The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Choppy Audio

85flyingbrick_ESO
85flyingbrick_ESO
✭✭✭
This has been happening since the patch a few days ago, but seems much worse today.
Audio cuts in and out like a bad wired headset. All my drivers are up to date, the game was repaired through the launcher, and PC restarted. Default sound devices are accurate. No issues found online involving my model of headset. Movies, music, and other games sound fine. This is happening regardless of zone.

Anyone else having similar problems?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 3, 2022 12:40AM
PC/NA

• 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Update-- It looks like this may be an Nvidia DLSS issue or possibly upcapped frames. I turned of the DLSS as well as capped frames at 70 and everything with audio seems normal again. It just seems odd this just started with the latest ESO patch.
    PC/NA

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are using an AMD Ryzen it may be triggering the USB audio / USB dropout bugs in some AMD chipsets. In which case you need a BIOS update.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got it sorted. The BIOS was up to date as well 3900x AMD, but thanks for thinking of that. i had checked but didnt mention it in my original post.
    PC/NA

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be totally unrelated, but I am gonna leave it here:

I had some sound issues & long loading screen all of the sudden today, and only today. I was playing normally and all of the sudden I started to lose audio (less channels were playing) and the game started lagging badly. I had to log off. When I did logged off, all of the sounds that were missing were "played" at the same time (as if sound had a lag too lol).

Issue like this did not happen before. I play ESO since 2014 and I do not recall something like this. Even if I restarted the game, the issue was still there.

Then I realised that it may have been due to eso launcher that was running in the background and it started downloading PTS update. Problems with sound started in the same moment when patch was downloaded & the launcher started to "apply patch" - and it got stuck. I had to uninstall & re-download entire PTS client.

But after pts was reinstalled, the issue with sound in a regular ESO client was gone.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 1, 2022 1:42AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for letting us know the choppy audio was a DLSS issue. Since the audio problem is now fixed, this discussion is now being closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.