The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuck on Completion of Wrothgar Grand Adventurer achievement

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
What the title says. Tried searching this forum for help but no avail. My character is stuck on 37/50 quests. One of these quests is the final museum quest you get from the curator. But you can't get this until you complete the Hero of Wrothgar achievement (which requires Grand Adventurer first).

Dallies for Overland/Delve bosses apparently don't count to this achievement. And I can't find any of those blasted old Orcs who apparently crave an honorable Kligon death to slay. I've done just about all the side quests I could find in this zone (minus the Old Orcs one) and so completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated. There seems to be at least 3 costumes you get from just getting this achievement alone :\
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    Grand adventurer should only require 40 quests. The first time you do each delve and world boss daily should count towards that achievement. As far as I know the killing of the old orcs do not count, as I have not completed that achievement and still got 40 quests.

You should have at least:
    13 Main quests
    15 POI quests
    2 Public dungeon quests
    12 Quests from the wb/delve dailies
    6 Delve quests
    1 Normal Maelstrom arena quest
    1 Veteran Maelstrom arena quest

UESP shows even more quests here
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick follow up and the USEP link. I've been using USEP (very frantically) for a good while now. Lol. Problem is I played Orsinium when it first came out. Completed the MQ & did some 99% of the side/free roam quests years ago. So that's why this has been so damned hard to get this achievement completed few years later. I literally had to parse the Wrothgar quest list on USEP and track down NPCs/objects where they were (or were not) supposed to be based on quest completion or not.

btw: you DON"T need to complete Maelstrom on either level to earn this achievement. This is just heads up for PvE non Arena/Trial focused ppl like me who's rather be off questing v. survival minigames in an arena.

Took me 6 hrs to finally find 3 independent side quests I didn't realize existed lol. So now I just got the Museum curator's final quest to unlock the costumes. ZoS really went to great extremes in hiding away NPCs when they created this DLC zone. >,<
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on January 15, 2022 3:39AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick follow up and the USEP link. I've been using USEP (very frantically) for a good while now. Lol. Problem is I played Orsinium when it first came out. Completed the MQ & did some 99% of the side/free roam quests years ago. So that's why this has been so damned hard to get this achievement completed few years later. I literally had to parse the Wrothgar quest list on USEP and track down NPCs/objects where they were (or were not) supposed to be based on quest completion or not.

btw: you DON"T need to complete Maelstrom on either level to earn this achievement. This is just heads up for PvE non Arena/Trial focused ppl like me who's rather be off questing v. survival minigames in an arena.

Took me 6 hrs to finally find 3 independent side quests I didn't realize existed lol. So now I just got the Museum curator's final quest to unlock the costumes. ZoS really went to great extremes in hiding away NPCs when they created this DLC zone. >,<

@KyleTheYounger I did wrothgar when I came out and found it smooth / systematic so think it more a product of you start / stopping and you out of sequence. The Museum bit had multiple parts I recall that, if I'm honnest I did it all guide free then went back later on a different toon and used UESP and it was pretty straightforward but that's was years back.

I'd say go over it again and ensurenure you got the sequence right
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    ^^
    Yeah. I did this. But as mentioned missed a not so obvious quest (the one where you need to help out that total fail of a Dark Elf adventurer stuck in a dragur tomb). Easy to miss as the Orc village is really just a small rag tag band of anti Kurog outcasts living outside a ruin. And if you're not close enough to the Orc NPC female (or the Nord NPC who's his assistant just outside the tomb), you won't see the quest icon on the navigation bar. Anyhow it turns out that quest spans multiple DLCs (i.e. goes from Wrothgar to Morrowind etc). So made mistake of tracking him to other DLC zones. Only to find out it didn't count lol.

And the other missing ones were totally off the beaten path. e.g. helping that Artist Bosmer in the museum. This one was the perfect example of how you can miss out on doing side quests when NPCs can spawn in different locations (depending on where you're in the MQ story). So again if you're not within the NPC's vicinity (which toggles their quest icon visibility in the HUD nav bar) when at the Orc stronghold, then you're likely going to miss ever encountering him. That particular NPC hangs out at either the stables or inside the tavern. And respawns inside the museum for a final cutscene if you've completed the quest. Then permanently de-spawns from the game afterwards. So even if I HAD completed that quest years before, I'd never be able to verify if I'd done this quest earlier for achievement purposes. Because unfortunately, this particular quest was designed to spawn the quest NPC in several locations. Then permanently remove said NPC from game after you complete it >,<