Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS without the Story Quests

caindele
caindele
✭✭
Would it be possible to have the PTS without the main story quests or any of the quests for that matter unless they need to be tested for some reason? Also, is there a way to maybe leave out some of the veteran or hard mode mechanics out? This way there aren't a bunch of guides out before anyone really gets to play the game. FFXIV doesn't even have a PTS, but I understand the need for one for most games. My suggestion is to just help preserve that sense of discovery and wonder when you don't know what the devs have up their sleeve. I know I could ignore the internet, but that is really hard to do in this day and age. Anyway, just a suggestion.

My apologies if PTS is already built this way....I have stayed away from it as much as I can, but just wanted get the suggestion out there, just in case.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS is for bug testing and balance testing, primarily. ZOS identifies and fixes a ton of bugs and other issues with the new quests during the PTS testing. They also use PC players as their guinea pigs for balancing the dungeon and trial encounters.

I realize it's always a little funny when PC gets their trial clears within hours of launch, but that's how the Devs use the PTS.

Now, you can use the PTS and ignore all that (and ignore the guides, to boot.) When I used the PTS during Summerset, I was testing stuff like jewelry crafting, fishing, and jewelry mats drop rates. The only thing that required me to do the quests was that I wanted to make sure I understood how to get the Psijic Order skill line, so I did the first zone quest and no further.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite often, new content breaks original quests. Usually when they assign an existing NPC a new story or location or quest.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    People do test the quests in pts, say if they can’t progress, need adjustments so yeah, like movies just avoid spoilers if you really don’t want to get spoiled.
    Edited by NerfSeige on December 29, 2021 3:04AM
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • caindele
    caindele
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Quite often, new content breaks original quests. Usually when they assign an existing NPC a new story or location or quest.

That is a good point, just wish there was a way that they could "hide" the story because with the internet it isn't easy to avoid spoilers.

Thanks.