The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Convergence trolls running rampant in cyrodiil because set pulls from way outside set range

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
Please ZOS, please, I'm begging you. Please do something about Dark Convergence. If you can't fix it, remove it from the game entirely. If you can't make the set obey the rules you've set forth for the set, then you have to remove it from the game.

There is a rash of DC trolls out there who run around keeps using their DC set to purposefully pull people out of keeps, off the third floor and off their siege. They know the set does not perform as intended so they run around exploiting people all over the place as their main in game activity.

Dark Convergence and ZOS have created a rash of Dark Convergence trolls in cyrodiil who just run around trolling everyone all day and night with their toxic troll set.

This is a real problem ZOS.

If you can't make the set perform as the tool tip says it does please remove the set from the game. Every time the set procs it's an undeniable reminder of how wildly the current ESO devs can miss their mark.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    i dont see any proplem atm with DC. it got nerfed for good and they fixed the range and dmg bugs....
    its a fair set which cant nuke whole groups on its own anymore.

edit:
    its ez blockable so their is a skillbased counter play....
    Edited by Einstein_ on December 19, 2021 4:13PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Einstein_ wrote: »
    i dont see any proplem atm with DC. it got nerfed for good and they fixed the range and dmg bugs....

edit:

They did not fix the range of pull bugginess. It's still pulling from way outside the range the tool tip says it will. It's still doing the things ZOS says it doesn't do.

And the set absolutely IS being used to nuke whole groups.

It's impossible to block in lag because you can't break free from anything reliably in cyrodiil lag.

Please be factual with your posts.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    They did not fix the range of pull bugginess. It's still pulling from way outside the range the tool tip says it will. It's still doing the things ZOS says it doesn't do.

It's impossible to block in lag because you can't break free from anything reliably in cyrodiil lag.

The range isnt bugged, the truth is that Cyro has a big position desync all the time. Which means that your acually position is between 2-5m behind the position you see on your screen. (dependen on lagg and speed)
    That means you think you are out of the aoe, but not for the server or any other player arround you, you arrent

its a Cyro game proplem and not a DC proplem, any AOE skill suffers from this position desync.

And it cant nuke whole groups on its own, it bearly does 8k dmg, ppl use it only for the pull to time that with other dmg....
    and like i said, just block the pull and you fine...

its a uniq set with a skillbased counter....so everything fine. I think Pleagebreak is the bigger proplem then DC.
    Edited by Einstein_ on December 19, 2021 4:28PM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

edit:

It is possible to block the pull, it only pulls outside its radius because of positional desyncs (server thinks you are still inside the aoe while on your screen you are barely outside, it doesnt pull if you stand still at the edge of aoe). Lag causing you to break free 3-4 times happens with alot of stuns and its not because of DC, thats the servers fault. Damage portion of the set is bugged after the nerf and does not scale like it is supposed to, it only does 4-5k damage. However it is used to nuke groups of players, but not directly. Its used to pull them together so they can stack all the other damage abilities on one point and nuke them. So indirectly used to nuke groups, and therefore still used as you said.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull needs to give CC immunity.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »

edit:

It is possible to block the pull, it only pulls outside its radius because of positional desyncs (server thinks you are still inside the aoe while on your screen you are barely outside, it doesnt pull if you stand still at the edge of aoe). Lag causing you to break free 3-4 times happens with alot of stuns and its not because of DC, thats the servers fault. Damage portion of the set is bugged after the nerf and does not scale like it is supposed to, it only does 4-5k damage. However it is used to nuke groups of players, but not directly. Its used to pull them together so they can stack all the other damage abilities on one point and nuke them. So indirectly used to nuke groups, and therefore still used as you said.

I've seen it pull outside even without lag, it def pulls from outside red circle range. But let's say you are 100% correct, they know the performance is still awful so maybe, just maybe they shouldn't have added a set that is so reliant on the very thing their game suffers the most from.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

it does
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

it does

It does not give CC immunity most of the time. Nothing in cyrodiil performs as reliably as you are trying to say DC performs.

I can name 5 DC trolls that are doing nothing these days except trying to troll people off their siege and out of keeps using their DC set. I'm not sure if we should call it exploiting or not, but the DC trolls are exploiting the fact that the DC set does not follow the rules it's tool tip says it does.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should probably find a way to give cc immunity while using siege, since you cant easily do anything else while on the siege and thus prone to being ganked and even cc immune hard to react fast enough to a good ganker when in siege menu (i think this would also resolve a lot of the issues with DC pulling off of siege from the walls)

i think the DC pull from outside its range is the same problem i have being in melee range and feeling i can never hit anyone and the answer is simple position lag/desyncs

you see yourself at position X which appears to be either in range (for dealing melee dmg)/out of range (aoes/procs) for specific things, but the game is actually registering your position at Y, which is actually too far for melee, or inside of the aoe or proc range
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Dcon was outright deleted, would anyone miss it? I wouldn't. It's pretty easy to counter/avoid most of the time, but it adds to the pile of random lag deaths, and only further powers up the already powerful, doing nothing to help pugs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is ONLY used by ball groups now. It doesn't do any damage on its own.

They pull you in and, since no cc immunity, they stun and hit with colossus, VD and graveyard or other synergy.

Due to lag, you can't block in time to prevent pull , since, due to desync, 90% of the time you don't know you are in the radius until you are pulled and stunned. Then you can't move and die to above.
    Also due to lag, countless times when I dodge roll out of the circle, the server does not agree that I am out of the radius, and pulls me in (desync again)

It is a failed, garbage set that exploits the well known deficiencies of ZOS servers, and should be deleted.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Sourced
    • Dark Convergence: The pull from this set now only affects non-Player enemies.

Problem solved.
    Edited by ealdwin on December 21, 2021 2:37AM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my increasingly rare forays into cyro, I've noticed this set seems to be back. I was constantly getting pulled off siege the other night. What I wasn't sure of was why; I didn't think it was a ball group. Felt like a standard siege. Did they change something, did people find a new exploit, or is it just people who didn't get the memo it got nerfed? Or just pure trolling. The hit seemed pretty small. But oh my god it's annoying. Reminded me at least why I don't pvp much anymore. Got out and din't look back.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    On my increasingly rare forays into cyro, I've noticed this set seems to be back. I was constantly getting pulled off siege the other night. What I wasn't sure of was why; I didn't think it was a ball group. Felt like a standard siege. Did they change something, did people find a new exploit, or is it just people who didn't get the memo it got nerfed? Or just pure trolling. The hit seemed pretty small. But oh my god it's annoying. Reminded me at least why I don't pvp much anymore. Got out and din't look back.

Dark Convergence is a troll and ball group mainstay. It was built for trolling and to overpower ball groups. (judging by what it does best)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

I think people realised that the damage was just one element.

Pulling people into a dawnbreaker and eye of the storm dump is another, more powerful element.
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭

edit:

Then why are so many people still running it? Come on dude, let's be intellectually honest here.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether it's working as intended or not but I've gotten out and I've been a victim to some really awesome gankers using it. Sometimes I scream an sometimes I stand in envy and applaud the pure genius of it . 👏 ✌
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't block it while you're pouring oil from the third floor. But you can sure get pulled down to the ground by it.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the comment yesterday and it was good for a laugh, but I think it's totally legitimate.

ZOS says Dark Convergence doesn't do the things it does. So, if we see Dark Convergence pulling people off walls, off the third floor etc., we should just report the players doing that for exploiting. If the set doesn't do those things, then anyone who is using the set in this way is exploiting, and should be reported.

This is my plan going forward. Anyone who is trolling me with Dark Convergence while I'm sieging from a keep will be reported as an exploiter.

Dark Convergence is a continual reminder for all of us as to how radically the devs that are at ZOS now can mess things up. They said the set was designed to combat ball groups. The very first second most saw the set tool tip we knew it would do the opposite, but somehow the devs at ZOS had no idea. It's like they have never PvP in any game ever before.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

They pull you in and, since no cc immunity, they stun and hit with colossus, VD and graveyard or other synergy.

Due to lag, you can't block in time to prevent pull , since, due to desync, 90% of the time you don't know you are in the radius until you are pulled and stunned. Then you can't move and die to above.
    Also due to lag, countless times when I dodge roll out of the circle, the server does not agree that I am out of the radius, and pulls me in (desync again)

It is a failed, garbage set that exploits the well known deficiencies of ZOS servers, and should be deleted.

This set is not *ONLY* used by ball groups. There wasn't a ball group in sight last night on PC NA GH and I was getting yanked all over the place constantly by both the other factions, every other zergling runs this set still and yes, it still yanks players off walls. I will agree it should just go away. While it doesn't wipe groups by itself anymore, it is pretty easy to wipe them with any number of other skills... since they are all in a nice huge pile.

One thing about the range being due to desyncs... if that was the actual case, wouldn't that mean the game would consider half the folks in range of the spell to not be, like it thinks half who are out of range to be in? Oddly, while being yanked in from WELL out of range happens all the time... I have never experienced being able to walk away from it because the game thought I was out of range.... I get pulled 100% of the time if this proc goes off anywhere around me.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

This set is not *ONLY* used by ball groups. There wasn't a ball group in sight last night on PC NA GH and I was getting yanked all over the place constantly by both the other factions, every other zergling runs this set still and yes, it still yanks players off walls. I will agree it should just go away. While it doesn't wipe groups by itself anymore, it is pretty easy to wipe them with any number of other skills... since they are all in a nice huge pile.

One thing about the range being due to desyncs... if that was the actual case, wouldn't that mean the game would consider half the folks in range of the spell to not be, like it thinks half who are out of range to be in? Oddly, while being yanked in from WELL out of range happens all the time... I have never experienced being able to walk away from it because the game thought I was out of range.... I get pulled 100% of the time if this proc goes off anywhere around me.

Video or it didn't happen
    PC EU

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

... Have been to cyrodiil? Genuine question.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

1. Log into Cyrodiil
    2. Find a zerg
    3. There's your video, right there live in front of you.