Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No acces to game and web site anymore after Crownstore bug

Numil
Numil
✭✭✭
Hello,

This post is intended for both ESO @community_manager , and ESO players.

Maybe some of you could help me, I tried to connect to the game on friday evening without success, I double checked my login ID and password and could neither log into the game, nor the official website of ESO.

I received an email that my ESO+ subscription has been canceled, an action I never took. I never received an email about getting banned or suspended.

All of this happened after a bug with the ESO crown store, when I tried to buy crowns for 15 euros via PayPal. I was unsuccessful and got an error message. After not having received my crowns all day, I requested a refund from PayPal, since the money was taken, but the crowns were never received. The next day I noticed the crowns were added to my in-game account ingame.

I would like to know the reason for my ban/suspension, so I’m wondering if this could be the reason. In which case I don’t think I'm responsible, since the crown store gave me an error message, so I thought the transaction didn’t go through properly. (Screenshot with the error message: 1641757212-bug-crownstore-eso.png).

I would like the elderscrolls team to help me solve the problem, I have 7+ years on this game, a lot of CP, and a lot of time/money invested into the game. The ESO team has failed to respond to any tickets asking the reason for my ban etc. I am, of course, ready to reimburse the sum of 15 euros if this is the reason for my current suspension, since I meant to buy the crowns and in no way exploit a money withdrawal for free crowns.

I’m posting this on the forum, cause I have no clue how to solve the issue anymore, I have already sent 2 tickets to Bethesda, and to this day still remain without news on the situation, or even a reason for my suspension, or recognition of my ticket being read or worked on.

For clarification for the ESO team, my @userID is: Lordhelllsing
Edited by Numil on January 9, 2022 7:58PM

illusion guild
Grand overlord Numilgrod mag sorc AD
Grand overlord Dulandar mag templar AD
Overlord Lennael Hellsing mag nb AD
Palatine Ychindar dk AD

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reversal or dispute of a game purchase results in an immediate block from Microsoft Zenimax. I assume they do this to stop people scamming crowns and then gifting them off and causing further problems.

You don't say how many days ago you filed the ticket - don't expect a rapid response. Also if you update the ticket their handling system is also buggy and moves you to the back of their queue each time.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Numil

What is your current support ticket number?

We can check on the status and look into what is being done with your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reversal or dispute of a game purchase results in an immediate block from Microsoft Zenimax. I assume they do this to stop people scamming crowns and then gifting them off and causing further problems.

You don't say how many days ago you filed the ticket - don't expect a rapid response. Also if you update the ticket their handling system is also buggy and moves you to the back of their queue each time.

I'll echo this comment. Any time you reverse any charge, your account will be locked ASAP. It doesn't matter if you didn't get the item you spent money on. As mentioned, it's likely a safety precaution to prevent abuse. However, it's not clearly stated anywhere that this will be the outcome and it's not always easy to reverse the account locking. Hopefully ZOS can help out.
  • Numil
    Numil
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE my current ticket number : 220110-002276 on bethesda.

But they answered me i need to out the bank autorisation. But to be honest i don't understand, i did't make out the bank autorisation from my bank, Zenimax get my money from eso+ 3 days before ban me and they didn't got trouble to got the money for the eso+ for this month.

The bug i got with crown store given me the impression it was a bug, and so i didn't get my crown i bought. But on paypal it show i pay for it, so i use the system from paypal to cancel it ( litig).

Unfortunatly i got crown may be the next day or more than 1 day after that( don't remember correctly).

For my point of view i receive so the crown wihtout pay cause of the bug, i should pay again the 15,74 euros again but i can't cause i don't have acces to my account.

yesterday i call paypal and they told me in fact they pay for me cause they understood the litig was not good and they give reason to the website, on phone they told me they pay for me cause they wanted give satisfaction cause i m good client for them.

I don't know finally it they really did it of course, they call me they gona start a more deep investigation about what happened and what they did.

I don't know it seem for bad bug i will never get back my account.

Again i m up to pay and give back the 15,74euro i have to pay to zenimax cause i receive the crown but i don't know how to do that wihtout use the official web site. Isn't a other way to fix the balance of my account ? For my perspective on most of bill u have to pay u can still pay by card even if u got issue for ex phone company give you service back by paying them again by card. Is there not a way to do that to fix my account?

( sorry for bad english this is not my mother tongue :/)

illusion guild
    Grand overlord Numilgrod mag sorc AD
    Grand overlord Dulandar mag templar AD
    Overlord Lennael Hellsing mag nb AD
    Palatine Ychindar dk AD

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Numil

Thank you for the ticket number. We've sent you a forum PM with the latest update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post