Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which trial is your favorite?

GOAT4EVAR
GOAT4EVAR
✭✭✭
Greetings! Just wanted to know what your favorite trial is. The reason is all up to you, if it is the theme, location, how fast it is to complete, spesific gear that drops there, the mechanics of the fights or a mixture of everything :D
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 27, 2022 12:22AM

Which trial is your favorite? 156 votes

Aetherian Archive
5%
LaerothKeykalynjerek95SheridanFluffyReachWitchRaammzzaaJellySunsetCarbohydrateRugby_hook 8 votes
Asylum Sanctorium
8%
TX12001rwb17_ESOCillion3117LioraValkyrieirswatOnomosPajorperfictionOdovacardxtarheel23AinSophNoxiousBlightschindlerPeculiar_Man 13 votes
Cloudrest
15%
BlueRavendaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOAwesomestMattproprio.meb16_ESOSheezabeastJoanOfOrcCalandraemickeyxTyrion87emilyhyoyeonLadislaoSeminolegirl1992Wyresscliffracercarlos424RadagastThePinkESO_NightingalespartaxoxoUntilValhalla13Canperial35LMarshall910 24 votes
Hel Ra Citadel
5%
MojmirKayshaBronzeCaimanVevvevvesselwiththepestleStratlocSidraWillowskysumm0004HonestFarmer 9 votes
Kyne's Aegis
2%
Xuhoratomofhyrulecro25519Whiskey_JG 4 votes
Maw of Lorkhaj
28%
saf227_ESOGalenSuddwrathck37090GedericDiatonicMalthornekojouBloodyStigmatakwinterOreyn_BearclawJack-0DerraVaohSnowZeniaDexter411raaphorfirerapturemeekmikoNarvuntien 44 votes
Rockgrove
3%
SoulshineCyberOnEsoNaftalmikemaconStyxiuscerffgy 6 votes
Sanctum Ophidia
2%
hafgoodtonyblackMelivarJimmyTortellini 4 votes
Sunspire
19%
WuffyCeruleiquadraxis666Yukon2112FauxHunterTannus15Enemy-of-Coldharbourjad11mumblerfizl101WolfkeksDrdeath20TelvanniWizardZatoxAmberkenhiziumfuriouslogWiseSkypazrael0321Grandchamp1989XairvaissRincewind63 30 votes
The Halls of Fabrication
8%
gresiacCloudtradercode65536TyrobagViyvosVindoldcolossalvoidsValabrogtuxonGOAT4EVARSylaehands0medeviletchedpixelsFenris_Arainai 14 votes
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Main reason is this soundtrack combined with the general theme of the trial. Also Dro-m'Athra looks super cool.

https://youtu.be/ohCLpT6DtAw
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hel Ra Citadel
    Hel Ra Citadel because it feels like a siege battle, and the room where you fight the Warrior is quite the spectacle! Was hard to make a choice though because there are quite a few I like.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    none
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    i legit hate them all tbh.

It's probably the thing i dislike the most about eso right now. And i really wish this system didn't exist for several reasons.

Out of all these, i'm not really a fan of sunspire , but i like how the dragons look. so it gets a point.
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 17, 2022 2:24AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    I struggled picking between Cloudrest, Maw, and Sunspire. Music, skin, and fights from Maw are so much fun. Sunspire because dragons, and getting the HMs from there was so rewarding. The dragon statues are amaazing. Cloudrest because I still don't have GH and I want the stupid title. Skin is cool. Mechanics require a lot of coordination.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    Tied between Maw and Sunspire. I love Khajiit-related things, and these trials are both memorable and fun.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    Clearly Cloudrest,it was my first trial and I enjoyed it so much I kept on repeating it very often (unfortunatly that was before the stickerbook -_-'' )
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <coughs> Soooooo - who else got their first Golden Skyshard in Sunspire? Or maybe Hel-Ra?

S.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    I learned trials on MoL -and it's still my favorite. There's variety, it's fun, and it's challenging.
    I also like AS - mostly because it can get so crazy on the final boss, it's actually kinda fun. I don't know why, but I enjoy it.

Also, I'd like to mention, Kyne's is my LEAST favorite. Some of the 'trash' encounters are just ridiculous. The necessity of correctly doing the 'pinwheel' on the final boss pretty much removes the possibility of pugging or doing w/o Discord (I know, not completely. But it's really tough for either of those situations). And I'm really, really tired of bosses that ignore taunts.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    vMoL. Even if I feel stressed sometimes when I see twins. You know that someone can bomb you before win. Always one guy. We all was new once.🙂
    Why I like this trial? It's beautiful. Interesting. Challenging for some groups. LORE (I see connection between this place and Elsweyr side quest). Music. The Bent Dance!
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Have you not heard me? Have i not made your choice plain? You will listen mortals! Even if it means peeling the ears from your scalps, and shouting Namira's will into whatever's left of your broken skulls!

PC|EU
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    Kyne's Aegis
    Atmosphere is the best.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMoL. Even if I feel stressed sometimes when I see twins. You know that someone can bomb you before win. Always one guy. We all was new once.🙂
    Why I like this trial? It's beautiful. Interesting. Challenging for some groups. LORE (I see connection between this place and Elsweyr side quest). Music. The Bent Dance!

This reminds me of the first time I finally cleared vMOL. We had been at it for hours (stuck at the Twins wiping over and over) and for some reason I thought our lead was calling it quits for the night so I logged off and took a nap. A few hours later I logged back on and got a group invite. I accepted it without knowing what it was for and port in to see we're still at the Twins. A few more wipes and we finally get past it.

Later I was like "wow, how'd you get everyone back so quick?" and he was like "we've been here all night." O_0

vMOL reminds me a lot of vMA though in that once it finally clicks. It clicks. You might forget the process or get rusty if you haven't been back for a while but for the most part once you're past that learning curve it's fine. But you're right, it just takes one to wipe the entire group but if you've got a good group it can produce some hilarious moments too.
    Edited by morrowjen on January 17, 2022 8:02PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    vMOL is far and away the best trial in my opinion. It was also the last trial that actually took time to clear on Vet, and even more time on HM. There was a time that both the skin and title where very rare sights in Tamriel. Now it's trifecta on patch day.

The Twins are arguably the best boss fight in the entire game. The mechanics are elegant yet punishing and require team work. When that fight is done well, it just feels good. Every boss fight in MOL has a unique flavor. The trash pulls are appropriately difficult but not riddle with random one shots.

Honestly my only real complaint about the trial (and its a minor one) is that Moondancer really never become Meta (other than the 3 piece) for mag DPS. One of those sets that was cool on paper, but never really worked out well in practice.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two answers. Visually, Aetherian Archive is still my fave. Beautiful scenery and lighting and I love the story. From a mechanics perspective I love vet Kyne’s Aegis the most. Good fights that are challenging but achievable by average players.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Hel Ra Citadel
    Hel Ra Citadel, because I can run it on vet without sending in my resume. AA and the recently nerfed SO are also up there for the same reasons.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    Cause the weapons glow...💙
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Halls of Fabrication
    vmol would be obvious pick here so I'd go my second most loved one, can't really pick from those two.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players seem to really dislike Rockgrove, why so?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of aesthetics, I like aetherian archive; in terms of mechanics MOL/HOF/CR; in terms of story, the Crag trials and Sunspire; in terms of voice acting MOL and Sunspire; and for sentimenal reasons: SO, because it was my first HM clear back in the day (with a PUG that took more than 6 hours and people started drinking after the 4 hour mark, lamenting how we couldn't deactivate hard mode, and it turned into a crazy but hilarious run :smiley:). I don't like KA and RG so much, even though aesthetically and mechanically RG is more interesting from the two, but they are less atmospheric and somehow lack the 'charm' of the previous trials.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    Because all 3 dragons are basically the same mechanic. It’s challenging enough to feel good about completing it on vet yet doable with many groups.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None, at least to me its the part of the game that interests me less than even PVP and I mostly play PVE.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest
    Seraphayel wrote: »

It's long and tedious. Lots of add pulls. I get bored when it's three thousand adds.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj

I like rockgrove a lot. Just not as impressive as other options. Like sunspire I get to slay dragons. The villian aren't as impressive in rockgrove visually nor narration. I can still hear olorime in my head.

Edit while I love it. Most people hate murkmire environment for some reason. Most popular trial gear wise though
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 18, 2022 8:24AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj

Voice acting and animations. Nothing compares to sunsetters in other trials. Then the bosses entrances are just impressive visually
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Halls of Fabrication

Don't think it's a dislike. It's the most recent one so there's yet to be a generation of players for whom it was their first or most memorable one.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is a trial?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    MoL, Sunspire and Cloudrest are all very enjoyable.
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    the first dlc trial, with the best trial skin of the game. The subsequent ones are boring, with the last 2 (vka and vrg) being pure *****
    Edited by caesarvs on January 18, 2022 2:35PM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj
    I did Maw of Lorkhaj once back in the day, when you could cheese it by scaling the levels down. That one looked neat I guess.

As far as the others, I wouldn't know because I've never been inside.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!