Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player: I got 1 question

lucablight27
lucablight27
Soul Shriven
last time I played was 2015.... now I wanna get back into the game, and ive notice theres a few new things to buy but im a little confuse.

Basically I wanna get all the DLCs and new classes. Im confuse about the bundles being sold, ones the blackwood collectors edition and then theres the collectors edition upgrade, if I buy the collectors edition upgrade do I get all the DLCs including new classes? a little confusing since it the bundle (collectors edition upgrade) doesnt mention previous DLCs, only the bonus exclusive content...

Just to reiterate I want all the chapters which includes Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerse, Morrowind and of course Blackwood as well as the other classes (warden and necromancer)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it... If you buy the The Elder Scrolls® Online Collection: Blackwood (not UPGRADE), you get the Chapters up to and including Blackwood and if you use your existing account, these chapters will be added to your account. The chapters will include the chapter content (zone, classes, and skill lines)

Edit: DLC content (the dungeon DLCs and non-chapter zone DLCs) are not included

Edited by Elsonso on November 28, 2021 7:31PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwood edition should include all the previous chapters (not upgrade. Upgrades are for existing players who own the previous chapters and only need blackwood).

DLC are all separate. If you sub for 15 bucks a month (plus tax) to ESO+ you get all the DLC and can play them in their entirety.

Purchasing DLC allows you to play that zone if you do not have ESO plus.

If you do any crafting in game or intend to decorate housing, you will benefit greatly from ESO+ as it unlocks a craftbag that will store all your crafting materials. It also doubles the amount of furniture you can place in a home. For crafting, this is pretty much mandatory unless you have a lot of mule/bank chacters and dont mind playing the bag maintenance minigame.

Here is the store page.
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store

If you are on PC you will want this one
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_blackwood_edition
    If you want the collectors edition for 7 bucks more you get a mount and some stuff
    https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_blackwood_edition_ce

EDIT: I am not sure about the Warden Class and Necromancer, those might be crown store only now. You might end up having to spend extra for them (which imo is lame, but imo much of the monetization about this game is).
    Edited by Raideen on November 29, 2021 10:18AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    EDIT: I am not sure about the Warden Class and Necromancer, those might be crown store only now. You might end up having to spend extra for them (which imo is lame, but imo much of the monetization about this game is).

Based on the store description, the classes and skill lines are included with the chapters in the full Blackwood collection (not upgrade)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jameson71
    jameson71
    ✭✭
    I thought once you have bought a base game, you can buy an upgrade to bring you current (ignoring DLC and ESO+)?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Collector's editions do NOT give you access to DLCs. They just include additional cosmetic stuff you may not want.

ZOS have been releasing a new chapter every year, in summer. This typically includes a major new overland zone and other content, such as a new class, companions, the mythic system, the Psijic skill line and so on. In the first year after release you can only get the chapter content by buying it. Thereafter it becomes DLC. However, as far as I know, some things, like classes and skill lines that were originally included with an old chapter, are not included with the DLC version of that chapter, but may be bought separately with crowns.

Getting the base game plus an ESO+ subscription should give you access to all old chapters but the latest one (Blackwood). A 6 month subscription would probably also give you just about sufficient crowns to fill in the gaps, e.g. to buy the warden, necromancer, Psijic skill lines and so on.

Buying Blackwood will include the latest chapter and the earlier ones. I presume it will include the classes and extras from previous chapters. It will not include all the old quarterly DLCs. You'd still need to get ESO+ for those or would have to buy them separately with crowns, if you wanted them. The main benefit of buying Blackwood is that you get that chapter now. There is no other way to get it until next summer (going by how ZOS have done this in the past).

If you know how to make in-game gold, you can buy everything but the latest chapter with in-game gold, but not directly from ZOS. You need to arrange for another player to gift it to you. That other player has to buy the content for you with excess crowns they have, typically because they have an ESO+ subscription that gave them unneeded crowns. Prices have been going through the roof lately. Expect to pay 1K to 2K in-game gold per crown, depending on platform. You will need to make millions. It's doable, but won't happen overnight.
    Edited by fred4 on December 2, 2021 5:06PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    If you do any crafting in game or intend to decorate housing, you will benefit greatly from ESO+ ... For crafting, this is pretty much mandatory unless you have a lot of mule/bank chacters and dont mind playing the bag maintenance minigame.
    As a disenchanted (with lag) PvPer I am currently off ESO+. You have to get really organised without it but it is doable. Here is how I do it:
    • All characters are expanded to 200 item slots and the bank to 240, the maximums.
    • House chests are used for item set storage, purple / gold jewelry and gold weapons only.
    • Body armor is reconstituted via the transmutation / stickerbook system as needed.
    • One character stores 50 crystal transmutation geodes from the end of PvP campaigns.
    • Another character is my chef and stores provisioning ingredients.
    • Another character is my crafter and stores trait and style gems.
    • She only holds selected style gems, those that may also be needed for housing items. The others I sell immediately.
    • The bank holds crafting materials, level 150/160 only.
    • The bank also holds a selection of consumables, including pre-made ones for daily writs.
    • The bank also holds miscellaneous items, such as XP scrolls, key fragments, repair kits, and so on.
    • Dreugh Wax and Chromium are sold while they are (IMO) overvalued.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB