Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ZOS make Dungeons more rewarding?

Torasi
Torasi
✭✭
It seems that ZOS has nerfed the Dungeon reward system and in my opinion that just seems unnecessary, but then again I may be over looking how bad the abuse of the system was.
Edited by Torasi on April 29, 2014 1:45PM
"Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"

Should ZOS make Dungeons more rewarding? 94 votes

Yes
81%
ZOS_RidoutK_M_K_ESOkewlTalonVectorMetalhead92787_ESOfrwinters_ESOMaverick827VolkothGamePlayer7reagen_lionelstryderzzAarenZalathormhartzel3566nick_huberb16_ESOcbartel87b16_ESOxMovingTargetAndy22karstenb16_ESO7Groon_ESO 77 votes
No
18%
LoreRunnerdannymcgr81b14_ESOKroinThombordumboPuncheArreyanneWifeaggro13RangerChadleidanastishaPQMarineIthugAllyahDrezzdinreggieleeAudigy 17 votes
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, however... I feel that they could make the dungeons more rewarding, by making them more interesting, with more things to do in them. There are a small handful of dungeons where there is a lot going on in them, but most of them are just an underground circle with some mobs in them and a bad guy at the end.

As for loot, I think they would need to buff the dungeons for better loot, as it stands with the exception of the dungeons with group elements, they are pretty weak.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd be happy if they quests were repeatable at least.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This poll shouldn't even need to be made .. this should be a no brainer. Seriously ESO, what the **** are you thinking? This is one of the dumbest decisions any MMO has ever made IMO.
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Should it be? No. Could it be improved? Yes.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    No
    No not really, or lets say so atleast 1 item and im ok i dont need items from every boss. The system right know can be frustrading when you get no blue items from bosses, had 2 runs yesterday where i got nothing.
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    No
    No more loot, just place more "elite" mob and give more XP pls.. for killing mobs.
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • fullforce
    fullforce
    Yes
    Ya I don't get the getting no xp for killing mobs thing. I get xp for killing some stragglers zombie in the public zone but in group dungeons I get squat. Makes me not want to do group dungeons.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think after seeing GW2's loot-for-everyone system instead of the usual need or greed, I appreciate the need or greed more. Just have everyone's loot drop into a pot, and let us share it.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I hate need/greed systems just because everyone needs on everything in pugs. If you're in a guild group it's not a problem. However, a lot of us are cruising through VR content now. Grouping issues with questing make this damn near impossible without relying on pug groups to get stuff done because you're at the same quest point as they are. It's been well stated that there's serious grouping bug/problem in this game. It could literally take 15 minutes just to get the whole group in the correct instance right now.
  • TalonVector
    TalonVector
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The thing is I dont like the need/greed roll thing either, but I do think a need/greed roll should b implemented for the treasure chests to keep the greedy dude from getting them all, and holding up the rest of the group, unless of course every 1 leaves the dungeon cause they dont care about the loot in treasure chests, then I think they should not b rolled on, and go to the person that picks the lock.

But currently it is already hard to get a group for lower lev dungeons, whether u r a tank or healer, or dps, and thats prob got something to do with the lack of being able to level in them, which i would like there to b no leving in them if.... say..... there were set gear drops u could obtain in those dungeons, then by the time u got the whole set it would still b good for u cuase u didnt out lev the set while playing.

currently there is no real reason to run the dungeon more then once, which really sux cause this is an mmo, and should b about getting together for group content.

I am talking about dungeons u know the 1st that u have to group for like spinndleclutch not the open public 1s, i think they r fine, but the LFG dungeons need more viability to give people the reason to do them.

Its crap that the game has been out for 3 weeks, and already no matter what role u r u have a hard time getting a group for low lev dungeons, i dont think that is a population issue, but i do think it is a viability issue, and u can say most peopl r high lev but thats not true either all u have to do to prove that is look in a guild store roster to find out that there r plenty of low levs.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Dungeons should tell the story further, they should not however be the income for the best loot or xp.

WOW made that mistake, people only do dungeons all day and nothing else.

In my opinion a dungeon could teach you a new craft recipe or you learn about a new motfit or you get a skill point / new ability - but items should not be the reason why dungeons exist.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Let me clarify my response. Public dungeons need to die in a fire. Instanced group dungeons need great loot. Or they need to nerf the amount of blues and purples that drop in the world. Its ridiculous how many there are. It feels like a dungeon crawler that has massive amounts of loot.

Dungeons need to be meaningful. Currently, they are not. You can skip them all together while leveling and not miss a thing besides a skill point. Greens and blues are very similar in power, so there is very little significance to having them. Just keep leveling and equip the green drops as you can use them.

Thats also why nobody buys epics from the auction houses unless they are being basically given away.
  • Metalhead92787_ESO
    Metalhead92787_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    yes - I want to see more elite mobs- More reason to bring a proper group... Im not in the V ranks yet but im seeing some people say that Tanks are unnecessary and some say they are totally needed...

I dont want that to happen. I want the holy trinity in this game. I want Hard dungeons that require cooperation...that require DPS to work together to CC mobs. Kill orders, strategy.

I also want there to be more reason to run dungeons, more exp per mob. Currently there isnt much reason to do dungeons after the initial run.
  • karstenb16_ESO7
    karstenb16_ESO7
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    YES. As it stands there is little to no incentive to do a group dungeon more than once. While this concept works fine for a single player game it makes no sense in a multiplayer game.

Where is the incentive or even requirement to form groups and build communities? Does it start at the "end game"? If so, that's bad design imho.

• BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.
    The loot needs to be better.
    Last game I played certain dungeons you could only do once per day.
    If they are worried about farming too much loot, then at least make the loot worthwhile and put a timer on how many times you can replay it at "max loot level"
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no tho I was on the fence, I wish you could get the quest again so you can not feel like some blind spare wheel if you want to run it again for guildies who need a hand.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • thomas.manzellaub17_ESO
    Yes
    Audigy wrote: »
    Dungeons should tell the story further, they should not however be the income for the best loot or xp.

And some people like that. Just like some people like questing...

Play as you want... HAH!
  • K_M_K_ESO
    K_M_K_ESO
    Yes
    I voted yes only because it was fine the way it was until today's nerf.
  • Dovel
    Dovel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, of course.

There is no reason to do a Dungeon more than once. Especially as a Tank. By the end of a Dungeon run, without any deaths, my armor is shot from all the Tanking damage.

As it is now a dungeon gives very little to no loot, no xp, and I get a high repair bill. So I do the Dungeon only once. Get the achievement, get the skill point, and never return.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

In my opinion a dungeon could teach you a new craft recipe or you learn about a new motfit or you get a skill point / new ability - but items should not be the reason why dungeons exist.

You are so right ... look at all the mistakes WoW made ... that's why they failed so quickly and haven't dominated the market for years and years ...... oh wait. Get frakkin real man! I don't like WoW anymore but I played it back in the day and saying dungeons was a bad thing for that game is remarkably stupid.
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Yes
    A reason to run them would be nice. after running once and getting the quest reward which may or may not be good for you, there is no reason to run it again. The loot table is horrendous in the instanced dungeons...and the public dungeons just got ruined this patch. It's going to be another SWTOR game for me...beat the main story and /quit sub. RIP TESO
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Heck yes they should, it's all about the rewards and LOOT! Like someone else asked...
    What's the point?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Volkoth
    Volkoth
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Badh0rse wrote: »

You are so right ... look at all the mistakes WoW made ... that's why they failed so quickly and haven't dominated the market for years and years ...... oh wait. Get frakkin real man! I don't like WoW anymore but I played it back in the day and saying dungeons was a bad thing for that game is remarkably stupid.

Playing an MMO is about what is fun for YOU. If you want to craft all day, thats awesome, for YOU. You should be able to gather and craft how you want and when you want. I find running dungeons and getting loot fun, amazingly fun in fact. Now I've made this statement before and gotten the statement back "well go play wow", No, I say to you this, If you want story go play SWTOR, let me have my loot the way it was lol. I'm not saying that to be ugly, but to make a point. everyone wants something out of playing an MMO and we as customers should get, overall, what we want without sacrificing what others want. The loot system was fine as it was before this patch, and the dungeon loot in instances could be better. If you don't want to give us things better than crafted gear, then give us several white pieces to deconstruct and get mats from. Tie it all together.

• Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Volkoth wrote: »
    Badh0rse wrote: »

Playing an MMO is about what is fun for YOU. If you want to craft all day, thats awesome, for YOU. You should be able to gather and craft how you want and when you want. I find running dungeons and getting loot fun, amazingly fun in fact. Now I've made this statement before and gotten the statement back "well go play wow", No, I say to you this, If you want story go play SWTOR, let me have my loot the way it was lol. I'm not saying that to be ugly, but to make a point. everyone wants something out of playing an MMO and we as customers should get, overall, what we want without sacrificing what others want. The loot system was fine as it was before this patch, and the dungeon loot in instances could be better. If you don't want to give us things better than crafted gear, then give us several white pieces to deconstruct and get mats from. Tie it all together.

Hmmmmmm Well, you sir have stumped me. I have absolutely no idea why you have quoted me here. Did I miss something?

edit: For the record I would like to state that every players favorite form of leveling should be viable unless it specifically ruins the game for a large percentage of the population. Crafters, Dungeoniers, Questers, PvP, Grinders, etc . UNITE! Fight for "leveling equality"!
    Edited by Badh0rse on May 1, 2014 1:34AM