Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 Master Anglers & proof that the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl works!

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddler wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the Hissmir Fish-Eye drink against a large sample? I wonder if it does anything beyond the visual effects.

As far as I understand, Hissmir was rendered pretty useless once they added actual text to the ui indicating the type of fishing spot. Otherwise, it just makes the spots a little more visible.
  • jbonifacejr
    jbonifacejr
    Soul Shriven
    This is one of the most impressive threads I've read. The data provided is so thorough that anyone can see the value in earning the achievement on at least one toon. The achievement is a bragging right, and is a test of patience and determination. I can't imagine doing this on more than one toon. I am still working on my first. I complete the zone fishing achievement after clearing all the other zone content. Hats off to you for your accomplishment here.
  • Gullyable
    Gullyable
    Soul Shriven
    How did you collect the data? I use my ESO Grinder addon to save looted items off to a database but there are some things that I'm not saving yet.

Sorry if this thread is to old to revive...
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gullyable wrote: »
    How did you collect the data? I use my ESO Grinder addon to save looted items off to a database but there are some things that I'm not saving yet.

Sorry if this thread is to old to revive...

I wrote down all the items i collected after i completed each achievement in each zone!

Used a google doc, then used my very bad and pathetic math skills to add them all together :joy:
  • Lokisbjorn
    Lokisbjorn
    Soul Shriven
    Did they remove Perfect ROe from the game? I have been fishing for the past 4 days and it has been about 3 days since I was able to get any. I still have sealed writs that call for it. I have fillets a couple of hundred fish without a single perfect roe. I know I cant be that unlucky...not even me...LOL
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fishing isn't so bad if you want to do something different. But, I really can't find anyone that wants to fish with me. Has anyone had any luck in getting Master Angler by fishing by yourself? Or, is that a waste of time?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    The fishing isn't so bad if you want to do something different. But, I really can't find anyone that wants to fish with me. Has anyone had any luck in getting Master Angler by fishing by yourself? Or, is that a waste of time?
    I did it completely solo, or at least 99% of time, couple of times it was others around and in Cyrodil I fished with one from another alliance :)

You could try to start an fishing event in an social guild where you use voice, you can not really chat while fishing.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    I did it completely solo, or at least 99% of time, couple of times it was others around and in Cyrodil I fished with one from another alliance :)

You could try to start an fishing event in an social guild where you use voice, you can not really chat while fishing.

Was part of a fishing guild for 2 years and nobody wanted to fish in that either :D

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Was part of a fishing guild for 2 years and nobody wanted to fish in that either :D
    Guess they was all master anglers already :smiley: or the guild had changed.

But it was no problem doing it solo, it was an time I played a lot at weird times like very early in the morning so few others around. I started doing it for the dye colors in the start and just kept going.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the food +cp i fished 30 rare fish in 3h , this having in mind i was looking for places to fish.

After opening all the fish i got 4 perfect roe.

I tried fishing with a friend and tbh i think it just makes everything harder.

The spot lasts half the time.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finished the angler achievement for most zones, just need to complete Hew's Bane and The Deadlands. Did it solo most of the time, with some random people fishing at the same spot. I had once even in Imperial City someone from another alliance who didn't attack. We emptied the fishing hole together and went different directions after that.

With all buffs up, ie Fish Bowl food and the two relevant stars in the green CP tree slotted, I finished a whole zone in 30 to 90 minutes.

Till now I fillet roughly 6k fish and the drop rate for Perfect Roe was slightly above 0.7%.

• Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got the Fish Bowl recipe, then noticed I used up all the Clam Gall in other stuff. Thought Craglorn was a grind for the Nirncrox; looks Summerset will be worse. Don't really want to pay the high prices at the Guild Traders. :D

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for the late responses to the comments on this thread, i don't check forum as much as i used to, but with the news of account wide achievements coming i've been pinged a fair bit lately.
    Lokisbjorn wrote: »
    Did they remove Perfect ROe from the game? I have been fishing for the past 4 days and it has been about 3 days since I was able to get any. I still have sealed writs that call for it. I have fillets a couple of hundred fish without a single perfect roe. I know I cant be that unlucky...not even me...LOL

The drop rate is somewhere around 1% each time you file a fish. I know it can be painful, but they do exist.

I believe that over-all the best method is to fish with 1 other person, using the artaeum pickled fish bowl food, and the 2 champion point slottables.

Downside to having more people fish is the hole drains faster, making you have to move more often and spend less time fishing. But fishing with 1 other person for the increased rare fish chance is worth it.
    With the food +cp i fished 30 rare fish in 3h , this having in mind i was looking for places to fish.

After opening all the fish i got 4 perfect roe.

I tried fishing with a friend and tbh i think it just makes everything harder.

The spot lasts half the time.

Yup! My preferance is to fish solo too, but duo fishing can be benefitial too
    tomfant wrote: »
    I finished the angler achievement for most zones, just need to complete Hew's Bane and The Deadlands. Did it solo most of the time, with some random people fishing at the same spot. I had once even in Imperial City someone from another alliance who didn't attack. We emptied the fishing hole together and went different directions after that.

With all buffs up, ie Fish Bowl food and the two relevant stars in the green CP tree slotted, I finished a whole zone in 30 to 90 minutes.

Till now I fillet roughly 6k fish and the drop rate for Perfect Roe was slightly above 0.7%.

So glad you found friendly enemies to fish with in IC! I've been ganked twice attempting to fish there. And the drop rate for roe seems about the same as what i've been experiencing.
    Finally got the Fish Bowl recipe, then noticed I used up all the Clam Gall in other stuff. Thought Craglorn was a grind for the Nirncrox; looks Summerset will be worse. Don't really want to pay the high prices at the Guild Traders. :D

The upcoming anniversary event is a great time to stock up on rare alchemy ingredients by doing simple dailies like crafting writs!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be discussing in depth about account wide achievements here, because there is already an official thread about it in the PTS section, but i am glad to see it finally be introduced into the game 🎉🐟

Also, since this post was made, i've done 2 more master anglers, one after the CP rework last year, and one recently in celebration of the news of account wide achievements

The latest one was my personal best time ever, just over 35 hours start to finish! 👇

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XjtF8_B2TmI

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ayzq-UbYdXY
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great. Thank You for all the work You put into it. Very helpful data.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I was surprised you're still going with this, was my initial inspiration to actually go for one years ago:)

And congrats on a 32'nd one, that's huge!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    This is great. Thank You for all the work You put into it. Very helpful data.

Im glad you enjoyed it! :)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I was surprised you're still going with this, was my initial inspiration to actually go for one years ago:)

And congrats on a 32'nd one, that's huge!

Thank you! I will try to eek out a few more before the patch hits the live server!
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck on Master Angler WR attempts :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got MA four times solo.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your lost MyNameIsElias

This update was brutal for your with the AWA :(
    Edited by WiseSky on March 18, 2022 5:41AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Looks like they also ruined the game for achievement seekers and not only for players that were using it to track progress on alts. I wonder what was the point of AWA.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Is it confirmed that AWA affects Master Angler? I remember asking in the PTS feedback that this be removed from AWA so that people who enjoyed 'earning' this on multiple toons could still 'earn' it and wear the title proudly on each toon.

I still have not logged onto my alt toons, so I do not know how great the AWA impact is.

• RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenez wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that AWA affects Master Angler? I remember asking in the PTS feedback that this be removed from AWA so that people who enjoyed 'earning' this on multiple toons could still 'earn' it and wear the title proudly on each toon.

Uhm, why should master angler be a exception? People also enjoy running their triples on alts and want to "earn" them again there.

AWA were made to "improve the performance", so I don't see a point why they should make exceptions for certain activities.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fishing is awesome in eso
    PC-NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenez wrote: »

I still have not logged onto my alt toons, so I do not know how great the AWA impact is.

You get the Master Angler achievement and can wear the title on your lvl 2 character in the tutorial.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to thank you! I'm slowly coming back into the game and decided to take things easy - so working on fishing! Your images for where holes are, are super helpful! Already got a few zones done with just the CP passive and will add food when needed for my sanity haha.

I do think Craglorn may be missing from your images though? I didn't see it
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP used to like fishing on here.