The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you enter Coldharbour without main quest?

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
I think not, at least I've not been able to find a way so far, but if anyone is more savvy, the advice would be welcome.
After countless times (6k+ hrs in game) I'm really fed up with the Harborage quest...
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope I'm not asking a dumb question: if you're getting constant reminders from NPCs about the Harborage quest, can't you just select the quest and abandon it?

Apologies if I misunderstood what you needed.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can jump to a friend or guild mate who is in Cold Harbour to get the wayshrines, but you can’t go to the north of the region without doing the main quest.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on January 9, 2022 7:03PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't supposed to be able to perhaps but you can get to everything but the final main story story specific pieces

Edited by etchedpixels on January 9, 2022 12:59PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are a couple wayshrines in the upper section of coldharbour you could port to someone at (so you could do all of the regular zone content without having done the harborage quests)

you still have to do all of the stuff in coldharbour to actually finish the last mission of the harborage quest line

lore wise, if you discount porting to other players, you cannot get to coldharbour until you finish the 5th harborage quest (the one on the island of stirk, with the 6th one being granted after you get to coldharbour but cant complete until you basically complete the zone of coldharbour)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless your grouped with someone who is already there, then no, and I absolutley like it that way, and hope it is never changed.
    it's pretty much the most peaceful place in the entire game, no purify spamfests, & no constant dueling, and a good place to harvest mats

imo, it's just missing a statue to honour King Laloriaran Dynar, it's perfect otherwise
    Edited by Blinx on January 10, 2022 10:21PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure the current state of things, but originally we could jump to wayshrines nearest another player (either grouped, in friends list or in a guild) but at some point that was disabled -- when you try to port to a shrine you didn't have access to it would send you to one you did.

Then from zone chat, a workaround was found where if the other player goes into a delve in Coldharbour, *then* you can port to them successfully into that delve, and you're free to walk over to any wayshrine near that delve yourself.

I have not tested this in many months though. Maybe they restored the ability to go to the nearest wayshrine, maybe they removed the workaround about porting to a delve instead of the nearest wayshrine.
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one other option i also forgot about to get to coldharbour quickly would be if you had the house there (coldharbour surreal estate), this can be purchased for gold on a toon that has completed the harborage questline (1 mil gold i think, cheaper than other notable houses)

if you have the house just port outside of it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you mates, all the suggestions above I find useful and kindly given.