The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Attack damage on destro - what determines it?

StackonClown
StackonClown
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all!

In the current patch how is ha attack damage on a destro determined please?
If max mag and spell damage are both offensive stats how can these been compared?

Can k just stack one of them in a min max build?

Tyty
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really needs to update the tooltips.

Light and Heavy attacks regardless of weapon type scale off the highest of your offensive stats. Have more max stam and weapon damage than max mag and spell damage? It'll scale off the higher combined stats and ignore the other regardless of weapon equipped.

And yes it takes max magicka and spell damage and combines them to get offensive power. Every 10.5 max magicka is roughly equal to 1 spell damage, but it's easier to stack spell damage than it is to stack max magicka after ZOS did all these hybridization changes. Keep in mind magical damage shields still scale off max magicka exclusively.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 11, 2022 3:21AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev has provided the 10.5:1 ratio. It has been that way since the game launched from what I have been told.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, but I still cant reconcile a seeming contradiction:

I mean is it really the highest (i.e. 1 stat only) or a combination of 2 stats ??

i.e. (1)
    "Light and Heavy attacks regardless of weapon type scale off *the highest* of your offensive stats"

versus:

i.e. (2)
    yes it takes max magicka and spell damage and *combines* them to get offensive power

then which is it ??
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, but I still cant reconcile a seeming contradiction:

I mean is it really the highest (i.e. 1 stat only) or a combination of 2 stats ??

i.e. (1)
    "Light and Heavy attacks regardless of weapon type scale off *the highest* of your offensive stats"

versus:

i.e. (2)
    yes it takes max magicka and spell damage and *combines* them to get offensive power

then which is it ??

Max Magicka and Spell Damage go together.

Max Stamina and Weapon Damage go together.

Whichever of those pairs is higher is what it uses.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 11, 2022 5:35AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok ! Got it now 😁ty ty