Maintenance for the week of January 17:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 17
• ESO Website for maintenance – January 18, 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC) – 2:00PM EST (19:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA megaserver for maintenance – January 19, 2:00AM EST (7:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 20, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) – 3:00PM EST (20:00 UTC)

ESO's future (graphics/mechanics) + why the long hiatus from the game

Dhaylen
Dhaylen
✭✭
Background:
Im Gen-X, have 4 adult children...
One who just started (a couple days ago) playing ESO with me.

I started, like many of you, with Beta.
There has been a long hiatus in my play time, as I stopped with Elswyer and just came back to it... so i could play with my daugher)

My time has been preoccupied with games such as:
Red Dead Redemption, Death Stranding, Diablo 3, WoW, GW2, etc. (MMOs played less due to the other games)

Why I stopped ESO

Morrowind: Assassins
With the Morrowind expansion - we were all dissapointed with the main piece of Morrowind missing... Clockwork city.
(This started the long trend of paying for expansions that didnt give you all the content.)

* Biggest gripe for me, (aside from the 'business model'), was no new content for Assasins.
(Sure, we had the Dark Brotherhood expansion, but why not have it expanded upon here? I mean... Morrowind is 100% about the assassin quest line,
with their own special brand of assassins in Morrowind... that, unfortunately, does NOT tie into your Assassin role play/story at all - not even a new guild to join, etc)

Elsweyr Thieves (yeah, you see a trend)
Im a thief - bought the thieves guild expansion, and am excited for the Elsweyr - as we know all cats are theives -
... cant get into any houses - cant picklock them as they are just images to look at, not go into.
(I mean, I can role-play that they are thieves, thus you cant pick lock their houses as they are soooo talented)

yet, another missed opportunity.

Trying to get back in - updating ESO expansions/DLCs
Greymoor:
Reviews were horrible so I missed out
* not to mention, at least 'most of Morrowind was there' in the Morrowind expansion...
... we still are missing the middle part of Skyrim? and its split up into a million pieces? lol! (actually, not so funny)

Blackrock:
Didnt get as it wont give me Greymoor
It was cheaper buying my daughter all the expansions and base game than me gettin greymoor and blackrock... wtf?

Murkmire:
Why didnt we get a good proper full area for our lizard folk
* one of the more interesting/unique places of the game (beats Summerset - which is kinda bland)

ESO's FUTURE:

Remember: This takes nothing away from anyone
note: There may be tech limitations (it happened with Conan Exiles - they didnt build it right from the ground up, so they had issues with some of the promised content)

* However, remember:
Micro$oft owns ZoS, so they are more akin to a Blizzard game then something from funcom (though tencent does own funcom)

With what I have to say, look at the Diablo IV team, and what they have done - to see... it is not only possible, but doable.
* I have watched the Diablo IV quarterly updates since day one. ;)

The diablo IV team were well into development - and REWROTE THE ENTIRE ENGINE FROM SCRATCH
(Then Unreal Engine 5 came out a year later in beta for this year... happens - I mean you can take Zbrush high poly models and toss them in the engine as is)

Point is... they said, "never say no" and "to make it work... and have fun doing it"
ZoS... is this you?

What I personally want:
1: Open World... yeap, you heard it and read correctly. (get a new engine, rewrite the code - but do NOT make an excuse... the game is outdated)
(This would allow flying - for those who wish to have it, and make a more immersive rp experience)
... no reason you should have to load into zone after zone after zone after... in Skyrim.
(Summerst I can prance around the whole island... same with Morrowind - cant with Clockwork city... so the limitation is that they are selling portions of the world to you.)

I repeat - they cant sell you Skyrim in mini chunks if its seamless... (repeat: Summerset and Morrowind with Clockwork city as the example)

2: AI
Do like WoWs Island expedition and have the non-player characters act more like actual players. ;)

3: add-ons (make official add-ons) I have enough issues getting ESO to launch (unlike my other games) to even want to consider addons.
* mini-map (a must have for group... make it happen, apparently you had it in beta - pull it up and give it in the next update... be kind ZoS) ;)

4: Build up and fix old expansions
This includes Dark Brother hood (you can make an assassin update for the Morrowind chapter - and thieves guild update for Elsweyr, etc)

5: Mounts, etc - whatever you get with cash... you should be able to get in-game
With WoW you can buy game time or anything, really, if you get enough in-game gold.
* as it is, the gambling cat is ZoS's bread and butter.

[Snip]

But... if they would just open up, act like its a game they want to play - you will find that the technical limitations are not real, or can be solved with todays tech.

Im playing ESO, once again - as my daughter started and wanted to play with me...
... once GW2 comes on steam, may just pick it up instead - if they dont do basic things (mini-map) that show they care.
* The comments I see from Greymoor and on are not encouraging, and from replies to my comments - apparently people are fine with Elswyer, etc. and the ESO business model.

Take care - thanks for the read!

Have fund in Tamriel! Hope to see you there!

[Edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_TrishM on November 30, 2021 8:58PM
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm all for most of this. but locking the game behind system requirements even more is a big no.
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    i'm all for most of this. but locking the game behind system requirements even more is a big no.

    I hear you... but systems are soooo robust now.
    The witcher 3 can be played on a nintendo, etc. (and I remember when they 'dumbed' the graphics down on PC because the consoles couldnt handle it)

    Now - to be fair, the guys at Epic have you covered (that being if you use their engine) as Unreal Engine 5 will take your real life graphics and scale it for you... its - truly 'UnReal' ;)

    Seriously, its on ZoS now to actually do something - they have the budget that our mortal minds cant understand (microsoft)
    and... the tech is here - if the team at Diablo can legit recreate the engine from scratch after almost finishing Diablo IV...

    ... its just ZoS not being that into their own world.

    The whole bit about Skryim - like an inside joke.
    Sell the 100th copy of the actual game, then in ESO, divide up to sell off in portions. lol!
    (Dear God)

    So yes... I think - actually - know... the above can be done without much ado.
    (Especially by the time they get it out...)

    Thanks for the response, btw!

    Have a great day - and maybe will run across you in Tamriel!
    (If you see a crazy were-wolf running about... unless thats a thing nowdays - wasnt so many when I last played) :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You lost me at a few places.

    Clockwork City is the main piece of Morrowind?

    Morrowind is 100% about the assassin questline?

    All Khajiits are thieves?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »

    I hear you... but systems are soooo robust now.

    Just because your system is great, doesn't mean everyone's is.

    The witcher 3 can be played on a nintendo, etc.

    Just checking the Polygon review to refresh my memory:
    So how does Witcher 3 run on Nintendo’s platform? Better than expected, but there are no miracles at work here. To ensure Witcher 3’s playability, the developers dramatically decreased the resolution, dropping it to 540p when in handheld mode, and 720p when docked. In practical terms, this makes the Switch version look noticeably fuzzier than its counterparts on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
    .
    .
    It’s not always a steady 30 frames per second, but the PS4 and Xbox One couldn’t manage such a feat either.
    .
    .
    As with Original Sin 2 and Diablo 3 before it, this port’s developers opted for performance and playability over visual acuity, which paid off handsomely. If you want someone to be able to play a huge game or hours upon hours, it’s more important to make it feel good than look good.

    So... yeah. W3 runs on Nintendo because they dropped the graphics, hard. That's not a good argument for "everything's so awesome now, we should jack up the graphics as high as they can go!"
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    You lost me at a few places.

    Clockwork City is the main piece of Morrowind?

    Morrowind is 100% about the assassin questline?

    All Khajiits are thieves?

    Sorry - I am absolutely horrible at communicating...

    1:
    Remember when Morrowind came out and people were upset that a 'main' part of what was expected to be part of 'Morrowind' was not there?
    (Thats all I was referring to - no one expected their collectors edition not to come with - all of Morrowind, let alone miss out on something the scale of Clockwork city)

    But... that is the nature their business model.

    2:
    About Assassin - Morag Tong was a key element of one of the quest lines in Morrowind from the beginning.
    Forgot the main lady's name in the trailer that led you through it. (been awhile)

    * Point was, with the level that it was brought up, one would think they could have dived more deeply into the assassin role for those who joined the Dark Brotherhood (maybe something new to join, alliance, etc)

    3:
    I was assuming, from playing, that they were considered thieves.
    (Not sure if it was from what I heard in Skyrim "rumors that they are not trusted", etc)
    * Sorry if Im wrong there...
    * point is: Build up on what you already have (not force it, of course),
    ... but there is plenty of room to have expanded upon the thieves guild.

    The thieves guild, fun - is the most dissapointing between it and Dark Brotherhood.
    * Also, the wonky animation that messes up and gets you caught as you try to steal sometimes.

    Thanks for asking

    My apologies - and, hope it helped!

    See you in Tamriel!
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    This would basically wipe out a game that is currently very successful and rewrite it into something it isn't.

    Uh - dont know - what is successful?
    I mean, Belluar, etc. all talk about FFIV (dont even hear about GW2)

    Hey, Im all for it - wont touch FFIV

    But, wouldnt wipe anything out - nothing takes away from what is there.
    And as mentioned - if Diablo team can do it... they can to (they now have microsofts cash)
    ... just not the desire.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish TES: VI released soon so all the people playing ESO that aren't really interested in playing an MMO would leave.

    Maybe then ZOS would focus on the MMO part again and stop calling ESO an online RPG, but that probably won't happen. It's obvious to see TES went the Grant Theft Auto route because of how lucrative the Online version of their IPs became and are trying to milk all the Solo RPG players for as long and as much as they can with as many microtransactions as possible.
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »

    I hear you... but systems are soooo robust now.

    Just because your system is great, doesn't mean everyone's is.

    The witcher 3 can be played on a nintendo, etc.

    Just checking the Polygon review to refresh my memory:
    So how does Witcher 3 run on Nintendo’s platform? Better than expected, but there are no miracles at work here. To ensure Witcher 3’s playability, the developers dramatically decreased the resolution, dropping it to 540p when in handheld mode, and 720p when docked. In practical terms, this makes the Switch version look noticeably fuzzier than its counterparts on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
    .
    .
    It’s not always a steady 30 frames per second, but the PS4 and Xbox One couldn’t manage such a feat either.
    .
    .
    As with Original Sin 2 and Diablo 3 before it, this port’s developers opted for performance and playability over visual acuity, which paid off handsomely. If you want someone to be able to play a huge game or hours upon hours, it’s more important to make it feel good than look good.

    So... yeah. W3 runs on Nintendo because they dropped the graphics, hard. That's not a good argument for "everything's so awesome now, we should jack up the graphics as high as they can go!"

    This will help you...

    Valve:
    Steam Deck
    - yes, will play Death STranding!!! (same game as my uber PC)
    And many have it pre-ordered (you should check it out - you may like it)
    ... beats the nintendo left and right, and Linus Tech Tips will help you out if you wanna good reveiw. :)

    So - the hardware argument...
    ... we can say this is already too much for most games. ;)
    What makes it ok now?

    *** Remember - tech has improved
    Unreal Engine 5, you can toss in life like graphics and it will scale for you

    We have the steam deck

    POINT:
    Things have moved forward
    It WILL WORK - better than this does now... if they fix it.

    Can they - of course they can.
    If Diablo IV team can rewrite the engine from scratch after almost completing it... why not.
    (Quarterly updates from them on this has been amazing)

    Zos - they have the time and cash.

    ... what I dont get - this wont hurt you in anyway.
    Seriously, I only said Nintendo - as that is what most folks know
    Steam Deck is more accurate

    And... its not native the apps - pretty cool tech from 'Lord' Gabe Newell
    (May he save our sould) ;)
    Edited by Dhaylen on November 30, 2021 8:03PM
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    I wish TES: VI released soon so all the people playing ESO that aren't really interested in playing an MMO would leave.

    Maybe then ZOS would focus on the MMO part again and stop calling ESO an online RPG, but that probably won't happen. It's obvious to see TES went the Grant Theft Auto route because of how lucrative the Online version of their IPs became and are trying to milk all the Solo RPG players for as long and as much as they can with as many microtransactions as possible.

    Well - to be fair, yes - they shot themselves in the foot with this, so to speak.
    But - its not unsavable... it can be 'saved'.

    However, coming back - its the same things... the crown store

    * I cannot even upgrade to Greymoore and Blackrock without paying an arm and leg.
    The whole game plus all expansions are cheaper than those two put together with the current sale. :pensive: *

    Their business model kills this game.

    They started out with:
    Premium price
    Montly
    In-apps

    Then killed monthly (unless you craft - I do... but not here as it $$$)
    And link everything to the scammy gambling cat. lol!

    Take care!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deciding to rip out your engine and re-do it from scratch is something that happens, sometimes, yes.... when the game isn't out yet. No-one is going to do that for an 8-year-old MMO. Tweaks, improvements, incremental changes, sure. Total re-write in an entirely different engine? Laughable.



    As for a Steam Deck - eh, no thanks. Not interested in mobile/small screen/etc. I'm quite happy with my mid tower desktop. Never had a gameboy, or vita, or any of those.


    edit: and by the way -
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    * I cannot even upgrade to Greymoore and Blackrock without paying an arm and leg.
    The whole game plus all expansions are cheaper than those two put together with the current sale. :pensive: *

    You can buy the "whole game and all expansions" and apply it to your account to get the ones you don't have.
    I bought the Collection during the Blackwood event and got Elsweyr/Greymoor/Blackwood for $30
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on November 30, 2021 8:14PM
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Deciding to rip out your engine and re-do it from scratch is something that happens, sometimes, yes.... when the game isn't out yet. No-one is going to do that for an 8-year-old MMO. Tweaks, improvements, incremental changes, sure. Total re-write in an entirely different engine? Laughable.



    As for a Steam Deck - eh, no thanks. Not interested in mobile/small screen/etc. I'm quite happy with my mid tower desktop. Never had a gameboy, or vita, or any of those.


    edit: and by the way -
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    * I cannot even upgrade to Greymoore and Blackrock without paying an arm and leg.
    The whole game plus all expansions are cheaper than those two put together with the current sale. :pensive: *

    You can buy the "whole game and all expansions" and apply it to your account to get the ones you don't have.
    I bought the Collection during the Blackwood event and got Elsweyr/Greymoor/Blackwood for $30

    1: Dont be limited with your vision of whats possible with a company like microsoft behind you.
    There literally is nothing holding them back.
    * Will they - you are right, they wont... can they - yes, would it be Epic... of course

    2: STeam Deck
    * you can hook it up to a large monitor and video edit with Windows if you wish to put it on.
    Point was a rebuttle about Nintendo using a dumbed down version of Witcher.
    - That you can get affordable devices (that are portable like Steam Deck) to play full games, so no fear for your PC station! ;)

    3: Where do you buy your game from?
    Definitely not seeing the option. (in fact I see a lot of angry complaints about how they 'decieved' people with what was inside.

    I see we dont quite understand each other and/or agree eye to eye.
    So I have nothing more to add - except... have fun, and perhaps see you in Tamriel!

    [Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_TrishM on November 30, 2021 8:54PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    3: Where do you buy your game from?
    Definitely not seeing the option. (in fact I see a lot of angry complaints about how they 'decieved' people with what was inside.

    I bought it from the ESO store on this website. It applied automatically to my logged-in account. People have been successfully doing this for years.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    This would basically wipe out a game that is currently very successful and rewrite it into something it isn't.

    Uh - dont know - what is successful?
    I mean, Belluar, etc. all talk about FFIV (dont even hear about GW2)

    Hey, Im all for it - wont touch FFIV

    But, wouldnt wipe anything out - nothing takes away from what is there.
    And as mentioned - if Diablo team can do it... they can to (they now have microsofts cash)
    ... just not the desire.

    I don't play those other games... I play ESO. And ESO is more successful now than it's ever been according to Rich Lambert. I have also read online articles naming ESO as one of the top MMOs today.

    I play ESO because it has what I'm looking for in an MMO.
    A Queen of Gold I made, A Silver Bride I built, From the northern summer night, From the winter moon. - "Silver Bride" by Amorphis
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    3: Where do you buy your game from?
    Definitely not seeing the option. (in fact I see a lot of angry complaints about how they 'decieved' people with what was inside.

    I bought it from the ESO store on this website. It applied automatically to my logged-in account. People have been successfully doing this for years.

    Cool - no need to be sarcastic sounding... (you may not have been - tone is hard to tell)
    you come across as very confrontational - so, as mentioned I will not add anything.
    * But on this - I will say, try to keep an open mind as you will see there is a reason people say things

    in my case - im on steam. ;)
    Steam deck didnt give it away. lol!

    take care
    Edited by Dhaylen on November 30, 2021 8:33PM
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    This would basically wipe out a game that is currently very successful and rewrite it into something it isn't.

    Uh - dont know - what is successful?
    I mean, Belluar, etc. all talk about FFIV (dont even hear about GW2)

    Hey, Im all for it - wont touch FFIV

    But, wouldnt wipe anything out - nothing takes away from what is there.
    And as mentioned - if Diablo team can do it... they can to (they now have microsofts cash)
    ... just not the desire.

    I don't play those other games... I play ESO. And ESO is more successful now than it's ever been according to Rich Lambert. I have also read online articles naming ESO as one of the top MMOs today.

    I play ESO because it has what I'm looking for in an MMO.

    Listen - IM there with you... i hear you, literally.
    Thats one reason I came back - despite the issues wanted to give it a spin and bought a copy for my daughter.

    I mean, its flawed - yes... heavily - true.
    But is it fun! Heck yes! You love, others love it... but there is alwasy room for improvement - (some companies more than others)

    AS far as popularity... never cared about that.
    Just wasnt sure where you were going with it... technically its not popular according to most sites/youtube channels, etc.
    (not even mentioned)

    But... as mentioned, rather play this than FFIV online that everyone is playing because its 'popular'

    Have fun!
    See you in Tamriel!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    AS far as popularity... never cared about that.
    Just wasnt sure where you were going with it... technically its not popular according to most sites/youtube channels, etc.
    (not even mentioned)

    I never said anything about popularity. What I said was that I've read online articles naming ESO as one of the top MMOs today.

    I didn't mention YouTube because I don't rely on individual players' videos as being anything more than personal opinion. When I Google "Most successful MMOs in 2021" or "Top MMOs in 2021" etc., ESO is always on the list.
    A Queen of Gold I made, A Silver Bride I built, From the northern summer night, From the winter moon. - "Silver Bride" by Amorphis
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    3: Where do you buy your game from?
    Definitely not seeing the option. (in fact I see a lot of angry complaints about how they 'decieved' people with what was inside.

    I bought it from the ESO store on this website. It applied automatically to my logged-in account. People have been successfully doing this for years.

    Cool - no need to be sarcastic sounding... (you may not have been - tone is hard to tell)
    you come across as very confrontational - so, as mentioned I will not add anything.

    Was meant to be an entirely neutral informational statement.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    1: Dont be limited with your vision of whats possible with a company like microsoft behind you.
    There literally is nothing holding them back.
    * Will they - you are right, they wont... can they - yes, would it be Epic... of course
    [Edited for bashing]

    Hmm. I can't even imagine the business case that would drive the business to justify taking a successful game like ESO and risking it all on an engine rewrite or rebase that would cost millions and not be guaranteed of the same level of success. :confused:

    New engine, however, would probably be largely the same as what they have right now. I have heard them mention a couple of "limitations" but it isn't clear whether they would change things, given the opportunity to do so. Think about it. They have spent the last decade making an MMO game engine that supports the game as they have created it. It is, quite literally, the best engine for ESO.

    What would benefit them more is not an engine rewrite, but a pass over the character and mosnter rigging and to bring everything up to the level of DX12. I expect that DX12 related updates have been going on for a while, but I doubt they will be able to full shed the legacies of the past. This is a questionable proposition, though. A whole lot of people would not notice that they did this, unless ZOS screwed it up, or told people they did it.

    Another thing they could do is take a pass over the original zones and dungeons and bring them up to par with what the current game engine is capable of. The game engine has changed quite a bit, even going back as far as Wrothgar. This would probably be noticed, but I am not sure it is worth the effort, as the older zones are servicable.


    Edited by ZOS_TrishM on November 30, 2021 9:05PM
    Never stop and ask a Miregaunt for directions...

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thread in which the OP contributes half of the posts generally means the OP isn't interested in anyone's point of view but his/her own. In this case, the original post gives very clear indications that this is not the game/developer/parent company/business model/genre for him, and that he wants the game built around what are arguably the two least popular DLCs in the game's evolution, to which end he wants the whole game rewritten. All so that he can enjoy the game that his daughter wants to play rather than all the other games and genres that he personally prefers to play.

    I summarise it in this way not from any malice or criticism, merely to point out that the OP appears to be playing the game under sufferance rather than from enjoyment, and that is never really a starting point from which the developers can take helpful guidance on its future development.
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Dhaylen wrote: »
    1: Dont be limited with your vision of whats possible with a company like micro$oft behind you.
    There literally is nothing holding them back.
    * Will they - you are right, they wont... can they - yes, would it be Epic... of course

    Hmm. I can't even imagine the business case that would drive the business to justify taking a successful game like ESO and risking it all on an engine rewrite or rebase that would cost millions and not be guaranteed of the same level of success. :confused:

    New engine, however, would probably be largely the same as what they have right now. I have heard them mention a couple of "limitations" but it isn't clear whether they would change things, given the opportunity to do so. Think about it. They have spent the last decade making an MMO game engine that supports the game as they have created it. It is, quite literally, the best engine for ESO.

    What would benefit them more is not an engine rewrite, but a pass over the character and mosnter rigging and to bring everything up to the level of DX12. I expect that DX12 related updates have been going on for a while, but I doubt they will be able to full shed the legacies of the past. This is a questionable proposition, though. A whole lot of people would not notice that they did this, unless ZOS screwed it up, or told people they did it.

    Another thing they could do is take a pass over the original zones and dungeons and bring them up to par with what the current game engine is capable of. The game engine has changed quite a bit, even going back as far as Wrothgar. This would probably be noticed, but I am not sure it is worth the effort, as the older zones are servicable.


    Agree, business-wise it wont happen.
    The only company like that is Valve - and they dont have shareholders to please, so Gabe gets to do what he wants.
    (Like his BCI - brain computer interface he's working on)

    People pick on Valve... but, it does break the mold, and demonstrates the potential.

    However - I will meet you half-way... lets do it, if what you said works with the updated engine, they should go for it.
    Personally I want everything in UE5 (still in beta this year) but the tech is mind-blowing to say the least.
    (Drag in a full poly modeled Zbrush character that looks life-like and let the engine do the work... this can scale easily)

    Love Wrothgar - why isnt Skryims mountains as impressive in ESO (I miss the heights between whiterun and riften from Skyrim - game proper, not ESO.)

    The whole splitting zones - not needed at all.
    Skyrim is split a billion times so they can sell it a billion times (like the actual game)
    * Summerset you can prance around all day. without loading into an area, same with Morrowind (minus the paid Clockwork city)

    Yeah, I mean - go for it is my point.
    Doesnt have to be like I mentioned... but for the love of God, we dont even have a mini map.
    (If you are in a group - needed... and I 'don't' do add-ons)

    ... again, what I see is more emphasis on the gambling cat and loot crates then caring about user experience.
    Different vision - this game would stay around indefinitely. (Like why didnt we get the full area of murkmire?)
    * nice to see some variance in geography... swamps, high mountains - everything feels like a desert or summerset.

    Take care,

    See you in Tamriel
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Any thread in which the OP contributes half of the posts generally means the OP isn't interested in anyone's point of view but his/her own. In this case, the original post gives very clear indications that this is not the game/developer/parent company/business model/genre for him, and that he wants the game built around what are arguably the two least popular DLCs in the game's evolution, to which end he wants the whole game rewritten. All so that he can enjoy the game that his daughter wants to play rather than all the other games and genres that he personally prefers to play.

    I summarise it in this way not from any malice or criticism, merely to point out that the OP appears to be playing the game under sufferance rather than from enjoyment, and that is never really a starting point from which the developers can take helpful guidance on its future development.

    Dude - you are funny... Assumptions - you know what they say about 'assume'
    * I like ESO.
    * My 'daughter' (I have four kids and they are four grown adults... not playing this for my little kids sake!) lol!
    * Rewrite (nah, not the game - the engine... and not even that, use UE5... they can and you wont notice)
    ... everything is something that will make things smooth NOTHING will take away from what you do.

    * Oh, you're right - I was giving my opinion... should have made that clearer. (thought it was)
    ... seriously though - what I said is not an opinion to even be 'debated', per say, as it makes no changes
    other than improving what already exist. (So NOT forcing any idea on anyone) ;)

    Also, about my comments,
    merely replying to people - and again... nothing I suggested will change what you know (just make it smoother) ;)

    I get you say you're not saying it with malice - but, as you may see - words are very easy to misunderstand, and tone is one of them.

    * The engine rewrite is really getting to people.

    I get it - but, its like a finger pointing to the moon, but the person looks at the finger instead.

    Realize what a company with microsofts funding can actually accomplish - and 'demand' it from them if you like the game more then me... cause - tech, it moves fast... and they were not prepared for future proofing. (only bringing in money through the gambling cat/loot crates) ;)

    As how they do it... I am all ears, look at a post above yours, where I said, "Hey, sounds great your suggestion... maybe they can use that newer engine"...

    I dont care how they do it - as much as ZoS is not doing it.

    * Ive played ESO since beta...
    ... going back to your comment "so he can play with his daughter"
    Next time, re-read - dont be hasty... I stopped right before Greymoor and gave reasons.
    (you mentioned that everything before Greymoor are the least liked? lol! Well, I didnt get Greymoor due to the bad reviews)

    Got back in, and yeah - wanna have fun and give my opinion.
    * WE are allowed that, though people seem to be more interested in not constructive feedback (as the one guy with his engine idea) but tearing down something that 'offends them'... dont get it really.

    Not sure why you read or reply - not changing my mind or anyone esles.
    NOt even sure what you want me to believe? :)


    See you in Tamriel...
    Edited by Dhaylen on November 30, 2021 9:20PM
  • ZOS_TrishM
    ZOS_TrishM
    admin
    Greetings,

    We're going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

    Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.