The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Legacy of Luke Coolhair

madtragg
madtragg
Soul Shriven
The name is Luke Coolhair. I use to play a game called Uncharted Waters online and was a great martimer/shipbuilder. I retired from that game and tried out a few other mmo's. I went to eve online and spent about 3 months of playing that game. I got tired of it and play swtor. I really loved that game and i was very active for awhile. I gave FF14 RR a try and i really enjoyed that one too. I didnt stick with it though because it felt like the game needed to expand a bit more. I also didnt care for the fact dungeons were mandatory for story line. So i quit that game and gave WoW a try for a month. It was fun but to me it got old fast. I gave DCUO a try and while it is a lot of fun, i didnt stay involved in that game because i didnt know anyone. I got a beta invite for eso and played it one weekend and got hooked. So i preordered the game. While waiting for early access, i gave The Secret World a try. I really enjoyed and was addicted to it right away but i knew eso was coming out so i got far as i could and then stopped. The game is pretty hard so i didnt have to much trouble stopping. I will however go back to the game some day when i'm done with ESO.

So during beta my main was a nightblade, so i decided to stick with it during launch. I tried all the other classes and enjoyed them all. I got the imperial edition so i made a imperial nightblade. You may ask why use imperial for night blade since imperials fit better as a tank? Because i want to be different that's why. Night blades can be squishy and i really hate that. So i'm mixing in a balance with dps and tank. I took up the bow and arrow skill and i'm having fun with it. Right now i'm at lvl 13 so i havent figured out my second choice yet. I'm thinking duel wield or sword and shield. Recently i got level 2 in the fighter's guild, so i picked up the silver bolt skill last night. So far i really like it and it skills like these that keep me interested in the game. This game is hard and its really easy for people to just quit without even trying to adapt. I'm not like that, i will try my best to figure out a way to get through. My character started in the daggerfall convenant. During beta i tried all factions and this one caught my interest. Probably because i liked how the story begins recruiting smugglers. As for the crafting side, i took up woodworking so i can make bows. I'm still messing with crafting in whole and havent decided how to go about doing it all. That is all for now. I will update probably once a week or when i feel i need to write about something. By the way, i'm also looking for a really good guild for daggerfall for pvp. I'm in other guilds but they arent very hard core when it comes to pvp. Thanks for reading.
Edited by madtragg on April 10, 2014 5:54PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you find - if you haven't already - a guild to your liking.
    Goodluck!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    Not a lot to update on but i did make it to lvl 15 and i'm about to hit 16. I haven't been on much during the week so not much progression. In my time from lvl 13 to 15, i downloaded a few addons. One of them is for the skyshard locations and that one is a big help. It makes it easier to find the skyshards rather than having to look up in the internet and alt tabbing. So i collected all of the ones in glenumbra and i'm starting to see my character getting stronger with attacks. For my skills i'm advancing my dps and critical hits. I kind of slowed down on the tanking stats because now i'm not very squishy. Anyway, during my hunt for skyshards, i've been exploring the solo dungeons. So i stayed in them for a little bit to collect loot and earn gold. This one dungeon, i noticed a group of players standing in the exact respawn point of the boss and as soon as he appeared, they all jumped him. I noticed something wasnt right when another npc behind them was attacking them and they werent repsonding to it. So i pretty much just encountered bots. So i decided to leave that dungeon and go somewhere else. I started questing again and i'm at the point where i have the option of going to stormhaven. I still have some unfinished quests to do so i'm going to finish those up before leaving. Since i have been slacking all week, i might try to push for lvl 20 this weekend. Not sure if i will make it but i see other people about to hit 50 in my guild and we all started at the same time. Well that is for now. Still havent found a good pvp guild. So any suggestions is appreciated. I can get on voice chat but wont be able to talk.
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    Last weekend i didn't get to play much. I got to lvl 16 and moved to stormhaven. I'm leaning heavily towards canceling my subscription. Not because of the game but because of me. I'm just not getting addicted to it as i would like. I plan to come back in the future when they add the thieves and blood assassins guild. In the mean time i have until may 4 to keep playing, so i'll still play until then if i feel like it. I'm actually considering playing LOTRO for awhile. I played it awhile back and got to lvl 10 with a human hunter but didnt stick with it. I recently played again with a hobbit and i like it better. I hate to quit this game but i'm just not feeling it right now. One thing that disappoints me with the game is the megaserver. Its a good thing and at the same time a bad thing. It can get crowded in certain areas when i'm trying to loot a boss and everyone else is doing the same thing, especially with bots. I can overcome that but it does take the fun away. Anyway, i'll definitely keep an eye on the game for updated content. Right now i just dont see the point in leveling a character when there isnt much to work for. I may change my mind though before may 4th. It just depends though if i find something that keeps me hooked. That is all for now. Will be the last entry unless i change my mind. Thanks for reading.
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    I know i said i wasn't going to post again but I decided to cancel my subscription. I was going to extend for one month but with the recent activities of gold spammers and disabling the PM's and player bots getting out of control, just make this game a mess. Later on in may i have life stuff going on anyway, so i would have to stop playing for a bit. I know they are working hard to fix the game and i plan to come back in the future. For the mean time i'll be in lotro.
    Edited by madtragg on April 30, 2014 1:03PM
  • smahendra56nrb18_ESO
    TLDR
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    ?
  • smahendra56nrb18_ESO
    means 'Too long, didnt read'
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    oh ok
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    I decided to return to the game to give it another chance. It's been over 2 months and i heard improvements have been made. So i made a new character which is a sorcerer on the AD. I still have my other character Luke which is lvl 16 but for now i'm putting him on hold. I just want to start the game fresh. I named my new toon Angry Tragg. There is a lot of history behind the name Tragg and i have used it in multiple games. Usually mad tragg is what i prefer. However, when i played swtor madtragg was my main and i maxed his level. Then our guild had a race to lvl 50 so i came up with Angry Tragg and he was totally awesome. He was also a sorcerer. So i kept the tradition going.

My goal with this toon to get him up to lvl 50 by sept 9. The reason i'm aiming for that is because i'm getting the PS4 destiny bundle and when destiny comes out. I won't be spending much time on here until i'm done with it.

I really liked the way i made the look of Angry Tragg. His race is breton. He looks old with white hair but still very stong and god like. For skill wise i'm not completely sure which way to go but i'm going to research a little bit. I put him in medium armor though so he's not so squishy. I want to try getting involved with crafting. I usually dont have paitience with crafting but i'll see what i can do. At least crafting is somewhat simple in this game. Well that is all for now. I will update my log as needed.

I welcome feedback but dont post negative stuff like tldr. I consider that rude. Thanks.
  • Kuratla
    Kuratla
    ✭✭✭
    Just ignore the morons who write TLDR, Luke. They are just professing that they lack the intelligence and patience to read something longer than one sentence.
    V14 Templar Argonian Healer, V12 DK Orc Tank, V2 Sorcerer High Elf DPS, V1 Templar Breton DPS, V1 Nightblade Bosmer DPS, and 3 low levels.

Check out my ESO journal["http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66004/kuratla-s-eso-journal"]
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    I made it to level 7 with my sorcerer. To be honest i haven't been playing as much as i would like. I think i'm just tired of the mechanics of mmo's. You know, get a quest, complete it and return. I've been playing but after an hour of playing, i get lazy. I've been playing games on my ps3 because next month i get my ps4 and i'm trying out games i haven't played. I do however want to keep playing this game. So i'm going to try to dedicate at least one day or night to playing this game so i can get somewhere. I havent picked a day yet, i think it will just be random because i have other things going on. I will keep updating my log as i make progress. Also, i have a blog on IGN.com. My first blog is all the way on the bottom and the latest one is on top. Some can be pretty long. Here is the site. http://www.ign.com/blogs/madtragg
    Edited by madtragg on August 7, 2014 1:13PM
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    It's been awhile since i posted. Destiny is coming out in 5 days along with my ps4. Since i haven't been doing anything on ESO, i'm considering cancelling my subscription. I'm looking to come back when they add the thieves guild and the criminal system. Right now i just don't see a point on keeping my subscription if i'm not playing. I may try to play this weekend depending on what's going on but i don't know for sure. For some reason i just can't stay motivated to play. With swtor, the story mode kept me hook but this game isn't. My subscription ends on the 19th so if i decide to stay, i'll repost.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coolhair Luke...wasn't that Steve McQueen prison movie?

"What we've got here...is a failure to use hair gel."
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    Lol. Not sure. I came up with the name on my own.
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    Gamestop is having a deal right now to trade in a ps3 for $150 towards a ps4. So i'm considering on cancelling my preorder and buy the white on release day. Only problem is i may have to wait if game stop sells out of the destiny bundles.