The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which personalities don't make your character scream?

joseayalac
joseayalac
✭✭✭✭✭
I play an Imperial Dragonknight an he screams when using 90% of his skills. It can get annoying at times. Have any of you come out with a combination of voice (character creation) and personality that won't make your character yell all the time?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personalities doesn't effect that. The Heroic personality can make you scream randomly while idle, though.

It's just something our characters do of some reason. They are very vocal when it comes to their fighting. Real screamers honestly. All you can do is listen to the voice examples or Youtube videos people have done of the voices to find one that suits you the best.

Or to ask ZOS for an option to mute our own character.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on November 30, 2021 12:41AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took me 6 Appearance Change Tokens before I found a Breton Female voice that wasn't annoying.

Yes, that's like $30 USD just to make my character's voice tolerable. Not a good consumer practice.

For anyone who is curious, here's my Breton Female voice research. Voice D is the best.

a is too high pitched
    b is too high pitched. not sure if a or b is worse
    c sounds like she's about to throw up when casting Boundless Storm
    d is not bad for boundless storm and wall of storms. it might be the best so far
    e is a low pitched grunt sound. not sure if annoying yet. might be annoying over time due to how low it is
    f is very annoying
    g voice is way too low
    h is very annoying. sounds like a witch or something. very bad voice
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, Voice E for Dark Elf Female is the most tolerable.
    PC NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just want to mute character voices totally (optional okay? not wanting to take it away from those who are happy with all that....)