The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Dark Sharde Rework

Maniakil1
Maniakil1
Soul Shriven
Can we please after 4 years of filing tickets get a rework on the Night Blade's Dark shade skill so that it is properly voiced, sexed, and raced. It is a generic male and is in no way a shade (shadow copy of yourself) at all. I main a Night Blade and I can no longer use this skill it is so bad. My female Dark Elf should not summon a grunting male what I believe to be a Redguard. It should also copy your character's current appearance (outfit and hairstyle/helmet), but I will take anything closer and more believable over what it is now. This is so lore-breaking for me.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, that's never bothered me but from a lore standpoint. Eh, the lore doesn't bug me so much because Shadow magic involves summoning alternate realties of yourself technically.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is one of my favorite skills thematically. My argonian woman summons an argonian man. I'd rather have the same gender than the same race if anything, but yeah. I would love an update
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Also it could be nice if the shade doesn’t automatically aggro and jump back into a fight that was stopped earlier
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the shade simply wasn’t voiced then I don’t think gender would be a issue, or at least it wouldn’t for me. It’s weird to have a yelling grunting shadow, no? I don’t need it to be detailed and actually match my character (although that could be cool too) but the yells are a bit distracting and have sometimes made think there was another enemy attacking! :sweat_smile:
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will agree it'd be nice if the Shade got the Cloudrest effect where the shadow inherits race and gender while staying a bit featureless. I don't really play Nightblade but I think it'd be very nice like when we got a male and female version of the Blood Scion. It was a nice touch I'd love to see here as well, and we know it's possible thanks to Cloudrest. ZOS didn't need to make our shadows in that trial have our race and gender, but they did it anyways.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the shade simply wasn’t voiced then I don’t think gender would be a issue, or at least it wouldn’t for me.

for me it's also that the shade looks really outdated. The armor the shade wears is an old motif and it just stands straight up like a doof. It makes sense since it's a very old skill, but yeah
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Maniakil1
    Maniakil1
    Soul Shriven
    The Cloudrest shade would be an amazing fix. As far as the voice of the shade, I do like the voice idea but it being a male grunting does not work. There has got to be a simple way to just make it the same voice as your character. This skill is off my bars otherwise. The only other thing I can suggest but I don't even want to because the shade idea plays so well into the Nightblade and would make it a lot better if it was fixed is to change the skill. Dark Warrior or something that does not go into detail about it being a shadow copy of yourself. The NIghtblade has nothing to make them feel special that you can summon other than Dark Shade and I do not want to see it taken away but rather improved greatly.