The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

should healing be increased by offensive stats ?

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
this seems to create problems. it would help with build diversity (healing sets that noone using) and even alot of things that are meta. ppl are able to heal through alot and still do enough dmg to kill ppl this ends up in very tanky builds (stalemates). in essence everyone goes for defense(resource)/offense set since the heals can get u up to 100 % by a button press.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 19, 2022 1:17AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For heals that it is intended to be so, they should. We have heals that scaler off stamina and others scale off magika.

Since it is clear Zenimax designed this game so the trinity is blurred it will remain this way. That also means it is not creating problems. Technically speaking, it also increases build diversity since it does not create the restrictions some other MMORPG's use to limit build diversity.

In the end, a player makes a choice if they will be offensive or defensive with each action they take.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    In the end, a player makes a choice if they will be offensive or defensive with each action they take.

and there is the mistake. offense means defense if u mean heals. so all players usually go for 1 tanky set to get up their defense to around 30 k res and hp to 30 k and 1 offense set.

now usually this way of building would have the flaw of lacking in heals so it will not get 1 shot but it wont survive forever.

but the way the game is designed with the offense stats boosting heals..... this build can now survive for a very long time and still able to kill people that arent build like that.

this seems to force ppl into certain playstyles that put some classes more in advantage than others. but its not the balance which is my problem here its all those stalemates and 1 vs x happening through the fact i mentioned.

its a bad experience for new players and tiresome for veterans.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

and there is the mistake. offense means defense if u mean heals. so all players usually go for 1 tanky set to get up their defense to around 30 k res and hp to 30 k and 1 offense set.

now usually this way of building would have the flaw of lacking in heals so it will not get 1 shot but it wont survive forever.

but the way the game is designed with the offense stats boosting heals..... this build can now survive for a very long time and still able to kill people that arent build like that.

this seems to force ppl into certain playstyles that put some classes more in advantage than others. but its not the balance which is my problem here its all those stalemates and 1 vs x happening through the fact i mentioned.

its a bad experience for new players and tiresome for veterans.

There was no mistake in my comment. It was very accurate.

The reply here I quoted is speaking to overall builds, much of which deal with other aspects of a player's build since it starts of using the example of a tanky build.

However, I will point out that if they are investing so much into health and resistance and so little into an offensive stat then they are doing much less damage and healing. So again there is a choice made and it again deals with the choice of being offensive or defensive. The build is very weak unless the player knows how to play it which is really the case with any build.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have decided to close this thread as there is a more active thread on this same subject, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.