Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you feel about new new main feature of new chapter (Tales of Tribute card game)?

Harvokaan
Harvokaan
✭✭✭✭
Vote only for new main chapter feature. This poll is not for new story, how new maps looks, new sets, companions, etc.
Are you excited for new card game? Is this feature will change your decision to buy/not buy new chapter?

How do you feel about new new main feature of new chapter (Tales of Tribute card game)? 692 votes

Love it, one of the selling point of new chapter for me
4% 29 votes
Excited, really enjoyed various card games
11% 78 votes
Mediocre, gonna play it but no excitement at all
10% 73 votes
Meh, will still buy a chapter but not gonna engage with this system
6% 46 votes
Dissapointed, they could work on some more needed systems related to combat/questing/something else
39% 271 votes
What is this? I'm seriously angry right now, not gonna buy new chapter for full price if this is the new feature
21% 150 votes
Other
6% 45 votes
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel nothing because Zos has killed my excitement for the game. It's dead and not even my necromancer can revive it with 325 ult.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved mtg, so I'm looking forward to an eso version of that. Honestly, the main selling point of the card system is when they mentioned cosmetics and furnishings. Sold, already sold. Say no more XD
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    given the badly need alternative to staff and a year on the bretons, dam magic wielders having a card game is just a let down.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! We also have an official thread for feedback. You can check it out here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the card game was the worst part of the reveal.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am excited for it, especially after seeing they are seemingly fleshing it out with
    • A ranking system
    • Match making
    • Seemingly large number of decks (4 starter) and patron decks
    • Ability to earn additional cards elsewhere in the world
    • Balanced matches by merging decks to avoid P2W or grind to win

They have clearly put a lot of effort into this system, it's not just an afterthought.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a cool thing, but it seems light for a main feature, but we'll see. It's possible that it'll be fleshed out enough to be on par with other things. The description talked about quests and rewards so that's encouraging.

I guess it could be on par with antiquities, maybe even better if the game itself is good.
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it IS a new *combat* system, although not the one people have been asking Zos about.

As for me, I need more info about the gameplay to tell if it appeals to me. No reward is going to drag me through it, based on my experience with the scribing system.
    This bird is watching you from afar
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    I feel the card game was the worst part of the reveal.

It was a toss up between the card game & the dungeon/delves being taken straight from Summerset
  • Harvokaan
    Harvokaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! We also have an official thread for feedback. You can check it out here.

Hi Kevin,
    I saw your thread and I'm verry happy that you created the poll to allow ppl left their opinion, that is something fresh and very nice :)
    But I believe your topic is about the whole new chapter, what i Wanted here is to only focus on new card game without focusing on other stuff as i feel the new region, story and overall look of the chapter is great but believe card feature need to be examinated separately.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In between 2 & 3. Mildly interested, will likely play it when I finally get the chapter.

(I've played CCGs in real life starting with MtG back in beta; and I've played card games in various JRPGs over the years. Haven't bothered with the various f2p mobile games.)
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never played Gwent in Witcher 3. Never played Caravan in Fallout New Vegas. Doubt I'll play this either.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just lame. It's an old concept that appeals to a very small group of, primarily, very young players. It's generally a stand-along system that amateur programmers develop for school projects and the fact that this is the primary feature of this chapter couldn't be further from what I expected.
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    This should have been a stand-alone app that gave rewards that you claimed in ESO, so with all the issues this game is having, a CARD GAME seems like the worst way to waste resources that would have been better suited for other things. Horribly disappointed that a cash grab side game is what their big selling point is for this year. That's like them adding an arcade machine in-game that lets you play Elder Scrolls: Blades in ESO.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was tough to pick a category. I'm disappointed, rather than angry. But, I don't see buying this chapter until it's 67% off a year from now Once they begin tying gear or other important things to the card game, I suppose then I'll be angry. Until then, I'll settle for simply uninterested.
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Not even going to bother getting this chapter.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know more about how it works, and ideally try it out myself, before I make a decision. I've often thought that ESO could use some mini games and I know a lot of people on here have said some more 'down time' activities would be welcome, but a trading card game wouldn't have been my first choice.

Even if it's not pay-to-win those can end up taking more time to prepare for than actually playing - mainly hunting down the cards you need in one form or another, whether that's finding them yourself (in this case I'm hoping for something like antiquity leads, but we know how frustrating those can be) or buying/swapping with other players. I'd prefer something that allows for more spontaneous participation as and when the oppertunity comes up, rather than needing to spend time collecting and customising decks.

That's why I never really got into Magic the Gathering and don't play Netrunner very often even though it's in my house. I end up spending more time planning a strategy and putting a deck together than actually using it.

But I'm not totally opposed to the idea and maybe ZOS will work out something which doesn't require much preperation to play unless you actually want to compete against equally committed players.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    This was my reaction.
    Aq8R2hS.jpg

Jokes aside, I hope their focus on this mechanic will not affect quality/size/fullness of the zone.
    Solar powered.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say... all we know is: it's a card game.

Let's wait and see before we build any preconceptions...
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Astiron
    Astiron
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see a tavern card game as a QOL update to bring more life to towns and taverns, but not sold as a major chapter update.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, boring!
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So…. Is this like Settlers of Catan board game? Let’s see the details surrounding this :)
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously??? There's so many things needs improvement, and so many things could be added what players requesting since years, and a instead of those card game??? [snip]???

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2022 11:09AM
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited, kind of surprised everyone is so lukewarm about it.

I get it, there's a lot of stuff they could do but I am really looking forward to this.
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. If they had added this feature, and included a meatier and more interesting actual main feature for the chapter, I think I would have been pleased with it. As it is, it was very underwhelming and I'm left thinking 'what's the point?' This chapter has very little to draw me in, frankly. It's just a new zone and a minigame, and two companions I'll not use.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be cool.

But that's nothing next to a new weapon, more skills for existing classes or nice things like that.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might play it just for the sake of getting a few of the prizes/items they mentioned as rewards, and then leave it and never play again. At least that's what I think is going to happen.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the only thing I care about is the new trial, and I'm always willing to give new content a shot, I'm neutral. I'll try it and see if it's fun.
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭
    Two words: feature creep.