The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frequent Load Screens During Event

step9372
step9372
✭✭✭
Ever since the event dropped, been having very frequent load screens. more often in high population areas associated with the event, but also in random other places. Sometimes I will have 3 load screens in a row while walking across a city.

Is it just the server pushing me to different instances or is it a sign of a bad connection to the server? It's driving me crazy. haven't seen anything this bad since the constant load screens in Craglorn a while back.

Any info/advice/workarounds would be appreciated. thanks
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 2, 2022 8:52PM
PC NA. Arrived in Tamriel April 2017. CP2500+. 13 Characters. Housing addict.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We recommend the connection troubleshooting linked below as a starting point for helping with these loading screen issues.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • step9372
    step9372
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update in case anyone else has a similar issue...

After extensive investigation, it turns out it wasn't my internet connection at all but rather it was my Samsung SSD!

After updating the firmware for the device, all my extra load screens disappeared and all the input lag that I had been experiencing for years magically disappeared. I am one happy camper! :)
    PC NA. Arrived in Tamriel April 2017. CP2500+. 13 Characters. Housing addict.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear that updating firmware on the SSD has resolved the latency issues. We will now close this discussion from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.