Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the mount walk eventually turn into a run the more you upgrade mount speed?

Tacit_Knowledge
Tacit_Knowledge
Soul Shriven
I've been upgrading my mount speed and was wondering if the walk mode will turn into a run the more I upgrade? Asking because I do not want to make my mount ridiculously fast and then when toggling on the walk mode it walks really slow. I will keep upgrading the mount speed if the walk turns into a run though. That way if I dislike how fast the mount is becoming I can toggle on walk but the mount will still fun instead of walk if that makes sense. Will just run slower than it would if walk mode is toggled off.

Best Answer

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC here. Maxing your mount speed will increase both the running and walking speed. With maxed mount speed, the walk is very noticeably faster but it is still a walk. I quite like it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Answer ✓
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Only the sprinting will get faster
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a few of them actually look better with the speed up a bit. Other's like the bear look even worse than the 'I think someone sawed a leg off' animation at low speed.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Tacit_Knowledge
    Tacit_Knowledge
    Soul Shriven
    Quite a few of them actually look better with the speed up a bit. Other's like the bear look even worse than the 'I think someone sawed a leg off' animation at low speed.

I do know that in real life there are some horse breeds that can run faster than you'd think. I like to use an armored horse in ESO and in fantasy setting it doesn't look to bad to see it rush to places, with my character needing to lean into the rush. But I have seen people upgrade their horse to go faster than mine and faster than a cheetah and I always thought that looked a bit silly lol. 😂