Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gear drops help

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
For weeks I have been trying to get a Silks of the Sun shoulder piece to drop and no guild trader is selling them. Can they be crafted and if so if any crafter sees this cand I get a 160cp Rare infused one made? I can tip for it
You can email me in-game at @Kaikura
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an overland set so isn't craftable, shoulders should drop in the public dungeon
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    It's an overland set so isn't craftable, shoulders should drop in the public dungeon

I know but no luck yet. Will keep trying though.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform are you on?
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?

PC NA
    Thank you.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can probably buy it for cheap from a guild trader.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been to all the traders and if I find it it's 300k. Guild trader prices are insane now. This guild trader thing instead of a real-world AH was supposed to stop the inflation. Just another failure here. ZOS never seems to address this.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeon bosses drop shoulders, hands and weapons. (Maybe less now that it's weighted to items you don't have.)

You have a one in three chance. Just do the Public dungeon boss loop. Once you've filled in the other items in those categories, you're bound to have it drop eventually.

It is called a farm for a reason. Bonus odds if you check chests when they spawn, as they typically contain a zone set item.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre farming the public dungeon bosses in the correct zone (stonefalls) and its not dropping for you then check your sticker book. You may be able to craft it yourself.

Just make sure you have researched the correct trait for light shoulders. And yes you will need a bunch of transmute stones but a few random normals and youll have enough.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »

Been to all the traders and if I find it it's 300k. Guild trader prices are insane now. This guild trader thing instead of a real-world AH was supposed to stop the inflation. Just another failure here. ZOS never seems to address this.

WOW. That it insane. Is that for the piece in the trait you want? Hopefully, it is and you could buy a garbage trait shoulder and reconstruct it
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I don't know if you've checked TTC, but I just ran a search and there are plenty of shoulder pieces in off traits listed cheaply that you might want to check out.
  • Bootstomp
    Bootstomp
    ✭✭✭
    Public dungeon bosses drop shoulders, hands and weapons. (Maybe less now that it's weighted to items you don't have.)

You have a one in three chance. Just do the Public dungeon boss loop. Once you've filled in the other items in those categories, you're bound to have it drop eventually.

It is called a farm for a reason. Bonus odds if you check chests when they spawn, as they typically contain a zone set item.

Be sure to bind items as they drop. Curation doesn't recognize items that aren't bound to your account.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have been farming that Crows Woods dungeon for more than a week. And have not got the drop I was looking for. So don't talk to me about farming. I don't play MMOs to keep farming and hoping to get the drop I want. Running around from guild trader to guild trader is also a huge time sink that I do every day and if I find what I want the price is stupid high because of the greed of these traders. So to me, the system is a failure.