The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intricates not providing promised inspiration boost

blackpool9
blackpool9
✭✭✭
Was deconstructing items to train smithing. Noticed that intricates were *not* providing the inspiration bonus promised. To test, did the following: Noted current inspiration level 8200. Deconned green CP160 non-intricate greaves. Received 6791 inspiration and confirmed inspiration level was now 14991. Then deconned blue CP160 non-intricate greaves. Received 6791 inspiration and confirmed inspiration level now 21782. Finally, deconned a white CP160 intricate greaves. Received 6791 inspiration and confirmed inspiration level now 28573. PC NA, no ESO+ on this (secondary) account.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    I will try the other intricates once I get back into the game. Tried to report this through the in-game bug reporting system and when I hit "submit", I received a "booted from server" message and was logged out.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    Tried woodworking and got same result. Also realized I missed a step and tried deconning a white CP160 non-intricate greaves. Got same inspiration as the other decons.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an inspiration cap at each crafting level, any inspiration past the cap is useless. You won't see any bonus at all for CP150/160 items until crafting level 25 or so, and for CP 150/160 intricates you'll never see the full 280% bonus. (for blacksmithing, it's slightly different for each craft, but the concept is the same)
    This site has some useful charts.
    http://www.sunshine-daydream.org/craft-blacksmithing.html#Blacksmith