Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you prefer CP pvp or NON CP pvp?

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Both, because making a case on which one is better is lame

In general this, I switch between them every few months.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Non cp. More balanced and you can play PVE and pvp effectively after swapping gear and few abilities.

^this :)
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Cp pvp is the way to go

Non cp pvp is kinda tame.. and imo more targeted at the casuals (those who log on once in a blue moon), taking most of the hard work and dedication from building a character and mmr-ing everything to be on even grounds. Just so Johnny Once-in-a-while can match Danny Die-hard (who dedicated countless hours building a character and playing skills off traits etc.

Cp pvp is the pvp proper
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp pvp is the way to go

Non cp pvp is kinda tame.. and imo more targeted at the casuals (those who log on once in a blue moon), taking most of the hard work and dedication from building a character and mmr-ing everything to be on even grounds. Just so Johnny Once-in-a-while can match Danny Die-hard (who dedicated countless hours building a character and playing skills off traits etc.

Cp pvp is the pvp proper

Some of the most hardcore PvP'rs play BG's quite a bit at least on consoles. Not all but SO MANY that run in Cyrodiil wouldn't be having that much fun if it wasn't for the 20 man group they roll with.

I'm not trying to insinuate you zerg but a lot of players get exposed when they drift away and find themselves in a 1v1 situation. BG's can show the pure version of the player in a fast paced intense short battle.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Cp pvp is the way to go

Cp pvp is the pvp proper

Some of the most hardcore PvP'rs play BG's quite a bit at least on consoles. Not all but SO MANY that run in Cyrodiil wouldn't be having that much fun if it wasn't for the 20 man group they roll with.

I'm not trying to insinuate you zerg but a lot of players get exposed when they drift away and find themselves in a 1v1 situation. BG's can show the pure version of the player in a fast paced intense short battle.

I totally understand that. I never can find parties in cryodil me being rather antisocial and all. I also do bgs as a fast way to gain xp. However I find cyrodil to be more challenging to test your build in its purest form.. the bgs mmr corrupts it too much to be a constant on your build
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp pvp is the way to go

Cp pvp is the pvp proper

Danny Die-Hard getting beat by Johnny Once-in-a-while in No-CP, is the best advert for CP being a crutch I've ever seen.

More thought goes into no-CP builds and you have to actually make sacrifices, CP allows you to build for it all before often facing up against players who either can't or haven't.
    Xologamer wrote: »
    cp pvp

u can customize ur charactor more than i no cp and its more convinent to get ur sustain jsut from cps than using sets and than doing no dmg in no cp...

Case and point and you read that kind of response to these discussions all too often.
    Edited by BNOC on September 30, 2019 1:50PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is the place to be.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no CP, more balanced. CP is either one-shot either never-ending.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    @BNOC

I see what you're saying. But doesn't focusing your build to bgs limit you? To only bgs?

I had toons that wrecked bgs but the second they entered cyrodil they would be massacred lol
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BNOC

I see what you're saying. But doesn't focusing your build to bgs limit you? To only bgs?

I had toons that wrecked bgs but the second they entered cyrodil they would be massacred lol

Exactly, because Cyrodil allows you to build for it all whilst you have to make choices in no-CP. You either sacrifice, sustain, damage, mitigation or mobility and are playing against people who have had to make the same choices and are (at the base) as balanced as you.

CP focused builds can have it all in abundance and then face up against guys who couldn't have the same stats even if they wanted because they're not balanced at a base level.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say:

Non-CP = For new Players and the PVE-PVP/RP guys
    CP = For the big boys and Hardcore PVP players

So if want to play safe, Non-CP is the best
    Edited by yRaven on September 30, 2019 2:20PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    shoutout to all the DC on kaal who dont know how to siege

theres nothing more heartwarming to me than 20+ people standing outside a keep circling in place to avoid the siege that isnt being fired at them yet
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is better for small format PVP; CP is better for zergball pvp.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP
    PC
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP PvP

No CP (bg's) always seems to be fotm hoppers, boring to play & watch.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not like no cp Cyrodil, but battlegrounds are great.

Is this also a place to complain about the snipe [snip]? freaking hate that. And there’s some kind of templar build. That makes them shoot electric from fingers like a Sorc overload. It’s Terribad. And overload Sorcs too. So bad. Someone said [snip] for that one. WW in the under 50 BG’s. Also big time offender. The Goliath bash is still kind of a thing also.

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 30, 2019 8:07PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent most of my time in CP but since my guild played in non CP I would jump over there when ever we had a raid, now Its my home

If I ever went back to CP I wouldn't know what to do
  • Gzorbditw
    Gzorbditw
    ✭✭✭
    My only problem with CP pvp is that your locked behind the champion point grind before you realisticly can enter and compete with other players. If you ever watch Kristofereso's Top 5 series you'll notice alot of the 1vX clips are killing low CP players.

I started 4 months ago, jumped into Kaal not knowing much about CP and got rekt and never went back in and much prefer no-cp becuase of this.

My magden build isint far off daft CP level stats though even in non cp
    Edited by Gzorbditw on September 30, 2019 5:37PM
    Bahlokdaan EU memes: https://imgur.com/a/S7jkKzi
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ claiming no cp is more balanced. Nothing in this game is balanced.

No CP is purely a numbers game and siege there is idiotic.

Zerglings would prefer that
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp and cp are both a numbers game.
    Problem with cp is that players take forever to kill, but no cp is only active for a few hours per day.

In cp, a sorc can blink endlessly. I've seen some get at least 100m away from the players in an instant.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent got around to doing PVP in Cyrodil yet and PVP for me is basically Battlegrounds. I hate the fact that most builds on youtube focus on CP pvp and i have trouble finding non CP builds. Battlegrounds is all i know and i like the idea of a quick 15 min fight, with a definitive ending - win og lose.

Im wondering if cyrodil is as much fun and if im maybe missing out on something? I would love to get into Cyrodil but part of me feels like its kinda chaotic and overwhelming. What do you guys enjoy the most?

None CP is superior in my view. CP tends to accentuate flaws in the combat system. So until the base system is corrected CP PvP is likely to just add another layer of frustration or superiority depending on whether or not your play style is favored by the system. It also gives players who are devoted entirely to PvP an edge over those who also invest CP for PvE purposes as well.

But there is a none CP campaign available for Cyrodil. So if you prefer battlegrounds, there is no reason for you to feel like you have to change your build. So I don't understand your predicament.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 30, 2019 8:06PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jump in whichever I can, as it’s usually so busy they are locked.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends, when im doing Imperial City and Cyrodiil I prefer CP and I do the Non CP at Battlegrounds. The fact is that Non CP campaing is empty most of the time and when its not you are basically by yourself vs a whole group taking over.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoid all together
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non-CP. I feel like non-CP is closer to where PvP should be, IMO. If you want something, you have to build for it, you can't just crutch on your CP to carry something you left out of your build.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    non-CP. The fights are quicker & more ferocious.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non-CP.
    Because I can!
  • RockMuscleGaming
    man this is tuff choice.But i go non cp "and it was good back in the day when there still proc gears but now i think its more balance and for new player who doesnt have that higher cp levels"and since your low cp you wanna go play in non cp because who wants go CP pvp Cyro if youre just gonna!and get 1 shotted with 500cp you just gonna die every 5 sec.lol
    And for Vet hardcore pvpers:CP for Pvpers that has high champion point levels and for thoose pvpers that playing this game aince beta or more than 5 years.
    Edited by RockMuscleGaming on December 4, 2021 4:47PM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annnnd, necro’d! Why does this happen? Is it the bad search on the forum?
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.