Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Idea how to fix no tank and no healer in dungeons

ixthUA
ixthUA
✭✭✭✭✭
I got the basic idea from other MMO i am playing.
Boss has a shield that makes it immune to damage. If taunt debuff is applied, shield is broken, but will re-apply itself if taunt debuff is gone.
If player was not healed by group healing skill (skills that heal others, self heals dont count) for X seconds - they begin to lose health every second until they are healed by a group heal (they can use group heal on themselves).
This way someone has to slot taunt, someone has to slot group heal.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my. I don't know if anyone would want to be a healer under those conditions. However, you could still have a group of 3 DDs with a stamplar and drop Repentance or Restoring Focus to get around it.

Kind of like the tank idea though. As long as it comes with a skill that insta-kills DDs who use Inner Fire "To iMPrOvE ThEIr DPS."

I've resigned myself to the fact that if I'm running pugs through Dungeon Finder and I want to guarantee there is a tank, that I have to be the tank
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I frequently run dungeons with friends and depending what they are we will often run with 4 dd's.

That is our choice and our perogative to do so if that's what we want.

This idea negates our choice. And it won't fix fake tank or fake healers, players will just get creative with their builds.

Oh, and I often solo base game normal dungeons, how does that work? I have to slot a taunt and a group heal? Even though I'll have the taunt (as I'm solo) and there is no group to heal?
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these rules should only apply to 4 player PUGs, not solo or premade.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But as premade also use the group finder to go into the dungeon how do you differentiate between a PUG and a premade?
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If queued group had 4 members, drop rules.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its still a big no from me. The coding needed to do this work is bound to mess up the group finder which has enough bugs in it already
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its much easier than reworking every dungeon. When you are not in team, you have 75 energy, each team member reduces energy by 25. When queueing, if energy > 0 then rules will apply.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the other MMO i am playing, there tanks deals 200% damage in melee range and leeches 30% of it as life, but has to parry 1-shots a lot and gets all boss debuffs on themselves (stuns and knockdowns). Other players can stay at range and avoid debuffs and 1-shots.