The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to tell network trouble to the other group mate in dungeon situation?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How to tell network trouble to the other group mate in dungeon situation?

Sometime we lose group mate in dungeon combat situation by the network trouble.
I've seen people who suddenly become "off line" in combat situation many times. And, I also
suffered those type of trouble in dungeon situation. I checked my WWW link condition after link
trouble, but my local network was working perfect, there was no trouble my personal environment.
So, that was definitely server malfunction.

When I got server link trouble in boss fight accidently, I felt huge guilt. Because the other group mate
might feel angry. Or, confused. That wasn't good feeling, right?

Is there any way to tell the unexpected link broken for the other group member?

...Or, please display link trouble flag marking above the player character for telling accident.
(example) "Sorry!! link trouble!". That will be fair.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have prior warning, you can tell your groupmates in chat.

If not, like most of the times I disconnect in dungeons, I just log back in as fast as possible. If they waited for me instead of kicking, then I explain and apologize for the delay.

If they kicked you and you remember their names, you can whisper them to explain if you want. That's not really necessary though.

Most of the time when someone disconnects from a group I'm in its like, "Oh, whelp, that happened." Then we discuss if we want to wait, push ahead, or try to queue for a replacement. It's not usually a big deal.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have prior warning, you can tell your groupmates in chat.

If not, like most of the times I disconnect in dungeons, I just log back in as fast as possible. If they waited for me instead of kicking, then I explain and apologize for the delay.

If they kicked you and you remember their names, you can whisper them to explain if you want. That's not really necessary though.

Most of the time when someone disconnects from a group I'm in its like, "Oh, whelp, that happened." Then we discuss if we want to wait, push ahead, or try to queue for a replacement. It's not usually a big deal.

Thanks for your advice.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most groups will wait a reasonable amount of time if they see "offline," especially in a trial. Only times I have voted to kick someone is if they are offline before entering the dungeon.