are under a lot of stress during non-event times I've never had that happen
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That was because of the event. Unless the servers are under a lot of stress during non-event times I've never had that happen

During the event is arguably when it matters most. We shouldn’t have that much of our time (and buffs) purely wasted because the game isn’t designed and/or working properly. This bug is crippling for gameplay. It literally disables skills until we transition zones. We shouldn’t have to have a workaround for it, and the workaround shouldn’t penalize us by wasting so much of our time when it is most valuable.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

During the event is arguably when it matters most. We shouldn’t have that much of our time (and buffs) purely wasted because the game isn’t designed and/or working properly. This bug is crippling for gameplay. It literally disables skills until we transition zones. We shouldn’t have to have a workaround for it, and the workaround shouldn’t penalize us by wasting so much of our time when it is most valuable.

Oh I completely agree with you. I thought you were conflating the negate bug with not being able to get back into Cyrodiil.