The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Increase the loot chance for Heartwood.

dragonlord500
dragonlord500
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says heartwood is the rarest furnishing material and now the most expensive. I'm asking for heartwood loot chance to be equal to all other furnishing material that you farm from resource nodes. Right now people can't quite enjoy the event because a lot of the Deep winter crafting writs require to use heartwood as a material in order to finish it and I don't mean little heartwood I mean a full days worth of heartwood after grinding it for over 5 hours.
Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes you think that Heartwood has a lower drop chance than Regulus or Mundane Rune when harvesting? Do you have the data for that assumption? I'd be very interested in seeing it.

The event writs are definitely an issue at the moment, but there are alternatives to get the skin. Do the provisioning writs or the furnishing writs that don't require heartwood. Simply trash the "trapped" writs. Never feel like you have to do a writ just because you have it. In the case of these event writs requiring heartwood, the best thing you can do is destroy them.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well so far I've gotten more Regulus from ore nodes than I have Heartwood that's a fact. I don't need data when the facts speak from them selves. even now I'm on bleakrock and I've gotten a lot of Regulus more than heartwood and that's from 100 nodes.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now I have 1000 Rough Ruby Ash and 13 heartwood total.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data and facts in this case have the same meaning.

100 nodes means you have a pretty large margin of error. RNG is after all random. You can flip a coin 100 times and get 60 heads and 40 tails, and it wouldn't be all that rare (It's about 1 in 95). But flip a coin 1 million times, if you get 600,000 heads and 400,000 tails, now you know your coin is weighted. You just simply can't make a conclusion like that off of 100 nodes. Probability of random events just doesn't work that way.

There are many in this forum who have hundreds of thousands if not millions of nodes collected. While I don't personally keep track of bonus mats received from overland harvesting nodes, I'm sure there's somebody who has. And I'm confident that they would have let us know that they found a statistically significant difference between the drops.

Note: We're not saying that the drop rate isn't bad (in fact a low drop rate will make it more likely to get widely disparate results). Just that there's no evidence that the drop rate is different for heartwood than for other materials.

I've long advocated that the furniture mats should be added to the loot table for surveys from their respective sources.
    Edited by tmbrinks on December 23, 2021 9:38PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before anyone ELSE posts here you people should compare the price of a Stack of Regulus and a stack of Heartwood. There is a solid reason why they are so vastly different.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before anyone ELSE posts here you people should compare the price of a Stack of Regulus and a stack of Heartwood. There is a solid reason why they are so vastly different.

Yup, there is.

Heartwood is used in a ton of desirable furnishing plans.

Regulus is not.

Supply is the same. Demand is much, much higher for Heartwood.
    Edited by tmbrinks on December 23, 2021 9:50PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Price has nothing to do with drop chance compared to other housing mats in this situation. Heartwood is a staple ingredient in housing. Regulus is not. The recent holiday writs have had a massive impact on Heartwood prices as well. Again, this has nothing to do with any difference in drop chance compared to other housing mats. As noted above, your sample size combined with anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Collect more data. Thousands of nodes. Then come back with that data showing different drop rates and that will mean something.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ill rest my case now. nothing is going change anyway.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Seeing as this thread has run its course, we have decided to go ahead and close it down. We appreciate your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.