The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Which trial is your favorite?

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockgrove
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Players seem to really dislike Rockgrove, why so?

No clue; perhaps the voting is just a reflection of the fact there are still a lot of people that haven't actually run it maybe.

For me it's a bit of a toss up between Kynes and Rockgrove but prefer the later. I like the mad add pulls and coordinating that with our team. Bahsei has been nerfed fairly hard unfortunately, but it's still a fun fight to do and the gear drops are good so it's very worthwhile to run.
  • Whiskey_JG
    Whiskey_JG
    ✭✭✭
    Kyne's Aegis
    GOAT4EVAR wrote: »
    Greetings! Just wanted to know what your favorite trial is. The reason is all up to you, if it is the theme, location, how fast it is to complete, spesific gear that drops there, the mechanics of the fights or a mixture of everything :D

The one without bugs.

just kiddin, i've grown to like vKA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sunspire
    I voted for Sunspire but I have to give an honorable mention to Hel Ra. I love that the first half is truly overland, so that when it is dark in Craglorn it is dark in Hel Ra and you can see the moon rising over the citadel etc
    Soupy twist
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    I feel like this trial was perfect both mechanically and visually. I had some of my most fun times in this game raiding vMoL HM.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Maw of Lorkhaj. Even to this day with power creep making most fights fairly trivial. Mechanically, one of the better trials. DDs cleansing. Tanks swapping if they need to cleanse. Players hiding behind pillars. Colour swap. Running back yard. Explosions on player which should be taken out of the group, same with orbs. Numerous people needing to kite. Everyone having something to do. In my mind, this trial used what I would refer to as tried and tested typical/conventional MMO fight mechanics. Some people might call that boring, uninventive, uninspirational, and not being very innovative, but they work for a good reason. Mots mechanics require some braincells, thought, and teamplay. Back when it came out, unlike almost every consecutive trial, Maw of Lorkhaj wasn't thought of as a stack and burn type of trial. It was, and still is, one of the only trials in the game where groups can't just say "Can we get supports to play the mechanics while we parse?"

Halls of Fabrication is my next favourite, specifically second boss with the split mechanic (I main a tank and it's nice to have something interactive and engaging like this) and fourth boss with a tank swap mechanic -- the swap now becoming more trivialised as people are stacking the two bosses on the Reclaimer in the middle and just nuking.

Followed by Cloudrest, then everything else with some distance in no particular order.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    I think Maw was and still is their most mechanically varied and interesting trial. Also probably their most fun. Hof is probably second on the list for me and then Cloudrest or Sunspire. And to be honest Sunspire without its hardmodes is largely stand and parse. I may be biased as Sunspire HM was the last HM I really progged back when it came out and I haven't done much of Kyne's Aegis or Rockgrove. They never really got me all that interested. I just think Maw still stands the tallest. Not too long, varied bosses, and a good but fair challenge. Craglorn trials get points for nostalgia.
    Ours is the Fury
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I don't do trials or arenas. I generally just play this game to relax and having to learn 5 million mechanics is not relaxing to me. I also don't do any vet dungeons either, preferring to kill mass hoards of overland mobs where I don't have to, again, learn 5 million different mechanics.

To most I guess I am just a lazy gamer, but I work hard enough in real life, I don't want my playtime to be another job!
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    Sunspire, only because it was my first (I healed it). Next favorite would be MoL, because it was the first Trial I tanked (main tank). Rockgrove I've healed, but I don't care too much for it. I need to revisit it, though, for Sax
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Obvious choice. The theme, the music and the mechanics

I know plenty of people hate The Twins fight but when everyone are doing thier job its *chief kiss* amazing fight

I would much prefer ZOS implement more fights like The Twins, instead of adding bunch of poop to the fight, force players to play mechanics or they explode!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Halls of Fabrication
    Thanks to this thread I want to join some dro-m'athra destroyer prog group again, smh. This music, tribal drum beat and the fang of lorkhaj staring at you, that was experience worth its own scrolls game.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Players seem to really dislike Rockgrove, why so?

Only my opinion here -- I don't dislike Rockgrove. But I also don't like it as much as other trials.

As I said in an earlier post, I main a tank (though I play all three roles on a regular basis). What I dislike about the direction is ZOS's current penchant for multiple/stacking health-scaling DoTs and heavy-hitting light attacks.

For me, at least, Mist Form is one of the reasons why I still have a bad taste. Being a Mist Form tank in Rockgrove from PTS showed how uninteresting and unengaging the mechanics are for the tank. It was changed months after release, into what they claim is how they wanted it -- without Mist Form.

ZOS did not listen to feedback on the PTS for this trial, but, even if they had, it's still largely uninteresting so far as my tanking perspective goes. As a DD, the only "interesting" thing in the Bahsei fight is the portal mechanic. As a tank, the only interesting thing about that is that you get to decide where the eye will point when it spawns -- that could have been a really interesting mechanic, but the implementation just isn't interesting. On third boss, typically as a DD, it's your job to stay with the group until one of the supports calls out which split is correct and then you just go parse like a monkey. Every fight is just stack and burn and occasionally avoid an incoming AoE. There's nothing engaging about them.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Maw has the best mechanics by far. Its just too bad you can cheese the final boss fight with DPS now.
    Playing since beta...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyne's Aegis
    I've always got a soft spot for Kyne's - that was the first trial I ever did, and the first DLC vet trial clear I had. Could do without the vampire-y stuff, but I'm a huge sucker for the Nord aesthetic.

Also has the best title in the game. I really want to get that HM someday. I do think they have a better title for nKA over vKA though.

Otherwise, I actually like trials with a few things:
    • Add pulls - It actually feels like a bit of a 'break' between bosses, and I really like collecting adds together. The trials that are really just boss, boss, boss are pretty boring. I like mechanics, but there are some times I want to let my brain rest a second from one to the next.
    • Tank swaps - I've run with a lot of groups where the MT is the golden child and I get shoved to OT, and it can get boring when the main mechanic is something like 'run away and kite it.' Especially on the earlier trials where there isn't much for the OT to do. It's fun when both tanks need to do the mechanic. Again, both of the first bosses of Kyne's end up with a tank swap below 50%, which is another reason I like it. I will say that my first clear of vMoL was when I first got the feeling that I knew what I was doing in my role. Sunspire is also one of those trials where the OT actually does a lot more than the MT and it can be fun.
    • Good groups - Yeah, not specific to any given trial, but this is really the make-or-break. Toxic people suck. I'll take a tipsy trials fun run on normal over a sweaty vet prog any day of the week. Best was when we did a 12-Maw of the Infernal run of nSS where our only other armor was found and our weapons were non-set white. It was hysterical.

For the ones I dislike: Cloudrest. But that's mainly because I kept screwing up while I was still learning how to do it and there were some good players there who thought that everyone should come out of the womb as perfect players, and now I'm just scared of that place. I should get over it and redo it, but I also don't like trials that are just boss boss boss, and the fact that you need a specific skill/gear setup for that means I keep muscle memory-fat fingering all of my skills.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Otherwise, I actually like trials with a few things:
    • Again, both of the first bosses of Kyne's end up with a tank swap below 50%, which is another reason I like it.
    Sad thing is, and why I deduct points from Kyne's Aegis, is that this tank swap mechanic is completely unnecessary.

If the tank swap actually meant something, like the ramping damage you take on fourth boss in HoF, and eventual one-shot if you don't swap, or the Shatter+Bleed from Hulk in MoL, I think it would be a lot more interesting. Armour shatter/fracture/sunder generally isn't as interesting as it sounds and can often just be mitigated to ignore the swap element entirely (same as the Sunder from Nahviintaas in Sunspire).

@Troodon80 PC | EU