The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Mad God’s Bargain: Missing reward?

Theros
Theros
✭✭✭
Hi there,
In this quest: Mad God’s Bargain i select... [cont in spoiler]
Save Valaste and Shalidor give me "the ability to remember all books/scrolls/etc." what's this?! Is one item? One skill? What is it?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open your Journal, then choose Lore Library and scroll to Eidetic Memory section.
    PC NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Eidetic Memory is a new section in the Lore Library. Rather than just the "purple" glowing lorebooks, your Lore Library now has every book you've ever read. See The Arch-Mage's Boon for details.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also FYI, you get the eidetic memory section regardless which option you choose

letting valaste go with uncle sheo is +2 skill pts, where saving her basically does nothing for you outside of it being the morally good choice

there is a similar choice at the end of the clockwork city questline, where you can save someone or put them out of misery, one option gives 100% xp scroll and other gives 150% xp scroll (its been a few years since i did this so i dont remember which option gives which scroll)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also FYI, you get the eidetic memory section regardless which option you choose

letting valaste go with uncle sheo is +2 skill pts, where saving her basically does nothing for you outside of it being the morally good choice

there is a similar choice at the end of the clockwork city questline, where you can save someone or put them out of misery, one option gives 100% xp scroll and other gives 150% xp scroll (its been a few years since i did this so i dont remember which option gives which scroll)
    That's arguable about it being the morally good choice. I chose to let Valaste go with Sheogorath because it seemed the better choice for her.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always send her off with Uncle Sheo, no regrets
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always saved her, but now with how crazy the world has become it is ME who wants to go off with Uncle Sheo so now I’m second guessing that choice 🤪
    Edited by Elvenheart on January 16, 2022 10:43AM