The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you gimping yourself by not using proc damage/healing sets?

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I typically only use stat-based sets. Meaning I only use sets that give me stats and most of them don't need to be procced. But I know that some prefer sets deal damage and/or heal when they proc. I play both PVE and PVP so I think a lot about how often I'm gimping myself if I'm not using those mentioned proc damage/healing sets. For example, on my sorcerer I'm wearing Slimecraw, Julianos, and Treasure Hunter. All stats with 100% uptime. But maybe I could deal more burst if I used Deadlands Assassin or Vateshran weapns. What do you think? Is not using proc damage/healing sets gimping yourself?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm PvE-only. I don't do trials. Any time I do the arithmetic, the difference between good damage sets is pretty small.

That said, proc sets commonly have one big advantage over pure stat sets -- you can get, or almost get, the full benefit while having 5 pieces active only on one bar. For example, Burning Spellweave competes very well with Julianos, and you only need it on one bar.

THAT said, farming the needed weapon to single-bar the dungeon set of your choice can be a pain. Still, that leaves:
    • Mechanical Acuity (crafted).
    • Mad Tinkerer for magicka soloing (the stun is always a good thing and never a bad one if you're playing alone).
    • A lot of stamina choices, some of which will double-drop during the upcoming Tribunal event.
    • Surely others that I'm not now thinking of.

And swapping out a double-barred set for an equivalent or better single-barred one allows you to add in a Maelstrom weapon with no trade-off.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stat based proc sets are probably the best ones to go for since they carry over bars and let you do advanced builds far better than raw stat sets like Julianos, New Moon Acolyte, and the like. Some stat sets like War Maidens are useful, but due to just how bloated the stats they give are, but one thing is for certain if you're going to run an arena weapon, mythic, or some other kind of set for it's effect that's active on one bar the proc based sets allow you to keep a pretty high stat density for a time.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Stat based proc sets are probably the best ones to go for since they carry over bars and let you do advanced builds far better than raw stat sets like Julianos, New Moon Acolyte, and the like. Some stat sets like War Maidens are useful, but due to just how bloated the stats they give are, but one thing is for certain if you're going to run an arena weapon, mythic, or some other kind of set for it's effect that's active on one bar the proc based sets allow you to keep a pretty high stat density for a time.

Unless it’s trial specific content I like to run around with Yandir on the front bar for the 410 weapon and spell damage with full stacks and then whatever specific set boosts my stats the most on the body depending on class. Magplar I will have war maiden, Magcro in catalyst (no kilt) with 2pc slimecraw, MagDK in Zen, magblade in acuity, and Stamden in pillar of nirn.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back bar 5 set, front bar 5 set, 1 trainee, 1 mythic, monster set.
    For example, back bar wretched vitality. Proc it with race against time. It is better than amberplasm for sustain but you don't need it on both bars. Then front bar set can be something that carries over to the other bar such as burning spell weave, ravager, etc.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden