The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran mode for quests?

NightwindArcher
Hello ESO team! :)

I don't know how difficult this would be to implement... it may even be impossible? I was thinking it would be a really cool idea to have a veteran mode for quests.

The lore and story in ESO is top notch in my opinion. The best questing across any MMO out there! I really do love it. However, sometimes the big baddie at the end of the quest can be too easy to defeat. Many times the quest talks up how powerful a certain enemy is but that boss at the end of the quest ends up being a very easy fight.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could chose to do a quest on veteran difficulty? Where enemies are scaled up and are harder to kill?

I don't know if this is practical but it sure would be great! Thanks for listening! :)
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 13, 2022 2:15PM
Eyes of the Forest - Stamina Nightblade Bow Bow build
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get your point about scary boss stories that took 1 min to defeat, but I guess this is geared towards very new players who often spend more time questing and know little about builds etc.

When i first started, I didnt even care about gear and just loved questing and found some bosses so hard I had to initially abandon those quests - Now, I can literally do a couple of heavy attacks and kill those on my HA build.
  • NightwindArcher
    Well... I would hope that quests aren't only geared toward very new players. Questing is my favorite thing to do and I have about 4000 hours in the game :)
    Eyes of the Forest - Stamina Nightblade Bow Bow build
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can put this suggestion in the official 'Overland Content Feedback Thread'.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590162/overland-content-feedback-thread/p1
    PC NA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed it was stated recently that feedback would be taken further to the team and compiled so it's about time to give the feedback as there's a chance (a high one) that it's the last time we can be heard at least in some departments.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hi there!

We already have an existing thread for suggestions and feedback on overland content, which can be found here. Please feel free to direct any comments to the existing thread.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.